Weekly Game Threads !

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,344

Re: Weekly Game Threads ! 

Post#321 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 9, 2022 6:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Regardless, if the Cowboys don't get by the divisional round and make it to the Super Bowl, this season will be a failure. And If I'm the head coach Tony Pollard is my starting RB going forward. Zeke is done as an RB. His knee and body is all used up and I can't wait to get rid of his ass. Of course I have been wanting to get rid of him 2 years ago but Mr. B was right. Because of the contract we couldn't get rid of him because of the huge salary cap hit but would use him up and move on after his contract was up. Problem for me is I thought he was used up the year after his suspension. Shout out to Mr. B but I can't wait to move on from Elliot.
Another thing that has been bothering me the past few weeks is that the offensive line doesn't play with enough physicality. They need to be much more physical and impose their will more fiercely moving forward.

I actually disagree, this season wouldn’t be a failure if they don’t make the SB. No one expected this team to be this good this year. They still have some major holes in their defense they need to fix, which I think they will do during the draft. I think if this team can get to the NCF Championship game the season will still have been a success. Anything short of that though and this team is just what it’s always done the last 25 years.

As for Zeke, I still like Zeke. He’s not the same guy we drafted out of Ohio State but he’s still pretty productive. Plus with his contract he’s has to be here for at least 1 more season.

The guys I’m most worried about keeping at Gregory and Lawrence. Gregory is free and DLaw is owed a ton of money. The thing is though that DLaw, Gregory, and Parsons are now the heart and soul of the defense. The Cowboys need all 3.

The OL needs more youth added to it.

I don't believe Zeke has anything left in the tank. His passion for partying and doing molly has taken its toll and is very rapidly breaking down his body. It took him 5 years to get in the best shape of his life coming into this season and this is how his body has reacted.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,168

Post#322 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:12 pm

Zeke finished the season right at 1,000 yards at 4.2 ypc

That is a "good" season. I'd say that squeezes him into the top-10. Maybe top-8.

Pollard had 700 yards at 5.5 ypc and I don't disagree that he looks better and certainly seems to have more burst but I do think it is an unfair comparison to a workhorse. If Pollard carried the bulk his ypc would certainly be lower than 5.5

I hope that McCarthy splits up their carries and also on top of that I hope they do some new play schemes around the run. Trick it up a bit. Thrown in some misdirection. Do things we didn't do during the regular season.

Because Arizona knows how to stop our current run scheme
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,125

Post#323 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Regardless, if the Cowboys don't get by the divisional round and make it to the Super Bowl, this season will be a failure. And If I'm the head coach Tony Pollard is my starting RB going forward. Zeke is done as an RB. His knee and body is all used up and I can't wait to get rid of his ass. Of course I have been wanting to get rid of him 2 years ago but Mr. B was right. Because of the contract we couldn't get rid of him because of the huge salary cap hit but would use him up and move on after his contract was up. Problem for me is I thought he was used up the year after his suspension. Shout out to Mr. B but I can't wait to move on from Elliot.
Another thing that has been bothering me the past few weeks is that the offensive line doesn't play with enough physicality. They need to be much more physical and impose their will more fiercely moving forward.

I actually disagree, this season wouldn’t be a failure if they don’t make the SB. No one expected this team to be this good this year. They still have some major holes in their defense they need to fix, which I think they will do during the draft. I think if this team can get to the NCF Championship game the season will still have been a success. Anything short of that though and this team is just what it’s always done the last 25 years.

As for Zeke, I still like Zeke. He’s not the same guy we drafted out of Ohio State but he’s still pretty productive. Plus with his contract he’s has to be here for at least 1 more season.

The guys I’m most worried about keeping at Gregory and Lawrence. Gregory is free and DLaw is owed a ton of money. The thing is though that DLaw, Gregory, and Parsons are now the heart and soul of the defense. The Cowboys need all 3.

The OL needs more youth added to it.

I don't believe Zeke has anything left in the tank. His passion for partying and doing molly has taken its toll and is very rapidly breaking down his body. It took him 5 years to get in the best shape of his life coming into this season and this is how his body has reacted.

Yea he had over a 1,000 yard season. He is on the decline though but as I stated before his contract is going to prevent them from being able to cut him. He has a $30M dead cap but if he’s cut this off season. After next season his dead cap number drops to $11M which is more manageable.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#324 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:30 am

Read on Twitter
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#325 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:44 am

Cowboys the #3 seed?
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#326 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:44 am

Yes, it's confirmed, Dallas is the #3 seed.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#327 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:54 am

So we play the 49ers?

Ooohhh...I like that
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#328 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:04 am

Just like in the 90s, Cowboys vs. 49ers.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#329 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:08 am

I really like our odds against the 9ers. I think we'll win.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#330 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:20 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I really like our odds against the 9ers. I think we'll win.

Nothing's changed if the Cowboys don't win.

It's a must win to break the streak of consecutive playoff losses in the 1st round.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#331 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 am

We won a playoff game in 2018.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#332 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:39 am

Micah Prescott wrote:We won a playoff game in 2018.

We lost to the Rams in 2018-19.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#333 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:40 am

But yeah, you're right, the Cowboys beat the Seahawks in the 1st round that season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#334 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:18 pm

By moving up to the number 3 seed keeps us away from going to Green Bay in the 2nd round if we are fortunate to win. I'd much rather go to Tampa Bay were weather should not be a factor and I truely believe we match up extremely well vs. the Bucs. Plus I like the revenge angle should we meet them again. Of course if the Egals upset the Rams (which could happen. Stafford has never won a playoff game) we could be home again for the 2nd round !
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#335 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:24 pm

Yes this is honestly the best playoff situation I think Dallas could be in outside of getting the BYE. No excuses for this team unless heavily struck down by covid.

We are pretty healthy right now and I am even much less concerned about losing Gallup because it looks like we might have an emerging star in Cedrick Wilson.

I think we match up really well against the 9ers, the Cardinals have a X-Factor in Kyler Murray that guy can really give defenses issues and this 9ers team seems much easier to plan for. Deebo is a stud got to focus on him.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,125

Post#336 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:16 pm

Outside of facing the Eagles this is definitely the best matchup for the Cowboys. Need to score early and often though to take their run game out of it. If they can’t Dallas is going to have a hard time stopping their rushing attack.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#337 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:51 pm

Force Jimmy G to pass by taking the lead early.

If the Cowboys can take the lead early in the game, that will force the Niners to pass more.

It's true the rushing attack of the Niners is hard to stop.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#338 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:28 pm

Spread is Dallas +3

We are slight favorites.

It will be very disappointing if we lose this one. We must win to view this season as even remotely successful. Really we need to win this and then beat Tampa.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#339 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 pm

As usual and once again Jerry just can't help himself. In an interview this morning, he stated that it is Super Bowl or bust for his Cowboys. God forbid we lose this weekend because that is code language for firing Mike McCarthy should it happen. Just what we need right? :banghead:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#340 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:As usual and once again Jerry just can't help himself. In an interview this morning, he stated that it is Super Bowl or bust for his Cowboys. God forbid we lose this weekend because that is code language for firing Mike McCarthy should it happen. Just what we need right? :banghead:

Well then… I guess we had better beat the Niners then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys