Re: Week 3: Cowboys @ Giants 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:26 am

Cooper Rush 2-0, Prescott 0-1.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,123

Post#22 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:50 pm

Good game by the Cowboys. Rush had another very solid game. He just needs to continue doing what he’s doing. Don’t force anything and just take what the defense gives you. CeeDee Lamb dropped a sure TD pass that was perfectly thrown and hit him in stride. He made up for it though with that 4th down conversion and with the 1 handed TD. Both RB’s looked good. Tyler Smith had another good game. The rookie TE’s played well.

Even though Parsons has the flu he was blowing MF’s up! DLaw seems like he was serious when he said he wants to lead the team in sacks. Jerry looking pretty good by keeping Dorrance Armstrong after Gregory left for the Broncos (who apparently suck lol!). Does Randy Gregory even have 1 sack? Armstrong has 3.

The good news n top of that is that Gallup, McGovern, and Schultz should all be back for the Washington game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,343

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:40 pm

Will be interesting to see how things shape up when we are 100% healthy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:42 pm

Mr B wrote:Good game by the Cowboys. Rush had another very solid game. He just needs to continue doing what he’s doing. Don’t force anything and just take what the defense gives you. CeeDee Lamb dropped a sure TD pass that was perfectly thrown and hit him in stride. He made up for it though with that 4th down conversion and with the 1 handed TD. Both RB’s looked good. Tyler Smith had another good game. The rookie TE’s played well.

Even though Parsons has the flu he was blowing MF’s up! DLaw seems like he was serious when he said he wants to lead the team in sacks. Jerry looking pretty good by keeping Dorrance Armstrong after Gregory left for the Broncos (who apparently suck lol!). Does Randy Gregory even have 1 sack? Armstrong has 3.

The good news n top of that is that Gallup, McGovern, and Schultz should all be back for the Washington game.

How do you feel about Noah Brown? I like him. He shows a lot of promise and seems tough as nails. He should fit in nicely with Gallup and Lamb.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,162

Post#25 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:43 pm

Huge win. Good to see that DLaw isn't done. Glad that Lamb made up for that drop too, that really left a bad taste in my mouth, but what a TD catch he had.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:17 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Huge win. Good to see that DLaw isn't done. Glad that Lamb made up for that drop too, that really left a bad taste in my mouth, but what a TD catch he had.

Everyone but Jerry leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Why is that?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#27 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Huge win. Good to see that DLaw isn't done. Glad that Lamb made up for that drop too, that really left a bad taste in my mouth, but what a TD catch he had.

Everyone but Jerry leaves a bad taste in my mouth? WTF are you talking about? I think you're suffering some kind of Jerry Jones mental disorder :lol:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#28 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Big shout out to my boy Jerry Jones for that Tyler Smith pick. :lol: Making bluejerseyjinx eat crow.

Tyron is not missed, and when he returns this season he is going to have to move over to the right side.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#29 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:41 pm

Read on Twitter

This is who Tyler Smith shut out week 2.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Good game by the Cowboys. Rush had another very solid game. He just needs to continue doing what he’s doing. Don’t force anything and just take what the defense gives you. CeeDee Lamb dropped a sure TD pass that was perfectly thrown and hit him in stride. He made up for it though with that 4th down conversion and with the 1 handed TD. Both RB’s looked good. Tyler Smith had another good game. The rookie TE’s played well.

How do you feel about Noah Brown? I like him. He shows a lot of promise and seems tough as nails. He should fit in nicely with Gallup and Lamb.

I started liking Noah Brown last year. He never got much of an opportunity but whenever the ball was thrown his way he caught it. Not a flashy player but very solid. I agree he’ll be an excellent #3 option once Gallup is back.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:12 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Big shout out to my boy Jerry Jones for that Tyler Smith pick. :lol: Making bluejerseyjinx eat crow.

Tyron is not missed, and when he returns this season he is going to have to move over to the right side.

No reason at all to move Tyler Smith to Guard or RT. He’s playing really well at LT and needs all the reps he can get there if they expect him to be the LT of the future. Tyron at RT would be interesting. Depends on how well Steele is playing though. My guess is that when Tyron comes back he will primarily be used as the swing tackle. At least that’s what he should be used at.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#32 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:47 pm

One of the most refreshing things about Tyler is that it is obvious that his head is in the right place and that he is a student of the game. He had virtually no reps at LT in the preseason and was able to make that adjustment on the fly. You simply can not do that if you are not dedicated mentally.

The other thing I love is his size. At 6'6" 332lbs he is just an enormous man. He is 30lbs bigger than Tyron Smith.

I think Dallas nailed that pick.

The other one I am curious about is Sam Williams, but we can't grade him simply because he isn't getting many reps. The guy is an edge rusher and with Parsons, Lawrence, Armstrong there simply are not opportunities for Williams to show us what he has. I suppose we could label that pick a failure so far just based on the fact that this team doesn't really need him right now. He does give us depth I suppose.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:57 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Everyone but Jerry leaves a bad taste in my mouth? WTF are you talking about? I think you're suffering some kind of Jerry Jones mental disorder :lol:

Your the one suffering from a disorder the past 26 years. Your blind as a bat when it comes to that baffoon. I believe they call that being idealistic. They won last night in spite of Jerry, not because of him. :crazy:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:04 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Really. You want to take it down this road? A healthy all pro like Tyron is not missed. Cedric Wilson and Amari Cooper aren't missed. Andy Frederick is not missed. I could go on and on here. A real coach and a real GM aren't missed? Really. How about a top notch stable front office and culture. Those two things are not missed? No crow to eat here. By the end of the season or before, you'll have so much egg on your face we'll have to scrape it off with a shovel.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#35 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Really. You want to take it down this road? A healthy all pro like Tyron is not missed. Cedric Wilson and Amari Cooper aren't missed. Andy Frederick is not missed. I could go on and on here. A real coach and a real GM aren't missed? Really. How about a top notch stable front office and culture. Those two things are not missed? No crow to eat here. By the end of the season or before, you'll have so much egg on your face we'll have to scrape it off with a shovel.

So because I said Tyron isn't missed that means I said all those other players you listed aren't missed? :lol:

That's not even a strawman argument, that's like a strawmonster :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:05 pm

At first I didn't understand it. However after two years I understand why Steven A. Smith hates Cowboy fans and calls them the most annoying in all the NFL. I finally get it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:31 pm

Here’s a thought, by the end of this season there’s a very good chance that the OL could look like this.

LT: Tyler Smith
LG: Jason Peters
C: Tyler Biadasz
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Tyron Smith

That’s 3 future HOF’s on the OL.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#38 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:40 pm

Mr B wrote:Here’s a thought, by the end of this season there’s a very good chance that the OL could look like this.

4 future HOF's :wink:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:53 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Here’s a thought, by the end of this season there’s a very good chance that the OL could look like this.

4 future HOF's :wink:

If Tyler Smith continues playing the way he is you might be right.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:46 pm

I feel the biggest reason why Smith is doing so well and better than expected is because he has Jason Peters currently beside him at LG.

Return to Dallas Cowboys