ImageImageImageImage

Week 2: Bengals at Cowboys

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,125

Week 2: Bengals at Cowboys 

Post#1 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:49 pm

Good opening drive to start the game. Defense looks solid. I thought that was a ticky tack call in Barr.
Mr B
RealGM

Re: Week 2: Bengals at Cowboys 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:50 pm

Halftime and I have to say the Cowboys actually look pretty good! Kellen Moore is calling a good game and making the game easy for Cooper Rush. Noah Brown playing like a #1 WR. Both RB’s look good and the defensive front 7 is swarming and attacking. Dorrance Armstrong has 2 sacks. The only thing the defense needs to do now is get some picks.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,168

Post#3 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:00 pm

So Cooper Rush is actually a very solid QB

Not sure what to do about that. We are locked in with Dak through at least next season. I wonder if we can get a high draft pick for Rush? Teams will overpay for QBs. Or let Dak walk after next season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#4 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:01 pm

Also our defense is showing up huge. Shuting down Chase and Burrow.

They did a great job vs Brady too
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:04 pm

Diggs is an amazing CB I don't care what anyone says.

Yeah he gave up a TD last week to Evans but honestly that fade was pretty much unguardable.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:56 am

Micah Prescott wrote:So Cooper Rush is actually a very solid QB

Not sure what to do about that. We are locked in with Dak through at least next season. I wonder if we can get a high draft pick for Rush? Teams will overpay for QBs. Or let Dak walk after next season.

I don’t know about that. Cooper did play well but I wouldn’t think he’s ready to replace Dak just yet. He got the Cowboys through 1 game hopefully he can do it a couple more times.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#7 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:48 am

Mr B wrote:

I don’t know about that. Cooper did play well but I wouldn’t think he’s ready to replace Dak just yet. He got the Cowboys through 1 game hopefully he can do it a couple more times.

When I posted that it was 1st half and he had a perfect passer rating. His 2nd half came back down to Earth.

We can't even trade him. We have him one year and Dak needs a backup so even if he kills it he'll just sign somewhere else next season.

Oh well, hope he does good while we have him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:36 am

One takeaway at this point is the O-Line has actually played pretty well considering where we thought this thing was going upon losing our starting LT & LG. Tip of the hat to Joe Philbin.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:37 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Diggs is an amazing CB I don't care what anyone says.

Yeah he gave up a TD last week to Evans but honestly that fade was pretty much unguardable.

That tackle he made to end the Bengals final drive was pretty damn salty.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:One takeaway at this point is the O-Line has actually played pretty well considering where we thought this thing was going upon losing our starting LT & LG. Tip of the hat to Joe Philbin.

I’d also say tip of the hat to Kellen Moore for calling a good game. He made the game easy for Rush, at least in the first half he did.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#11 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:06 pm

Dallas defense has 8 sacks which is #2 overall in the NFL.

Tampa Bay is #1. That's another thing, it's really early but Tampa Bay might be the best defense in the NFL. I think they are at least a top-5 defense.

Week one was super discouraging but we faced an elite defense that game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:21 pm

Let Elliott walk after this season and let Dak walk after next season. They both suck.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#13 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Sam Williams reminding us we drafted him.

I haven't looked into it but I don't think he has played many snaps at all so far. We have Lawrence on one side and Armstrong on the other right now. Need to find ways to work Sam in more.

Good to know we have depth at DE though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=BxaLstDurHupNZ5VtR1iJw

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=BxaLstDurHupNZ5VtR1iJw
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#15 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:59 pm

Parson's second year and he's already HOF legend status.

In fact now that TJ Watt is sidelined I think Parsons is probably the best defensive player in the entire NFL.

I'm really worried about his contract and if Dallas will be able to afford him. I'm starting to think we need to just lock him up NOW. The longer we wait the worse it will get, we saw that with Dak. We should have locked Dak up much sooner and his contract would have been much smaller.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#16 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:02 pm

Parsons is arguably the best player in the entire 2021 draft. The only other one I think that can be argued is Ja'Marr Chase who is clearly very special.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#17 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Tyler Smith allowed only 1 pressure against Cincy. He had an outstanding game.

I'd say that Tyron Smith is done in Dallas, and that Jason Peters will remain a backup all season.

I haven't looked into numbers at all but I would imagine that cutting Tyron Smith will free up a decent chunk of cap space. Need to use that to retain Parsons.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#18 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:12 pm

Actually now that I think about it they need to put Jason Peters at guard right next to Tyler Smith and get Farniok the f*** off the field he's been awful.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#19 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:53 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Parson's second year and he's already HOF legend status.

In fact now that TJ Watt is sidelined I think Parsons is probably the best defensive player in the entire NFL.

I'm really worried about his contract and if Dallas will be able to afford him. I'm starting to think we need to just lock him up NOW. The longer we wait the worse it will get, we saw that with Dak. We should have locked Dak up much sooner and his contract would have been much smaller.

Parsons isn’t going anywhere. They will likely pick up the 5th option during his 4th season and immediately start working on a contract extension. He’ll without a doubt be the highest paid defensive player in the league and the Jones’ will pay it. He’ll retire a Cowboy and end up in the HOF and Ring of Honor.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#20 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Parson's second year and he's already HOF legend status.

Parsons isn’t going anywhere. They will likely pick up the 5th option during his 4th season and immediately start working on a contract extension. He’ll without a doubt be the highest paid defensive player in the league and the Jones’ will pay it. He’ll retire a Cowboy and end up in the HOF and Ring of Honor.

That's what I'm saying if you wait that long his contract will just be astronomical. Also we risk him holding out because that's what agents make their players do these days. He demands "x" amount and the Cowboys offer "y" and it's a stalemate all while he missing camp and preseason.

But if we throw him a 7-year contract after this season? It will still be very high, but not absurd levels high, and we skip all that drama.

Return to Dallas Cowboys