Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Re: Dak: 4 years, $160m 

Post#61 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:No offense, but even if we fill all the holes we have, we still have Elliott, Prescott and McCarthy coming back. Best outcome I see is another first round loss when the playoffs start. No way we get to the promised land with Dak. I've seen enough. Dak is not even a top 8 QB despite being paid top 3 or 4 in the money dept. No faith in him at all.

They're kind of stuck with Dak now. Looks like they have an out in 2025. But they should have dealt him last year before signing him to that extension. They could have gotten a haul of picks back. Drafted a QB & gone that route. It's nearly impossible to win now with a QB taking up such a large percentage of the cap. How it goes.

Same with Zeke. Stuck with that loser to for another year. I wanted to get rid of that bum 2 years ago. As a matter of fact, if you go back to past draft threads you will see I didn't even want to draft him that night. I remember me and Mr. b wanting totally someone else.

IIRC Jalen Ramsey was in that draft. DeForest Buckner as well.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#62 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:They're kind of stuck with Dak now. Looks like they have an out in 2025. But they should have dealt him last year before signing him to that extension. They could have gotten a haul of picks back. Drafted a QB & gone that route. It's nearly impossible to win now with a QB taking up such a large percentage of the cap. How it goes.

Same with Zeke. Stuck with that loser to for another year. I wanted to get rid of that bum 2 years ago. As a matter of fact, if you go back to past draft threads you will see I didn't even want to draft him that night. I remember me and Mr. b wanting totally someone else.

I'm not positive, but maybe Mr. b can remember that far back but I remember both those names being brought up. I really wanted a DT and I think I was high on Buckner. I think Mr. b wanted Ramsey. I screamed for a DT for about 5 years in a row back then.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#63 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:No offense, but even if we fill all the holes we have, we still have Elliott, Prescott and McCarthy coming back. Best outcome I see is another first round loss when the playoffs start. No way we get to the promised land with Dak. I've seen enough. Dak is not even a top 8 QB despite being paid top 3 or 4 in the money dept. No faith in him at all.

They're kind of stuck with Dak now. Looks like they have an out in 2025. But they should have dealt him last year before signing him to that extension. They could have gotten a haul of picks back. Drafted a QB & gone that route. It's nearly impossible to win now with a QB taking up such a large percentage of the cap. How it goes.

You have to have exceptional drafting to have any chance of overcoming an albatross contract. On the bright side the Cowboys have done fairly well drafting and we are still expected to see a huge jump in the cap, although not this season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#64 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

They should have never given him that contract. 1 more season then they can cut him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#65 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:10 pm

Adios, La’el Collins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#66 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:11 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:They're kind of stuck with Dak now. Looks like they have an out in 2025. But they should have dealt him last year before signing him to that extension. They could have gotten a haul of picks back. Drafted a QB & gone that route. It's nearly impossible to win now with a QB taking up such a large percentage of the cap. How it goes.

In hindsight Ramsey should have been the pick.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#67 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Same with Zeke. Stuck with that loser to for another year. I wanted to get rid of that bum 2 years ago. As a matter of fact, if you go back to past draft threads you will see I didn't even want to draft him that night. I remember me and Mr. b wanting totally someone else.

I'm not positive, but maybe Mr. b can remember that far back but I remember both those names being brought up. I really wanted a DT and I think I was high on Buckner. I think Mr. b wanted Ramsey. I screamed for a DT for about 5 years in a row back then.

They should have went with Ramsey. Never take a RB that high. Dallas had a good enough oline. That you could have plugged anyone in & been fine. Ramsey would have been a huge difference maker on defense.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#68 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

You have to have exceptional drafting to have any chance of overcoming an albatross contract. On the bright side the Cowboys have done fairly well drafting and we are still expected to see a huge jump in the cap, although not this season.

Don't forget the albatross contract we are currently in and gave Elliott a few years ago. What a slap in the face contract that turned out to be as it bites us in the ass for another year.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Same with Zeke. Stuck with that loser to for another year. I wanted to get rid of that bum 2 years ago. As a matter of fact, if you go back to past draft threads you will see I didn't even want to draft him that night. I remember me and Mr. b wanting totally someone else.

Initially I wanted Ramsey or Buckner. I changed my mind to Zeke though. His big play potential was too good to pass up and he delivered his first couple of seasons. That’s why he was able to get that contract. With his playing style though they should have never given him that second contract.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#70 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:15 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Adios, La’el Collins.

What are they going to do with $35M in cap space? I think if they were going to pay Bobby Wagner they would have done so already. And luckily they’re not the ones that didn’t give Von Miller that contract. Who else is out there?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#71 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Don't forget the albatross contract we are currently in and gave Elliott a few years ago. What a slap in the face contract that turned out to be as it bites us in the ass for another year.

Well cap wise it’s actually not hurting them considering they current have $35M in cap space. He’s hurting them on the field because he’s a shell of what he was as a rookie and he’s preventing Pollard from getting more touches.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#72 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:18 pm

Mr B wrote:

What are they going to do with $35M in cap space? I think if they were going to pay Bobby Wagner they would have done so already. And luckily they’re not the ones that didn’t give Von Miller that contract. Who else is out there?

At least with Gregory and Collins gone, we wipe out almost half of the stupid penalties we had last year ! :thumbsup:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#73 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Mr B wrote:You have to have exceptional drafting to have any chance of overcoming an albatross contract. On the bright side the Cowboys have done fairly well drafting and we are still expected to see a huge jump in the cap, although not this season.

I wouldn't call it an albatross. But history says that it's very difficult to win when a QB is making top dollar. It just doesn't happen.

Dak is a top 10 QB. But at the same time unless you have an elite one (Brady, Mahomes), then you won't win regardless.

The next best option, is having a QB on a rookie deal.

The Hawks I think finally realized that they weren't going to win with Wilson. Especially when he wants to be the highest paid. They really had no choice but to move on.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:40 pm

Mr B wrote:

Good question… but the truth of the matter is that Steele did well in replacing him and has earned the job. I still think they should have moved Collins back to LG but my opinion matters little to them. And that doesn’t address C which needs improvement as well not LT where we can’t count on Tyron to play 17.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#75 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:46 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Good question… but the truth of the matter is that Steele did well in replacing him and has earned the job. I still think they should have moved Collins back to LG but my opinion matters little to them. And that doesn’t address C which needs improvement as well not LT where we can’t count on Tyron to play 17.

Is Collins a better fit at RT or G?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#76 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Good question… but the truth of the matter is that Steele did well in replacing him and has earned the job. I still think they should have moved Collins back to LG but my opinion matters little to them. And that doesn’t address C which needs improvement as well not LT where we can’t count on Tyron to play 17.

Worst case scenario he’s quality depth.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#77 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:17 pm

Now this is interesting. Wonder if Jerry is going to pull what Denver did and sneak in and steal a FA.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Good question… but the truth of the matter is that Steele did well in replacing him and has earned the job. I still think they should have moved Collins back to LG but my opinion matters little to them. And that doesn’t address C which needs improvement as well not LT where we can’t count on Tyron to play 17.

Is Collins a better fit at RT or G?

Honestly… he was absolutely dominant at LG his rookie season. Then Doug Free retired and they moved him to RT. He’s been good but nowhere near what he was at LG in the eyes of this observer. And with the injuries the last couple of years, I believe putting him back inside would do wonders for him.

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Mr B wrote:Now this is interesting. Wonder if Jerry is going to pull what Denver did and sneak in and steal a FA.

Read on Twitter

You & I were thinking the exact same thing…

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#80 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Mr B wrote:

Cowboys should be in a great spot to draft another stud LB in the draft. I hear they have their eyes on a couple.

Return to Dallas Cowboys