ImageImageImageImage

Dak thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Dak: 4 years, $160m 

Post#141 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:My big takeaway: Dak is clearly better than Jalen Hurts.

Micah, it's very much true. :wink:

That was Mamba who posted that.

But I agree with it 100% :D

Congrats on the victory!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Post#142 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Purdy/Burrow/Allen/Herbert have a combined 0 rings.

You're looking for Mahomes and that just isn't happening. He's the only REAL upgrade to Dak anyway.

Jumping from Dak to Allen or Herbert IMO is a lateral move.

Also for every Allen and Herbert there are probably 5 Zack Wilsons or Daniel Jones. Just landing a QB equal to Dak takes luck.

Buddy you are knee deep in the cool aid. Trust me I understand your optimism, I just don’t share it anymore. I still need to see him have playoff success before I believe he can actually do it.

We will revisit this conversation once the season is over.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#143 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:29 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:If we could extend Dak for his current rate for another 3 years, would you do it right now (not knowing how the season will play out)?

So another 3 years and 120 million fully guaranteed

Look, we all know (even BJJ I’m sure) that Dak is a very good regular season QB. None of that matters though if you can’t elevate your team in the playoffs. I personally have to wait until the playoffs are done. Let’s see how far he leads the team before extending his contract.

Dak couldn't even get by the wild card round at home. :giveup:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#144 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like another bad move on Jerry's part. Dak and this contract will set the Cowboys back, I'm saying about 3 years.

Spoiler: There's only one Pat Mahomes. You can't clone the guy. :wink:

The Cowboys are in pretty good shape. Things could be a lot worse.

Sure, After 26 years of rebuilding and this is what we have. I'm not that optimistic.

:thinking: :thinking:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,465

Re: Dak thread 

Post#145 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#146 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:36 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

There’s really no rush to get a deal done right now. They really have up to the start of the season. If you ask me they have absolutely no plan going forward. It seems as if they are playing this off season by ear. That’s why I’m expected by a very down year for them.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#147 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like another bad move on Jerry's part. Dak and this contract will set the Cowboys back, I'm saying about 3 years once the dust settles on this one.

I might have some egg on my face on the Mazi draft pick last year, but I'm not wrong here. I told you all this contract would come back and bite us in the AZZ. :banghead:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#148 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I love watching Mahomes play but I’m not just going to give him the title of greatest ever QB. He has to earn it. So far he’s 1-1 in SB’s. He still has a long way to go. But I agree that he has a chance and is extremely fun to watch.

I also agree with Otis. The Bengals deserve some love too. They are not playing great but they’re winning. Winning ugly can sometimes be more impressive than winning pretty, especially for such a young team.

So who do you have that is better than Mahomes? This ought to be good. :eyebrows:

All time? All time it’s pretty easy, Brady, Montana, Peyton, and Elway. Those 4 are clearly ahead of Mahomes on the All Time list. It’s hard to put guys like Stabauch and Bradshaw ahead of him because they played in a different era and don’t have the stats to compare with Mahomes.

As I said before, on the all time list I put Mahomes right there with Favre, Rodgers, and Brees.

As far as this year only though, I would still put him behind Brady and put him on the same level as Rodgers.

Except for Brady and Montana, Mahomes has cruised by all the others. Won't be long now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#149 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm convinced Dak is not the guy for the Cowboys and he is not worth the money we are paying him.

:thinking:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#150 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:No offense, but even if we fill all the holes we have, we still have Elliott, Prescott and McCarthy coming back. Best outcome I see is another first round loss when the playoffs start. No way we get to the promised land with Dak. I've seen enough. Dak is not even a top 8 QB despite being paid top 3 or 4 in the money dept. No faith in him at all.

They're kind of stuck with Dak now. Looks like they have an out in 2025. But they should have dealt him last year before signing him to that extension. They could have gotten a haul of picks back. Drafted a QB & gone that route. It's nearly impossible to win now with a QB taking up such a large percentage of the cap. How it goes.

:thumbsup: :wizard:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,465

Post#151 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:23 pm

You bored?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#152 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:You bored?

At the moment, yes. :lol: Reviewing some old threads.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#153 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:He can do all he wants to repair the damage he's done. Doesn't change my mind one bit. Bad contract on Jerry's part once again. Dak is not the guy. He doesn't make people and the stars around him any better. There is no way in hell he can put the team on his shoulders and carry an offense. We've seen it now for 5 years. He ain't got it. He will never have it. Cowboys are screwed.[b] Plus he is dumb as a door nail. He couldn't read a defense even if they held up a sign telling what they were going to do. [/b]You guys can have your unhealthy man crash with Dak for the next 4 years, but I'm over it. He may not be a physical whimp, but he sure is a mental whimp.

Just a friendly reminder of a thought and prediction I made almost 2 years ago.

And I still haven changed my mind. Only thing I would add is that I feel Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could read defenses better than Dak.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#154 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

There’s really no rush to get a deal done right now. They really have up to the start of the season. If you ask me they have absolutely no plan going forward. It seems as if they are playing this off season by ear. That’s why I’m expected by a very down year for them.

Read on Twitter

Do you guys really think someone will be willing to set the market with Dak after next season. I don't.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#155 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Do you guys really think someone will be willing to set the market with Dak after next season. I don't.

They could be playing chicken with each other. Dak believes he will get a record setting deal on the open market. He believes some team will pay him what he wants. The Jones’ however don’t think he will. The Jones’ expect Dak to come crawling back to them begging for a new deal for less money.

Personally I don’t think the Jones’ don’t know what the **** they are doing. Some team like the Raiders is going to give Dak his money and the Jones’ are going to have absolutely no plan. I will give them credit though for doing something that wasn’t terrible. The way Dak’s contract is set up it won’t take long for them to get out from under it.

I know you don’t like that they pushed $5M more down the road for Dak but if he walks they will only take 1 huge cap hit for dead money. They would have a $40M cap hit next year but after that his cap hits are $12M in 2026, $1M in 2027 and $1M in 2028. So they will only have to deal with 1 season where Dak’s dead money affects them and that should be a down year anyways since they’ll be looking for a new QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#156 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:17 pm

If Dak would be willing to waive his no trade clause, I would trade Dak on or before the draft to gain some picks and go with Trey Lance this season. I've also have seen a couple mock drafts that I feel in love with. Couple of mock drafts has the Cowboys trading Prescott to the Raiders for their first and second round pick. That would give us 13, 24, 44 & 56 in the first two rounds.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#157 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:05 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:There’s really no rush to get a deal done right now. They really have up to the start of the season. If you ask me they have absolutely no plan going forward. It seems as if they are playing this off season by ear. That’s why I’m expected by a very down year for them.

Read on Twitter

They could be playing chicken with each other. Dak believes he will get a record setting deal on the open market. He believes some team will pay him what he wants. The Jones’ however don’t think he will. The Jones’ expect Dak to come crawling back to them begging for a new deal for less money.

Personally I don’t think the Jones’ don’t know what the **** they are doing. Some team like the Raiders is going to give Dak his money and the Jones’ are going to have absolutely no plan. I will give them credit though for doing something that wasn’t terrible. The way Dak’s contract is set up it won’t take long for them to get out from under it.

I know you don’t like that they pushed $5M more down the road for Dak but if he walks they will only take 1 huge cap hit for dead money. They would have a $40M cap hit next year but after that his cap hits are $12M in 2026, $1M in 2027 and $1M in 2028. So they will only have to deal with 1 season where Dak’s dead money affects them and that should be a down year anyways since they’ll be looking for a new QB.

At this point I believe it would be best for Dak to waive his no trade clause and get out of here. Would be best for both parties, especially for the Cowboys. Cowboys are going to blow anyway this year and I can see Dak getting hurt early and missing most of the year due to injury which would be horrible for him. Best thing for the Cowboys is to tank for high draft choices next year. But Jerry and Stephen would fu.k it up anyway.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#158 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:There’s really no rush to get a deal done right now. They really have up to the start of the season. If you ask me they have absolutely no plan going forward. It seems as if they are playing this off season by ear. That’s why I’m expected by a very down year for them.

Read on Twitter

If that's the case I hope Dak has a career ending injury week 1. I don't want him to even think about crawling back here if nobody signs him to his terms.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#159 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 pm

So any of you guys living in Dallas know anything about Dak's sexually assault trial that I was reading about and informed of yesterday? Case is being transferred to a different county and she is asking for 100 mill in damages.
Mr B
RealGM

Dak thread 

Post#160 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So any of you guys living in Dallas know anything about Dak's sexually assault trial that I was reading about and informed of yesterday? Case is being transferred to a different county and she is asking for 100 mill in damages.

Here is the latest. She dropped the case in Dallas County and refiled the case in Collin County (slightly north of Dallas). He filed a defamation case against her in Collin County.

Read on Twitter

Return to Dallas Cowboys