Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Dak thread 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:13 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Mr B wrote:I would love to keep Dak as the QB just not at $41M per season.

Read on Twitter

Congrats!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: Dak: 4 years, $160m 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:21 pm

So that means we have the second best QB in the league !!!!!! :nod: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :gossip:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#3 » by Mr B » Wed May 5, 2021 2:43 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So that means we have the second best QB in the league !!!!!! :nod: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :gossip:

Definitely have the best QB in the division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:27 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Mr B wrote:I would love to keep Dak as the QB just not at $41M per season.

Read on Twitter

Congrats!

Time to pay the piper. :gossip:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Looks like another bad move on Jerry's part. Dak and this contract will set the Cowboys back, I'm saying about 3 years once the dust settles on this one.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:35 pm

With Dak's performance Sunday, for the first time since 1971, I'm starting to like Craig Morton.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:37 pm

Dak was Derek Carr on Sunday. And I’m not interested in having Derek Carr on my team. I need a QB who can make a play to lift his team when a lift is needed. He fell short. And while I don’t blame this loss on the last play (I blame it on 14 f*****g penalties including 7 presnap calls that were inexcusable) he HAS to understand that getting the ball to the official was imperative!

I’m not giving up on him. But I’m also tired of “I take full responsibility” being uttered with no noticeable improvement. There are 3 years left on this contract and I’m thinking the last year may be voidable. This next season is going to be a huge one for him. And the team…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:49 pm

Dak has lost me forever after hearing his press conference following the game. As a player, a coach and official through my lifetime I have never seen a player or team that blames the referee's ever go on to be successful at any level, pro, college or high school. his response to the game reminds me of Tony Romo's after we just lost the division to the Redskins and missed the playoffs again.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like another bad move on Jerry's part. Dak and this contract will set the Cowboys back, I'm saying about 3 years.

Spoiler: There's only one Pat Mahomes. You can't clone the guy. :wink:

The Cowboys are in pretty good shape. Things could be a lot worse.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like another bad move on Jerry's part. Dak and this contract will set the Cowboys back, I'm saying about 3 years.

Spoiler: There's only one Pat Mahomes. You can't clone the guy. :wink:

The Cowboys are in pretty good shape. Things could be a lot worse.

Sure, After 26 years of rebuilding and this is what we have. I'm not that optimistic.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#11 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 pm

Dak still has time to prove he can be a winner. Time is running out though. He has basically 2 more years to prove himself. After that the Cowboys can get out from under his contract.

He’s going to get 1 more shot with MM as the head coach apparently. After the 2022 season if the Cowboys don’t make a deep run in the playoffs I could see the Jones’ going after Sean Payton who’s contract will be up. At that point I think you let Payton find his young QB and groom him for 1 season behind Dak (or you trade Dak).
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:29 am

Dak has had more than enough time to learn and develop. He has gotten paid, Jerry has put all the resources around him that he needs. Even got rid of Garrett so there could be no excuses. Everything the past 5 years has been to given Dak for him to succeed. He's not the guy. you guys can give him another year if you want but I am out. Mahomes has only been in the league 10 minutes and he has already been to 2 straight Super Bowls and 3 straight AFC Championship games. Burrows got hurt last year in his rookie season and came back this year and now has as many playoff wins as Dak. Christ, even Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco have more playoff wins than dak. Bengals with a very young team won because Burrow made everyone around him better and won because of him. When was the last time any of us said the Cowboys won a game because of him? Nevermind, its not Dak's fault, its the officials.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:42 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Dak has had more than enough time to learn and develop. He has gotten paid, Jerry has put all the resources around him that he needs. Even got rid of Garrett so there could be no excuses. Everything the past 5 years has been to given Dak for him to succeed. He's not the guy. you guys can give him another year if you want but I am out. Mahomes has only been in the league 10 minutes and he has already been to 2 straight Super Bowls and 3 straight AFC Championship games. Burrows got hurt last year in his rookie season and came back this year and now has as many playoff wins as Dak. Christ, even Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco have more playoff wins than dak. Bengals with a very young team won because Burrow made everyone around him better and won because of him. When was the last time any of us said the Cowboys won a game because of him? Nevermind, its not Dak's fault, its the officials.

Against because of the salary cap you can’t just cut guys because you no longer like them. Like it or not Dak will be the starting QB in Dallas for at least 2 more season.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:18 am

Dates

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#15 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote: Jerry has put all the resources around him that he needs.

Which of those resources came through vs the 49ers?

All his team gave him were a record number of penalties and not much time on the field

Dak didn't have a great game I'll give you that. But as far as that game went he was surrounded by pure s##t. The oline was garbage, RBs and WRs, the defense couldn't stay off the field. And it was one penalty after another. I'm sorry but that is a lot for any QB to overcome.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:40 pm

The defense was on the field so much because the offense couldn't do a damn thing with the ball the first 4 times they had it. At least the defense held them to mostly field goals till the offense got going, but by them the damage was already done. One of these years Dak might figure out that a football game is played for 60 minutes, not just 15. He wasn't ready as usual when they play a decent team, they were not ready for the moment as usual, must I bring up penalties and lack of disipline? We have seen, talked and posted about this since week 1, nothing new here. Dak can't read defenses or audible for ****, and like I have been saying, he's dumber than a door nail. Someone please send Dak a rules book to read in the off season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:13 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Dates

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If he thought the ref’s screwed him over this year just wait until next year. He’s never getting a call in his favor ever again more than likely.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 pm

Mr B wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If he thought the ref’s screwed him over this year just wait until next year. He’s never getting a call in his favor ever again more than likely.

He definitely has some fence mending in front of him. The thing is at least he’s started. And I have no doubt the statements are genuine. It’s just a damn shame he said what he said to begin with. Because the team already has a bit of a reputation as whining when it comes to officiating. The reality is with a few exceptions they’ve deserved every damn call they get.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#19 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:54 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

He definitely has some fence mending in front of him. The thing is at least he’s started. And I have no doubt the statements are genuine. It’s just a damn shame he said what he said to begin with. Because the team already has a bit of a reputation as whining when it comes to officiating. The reality is with a few exceptions they’ve deserved every damn call they get.

It will likely cost him the Walter Payton award too.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:09 am

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:If he thought the ref’s screwed him over this year just wait until next year. He’s never getting a call in his favor ever again more than likely.

It will likely cost him the Walter Payton award too.

Yeah. That ship sailed. But I also think he’ll do plenty to repair the damage. This won’t define him.

Return to Dallas Cowboys