ImageImageImageImage

Week 10 - Minnesota Vikings.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Re: Week 10 - Minnesota Vikings. 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:25 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Prescott was 22/25 275 yards 139 passer rating.

That's near perfect.

He had some amazing passes today. That pass to CeeDee on the sideline was perfect.

Lets see if he can do it 3 or 4 games in a row instead of only once every 5 games. :meditate:
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,168

Post#42 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

That's near perfect.

He had some amazing passes today. That pass to CeeDee on the sideline was perfect.

Lets see if he can do it 3 or 4 games in a row instead of only once every 5 games. :meditate:

That's what he did last season, 3rd highest passer rating behind only Rodgers and Burrow. 37 passing TDs (same as Mahomes) and only 10 INTs (Mahomes had 13). Dallas had the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and Dak was on fire.

Dak can play at an elite level and keep it going, it just needs to keep going in the playoffs. And like I said, we need to get lucky with the matchup, if we face the Eagles in round one they will give Dak fits, because they give every QB fits. Those CBs don't let anyone pass on them.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

That's near perfect.

That's what he did last season, 3rd highest passer rating behind only Rodgers and Burrow. 37 passing TDs (same as Mahomes) and only 10 INTs (Mahomes had 13). Dallas had the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and Dak was on fire.

Dak can play at an elite level and keep it going, it just needs to keep going in the playoffs. And like I said, we need to get lucky with the matchup, if we face the Eagles in round one they will give Dak fits, because they give every QB fits. Those CBs don't let anyone pass on them.

Dak can play at an elite level vs. middle of the road teams and the scrubs where he got most of his stats and numbers. The elite level of play goes away vs. really good teams and playoff teams as already put into evidence. Once again, 7 years later, your still making excuses for him and sugar coating your argument.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,125

Week 10 - Minnesota Vikings. 

Post#44 » by Mr B » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:54 pm

Dak HAS to prove he can be elite in the playoffs. That’s what it boils down to. He can be elite all regular season but if he doesn’t play that way in the playoffs it doesn’t mean squat. He might as well be Tony Romo and f that’s all he does. Fun to watch but not a champion. That’s how his legacy will be determined, what he does in the playoffs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:02 am

Mr B wrote:Dak HAS to prove he can be elite in the playoffs. That’s what it boils down to. He can be elite all regular season but if he doesn’t play that way in the playoffs it doesn’t mean squat. He might as well be Tony Romo and f that’s all he does. Fun to watch but not a champion. That’s how his legacy will be determined, what he does in the playoffs.

Thank you. I can always count on you most of the time to help prove a point. :nod: :clap: :thumbsup:
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#46 » by GTR11 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:54 am

Mr B wrote:Dak HAS to prove he can be elite in the playoffs. That’s what it boils down to. He can be elite all regular season but if he doesn’t play that way in the playoffs it doesn’t mean squat. He might as well be Tony Romo and f that’s all he does. Fun to watch but not a champion. That’s how his legacy will be determined, what he does in the playoffs.

In Tony's defense, he had no O. Line to speak of after first couple years. Jurruh ruined him to the point he was running out there for his life.

Well, this year is the year to make a run. There is not one NFC team that is legit. As long as our cryptonite Aaron is out the picture we can win it all.

9's brittle Jimmy int G and McHurtfry ain't scaring anyone.
SeaChicken is a team I'd love to expose.
Minny, they know what it is.
Philthy, not worried about them. Just need to figure out how to keep Dallas in check, he's balling right now.
G.String definition of pretenders.
Brady washed up.

This is the year we finally can exercise Jimmy curse and win a chip. I'm a believer :nod:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#47 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:22 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Lets see if he can do it 3 or 4 games in a row instead of only once every 5 games. :meditate:

Dak can play at an elite level vs. middle of the road teams and the scrubs where he got most of his stats and numbers. The elite level of play goes away vs. really good teams and playoff teams as already put into evidence. Once again, 7 years later, your still making excuses for him and sugar coating your argument.

He literally just played elite vs an 8-1 team.

We get it, you hate Dak
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#48 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:26 am

Tony Romo was a great QB. Sure legacy is built on championships but that in no way says anything about one single player. Fact, Tony Romo and Dak Prescott are better QBs than Nick Foles.

Even Aikman says Romo was better than him.

The people who grade QBs with rings are low-IQ

Teams win rings, and Dak could easily win one in the right team. Just like Hurts could. Just like Stafford. Just like Foles.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:27 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:That's what he did last season, 3rd highest passer rating behind only Rodgers and Burrow. 37 passing TDs (same as Mahomes) and only 10 INTs (Mahomes had 13). Dallas had the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and Dak was on fire.

He literally just played elite vs an 8-1 team.

We get it, you hate Dak

You just still don't get it no matter how much we chat, no matter how much we talk and no matter how much we argue. I know you are much younger than Me, Otis and Mr. b. and you can throw all all the numbers and analytics you want to support your case but the most important number you constantly leave out [b]is wins[/b]. That is more than anything the most important fact and number you keep out. Nothing is more important to the old guard than wins, wins and more wins. Especially against the top teams and especially in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Some day you will get it but I doubt it. You'll follow Jerry and whatever he tells you like the uneducated follow Trump. Dak finally get a big win vs. a winning team on the backs of the defense, running game and O-line and you act like he had everything to do with the win last week when he actually had very little to do with it outside of handing the ball off to Pollard. Where was this play vs. the Egals,Tampa bay and the Packers last week? How did Dak do against the Chiefs, Raiders, Denver and Tampa bay last year? How has Dak done in his last two playoff games? Cut the **** with the regular season sugar coating. it doesn't matter to us. We have higher standards and expectations than you. With us, its Super Bowl/NFC Championship game or bust. Its always been like that since the 70's which I'm sure you don't understand.
You are right on one front however. Despite being a loyal Cowboy fan now for 53 years and counting, I do hate Dak with a passion. I also hate tony Homo with a passion as well. They are both losers and chokers. Dak is thin skinned, crumbles under pressure and is dumber than a door nail. This team will only go as far as the defense and running game will take them. From here on end, if the defense doesn't play light out the rest of the way and the running game doesn't click and struggles and everything is put in Dak's hands for the win, its over for us.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:30 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Tony Romo was a great QB. Sure legacy is built on championships but that in no way says anything about one single player. Fact, Tony Romo and Dak Prescott are better QBs than Nick Foles.

Teams win rings, and Dak could easily win one in the right team. Just like Hurts could. Just like Stafford. Just like Foles.

Romo sucked and I would never even give him a mop job. He was probably the biggest choking clown we ever had. Christ, even Craig Morton (who I also hate)and Danny white could get us to a Super bowl and Championship game. Why do I have the feeling your a Republican. :crazy: :crazy:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#51 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:32 pm

Danny White having any success at all just illustrates my point because he was not a very good QB, he just played on a better team.

In Detroit there were a million Stafford haters that said all of the same things you are saying about Dak and Romo. In fact Stafford was the poster boy for "inconsistent"

"Stafford will never win a ring"
"Stafford isn't the man"
"He's just not a winner"
etc

If Stafford going to a different TEAM and winning a ring doesn't open your eyes to the fact that winning in the NFL isn't all about the QB then nothing will. You will die hard-headed.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#52 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:23 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Tony Romo was a great QB. Sure legacy is built on championships but that in no way says anything about one single player. Fact, Tony Romo and Dak Prescott are better QBs than Nick Foles.

I have said it for a few years and will continue to until proven different…

The Cowboys can win a Super Bowl with Dak Prescott as their QB.

I’m with you on this one, Bro.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#53 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:55 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:

I have said it for a few years and will continue to until proven different…

The Cowboys can win a Super Bowl with Dak Prescott as their QB.

I’m with you on this one, Bro.

With the right defense and run game you can win with almost any QB.

Peyton Manning win a ring while throwing 9TDs and 17INTs on the season. And a passer rating of 67.9 which was the lowest in the NFL. He was arguably the worst QB in the league that year, and they won a ring. They won because the rest of the team was elite.

Dak is absolutely good enough to win *with the right supporting cast. Fans always have, and always will, place too much emphasis on the QB.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#54 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:17 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Peyton Manning win a ring while throwing 9TDs and 17INTs on the season. And a passer rating of 67.9 which was the lowest in the NFL. He was arguably the worst QB in the league that year, and they won a ring. They won because the rest of the team was elite.

Dak is absolutely good enough to win *with the right supporting cast. Fans always have, and always will, place too much emphasis on the QB.

And it’s not like Dak is terrible because that’s not even remotely true.

Is he Top 5? No.

Is he Top 10? In this league, you can make an solid argument that he is.

Does he have his moments when you scream at the TV? Yep.

Is he the kind of leader you want your QB to be? Hell yes he is!

Barring something crazy, he’ll get the chance to prove himself again this January. I’ll take my chances with him. Because I’m not naive enough to think that Cooper Rush is a better alternative and I like this team’s chances against anyone if the Defense plays as they did last Sunday and the Offensive line continues to be as good as they have been for most of the season and the coaches continue to maintain the proper balance in their play calling.

This team is damn good. No one “scares” me in the NFC right now. Let’s enjoy the ride and see where it leads.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:27 am

No one gives a crap about Nick Foles. When talking about QB’s and their legacy with the Cowboys it’s all about measuring up to Roger and Troy. Romo was fun to watch and has really good numbers but he will always be well behind Troy and Roger when it comes to Cowboys lore. Dak is trying to establish himself on the same side as Troy and Roger but he has to earn it. He still has time, he has weapons, he has an elite defense, he has pretty much everything he needs to win a championship. We just need to see him do it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:34 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Peyton Manning win a ring while throwing 9TDs and 17INTs on the season. And a passer rating of 67.9 which was the lowest in the NFL. He was arguably the worst QB in the league that year, and they won a ring. They won because the rest of the team was elite.

And it’s not like Dak is terrible because that’s not even remotely true.

Is he Top 5? No.

Is he Top 10? In this league, you can make an solid argument that he is.

Does he have his moments when you scream at the TV? Yep.

Is he the kind of leader you want your QB to be? Hell yes he is!

Barring something crazy, he’ll get the chance to prove himself again this January. I’ll take my chances with him. Because I’m not naive enough to think that Cooper Rush is a better alternative and I like this team’s chances against anyone if the Defense plays as they did last Sunday and the Offensive line continues to be as good as they have been for most of the season and the coaches continue to maintain the proper balance in their play calling.

This team is damn good. No one “scares” me in the NFC right now. Let’s enjoy the ride and see where it leads.

I’d say Dak is somewhere between 8-12 when it’s comes to QB ranking. I also think he is good enough to win a title. We just need to see him do it though.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#57 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:33 am

Mr B wrote:

No one gives a crap about Nick Foles. When talking about QB’s and their legacy with the Cowboys it’s all about measuring up to Roger and Troy. Romo was fun to watch and has really good numbers but he will always be well behind Troy and Roger when it comes to Cowboys lore. Dak is trying to establish himself on the same side as Troy and Roger but he has to earn it. He still has time, he has weapons, he has an elite defense, he has pretty much everything he needs to win a championship. We just need to see him do it.

"Lore" is great and all but most knowledgeable fans have a clear understanding that Romo was MUCH more skilled than Troy. Even Troy understands that. The numbers are in different stratospheres and their eras aren't THAT far apart.

Team sport and while Romo did have a few good rosters during his time the team as a whole could never put it together.

I don't think Romo ever had a defense like this current defense though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

"Lore" is great and all but most knowledgeable fans have a clear understanding that Romo was MUCH more skilled than Troy. Even Troy understands that. The numbers are in different stratospheres and their eras aren't THAT far apart.

Team sport and while Romo did have a few good rosters during his time the team as a whole could never put it together.

People always try to give Romo excuses like “he didn’t have a great OL”, or “he didn’t have a great defense”, or he didn’t have elite weapons around him”. All are BS. Romo had several of his OL make the pro bowl during his tenure and at one point (I believe 2014) had all 5 of his OL make the pro bowl. He also had an elite level defense with guys like Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Brady James, just to name a few. Not to mention played under two of the greatest defensive minds in NFL history in Parcels and Phillips. And as far as weapons he had a HOF TE (in his prime) in Witten, TO was putting up consistent 1,500 yard 10 TD seasons, a great 1-2 punch at RB (Jones/Barber) before they got Murray.

Romo had plenty of chances. Was he more “skilled” sure that doesn’t make him better. Romo had more skill than Tom Brady but no way in hell would I ever take Romo over Brady. If my team was going into the playoffs and I had a choice between Romo or Troy Aikman, it’s not even close. You have the guy that will get you stats for 1 playoff game. I’ll take the guy that sacrifices his stats to make the team better and actually win a title.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#59 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:No one gives a crap about Nick Foles. When talking about QB’s and their legacy with the Cowboys it’s all about measuring up to Roger and Troy. Romo was fun to watch and has really good numbers but he will always be well behind Troy and Roger when it comes to Cowboys lore. Dak is trying to establish himself on the same side as Troy and Roger but he has to earn it. He still has time, he has weapons, he has an elite defense, he has pretty much everything he needs to win a championship. We just need to see him do it.

People always try to give Romo excuses like “he didn’t have a great OL”, or “he didn’t have a great defense”, or he didn’t have elite weapons around him”. All are BS. Romo had several of his OL make the pro bowl during his tenure and at one point (I believe 2014) had all 5 of his OL make the pro bowl. He also had an elite level defense with guys like Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Brady James, just to name a few. Not to mention played under two of the greatest defensive minds in NFL history in Parcels and Phillips. And as far as weapons he had a HOF TE (in his prime) in Witten, TO was putting up consistent 1,500 yard 10 TD seasons, a great 1-2 punch at RB (Jones/Barber) before they got Murray.

Romo had plenty of chances. Was he more “skilled” sure that doesn’t make him better. Romo had more skill than Tom Brady but no way in hell would I ever take Romo over Brady. If my team was going into the playoffs and I had a choice between Romo or Troy Aikman, it’s not even close. You have the guy that will get you stats for 1 playoff game. I’ll take the guy that sacrifices his stats to make the team better and actually win a title.

Sorry Romo had some good rosters but he did not have what Aikman had. Aikman had arguably the greatest oline ever made. He had one of the greatest RBs ever, a HOF WR, and a superior defense on top of that. There are a lot of QBs that could have won rings on that roster.

Troy Aikman
165 TDs, 141 INTs, 61.5comp%, 81.6 rating

Tony Romo
248 TDs, 117 INTs, 65.3comp%, 97.1 rating

So this is where you tell me they were in different eras so numbers don't matter, the problem is they were only separated by 4 years and Troy's numbers were not even that great in his own era anyway. Troy was a "good" QB that won because he was on an elite roster. Romo was a better and more skilled QB that did have some talented rosters they just were not "God level" rosters like Troy had.

This is something that Troy himself agrees with. If you asked him who is better between him and Romo he will tell you Romo, and it isn't because he is being humble, it is because Romo was better and he knows it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:18 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:"Lore" is great and all but most knowledgeable fans have a clear understanding that Romo was MUCH more skilled than Troy. Even Troy understands that. The numbers are in different stratospheres and their eras aren't THAT far apart.

Sorry Romo had some good rosters but he did not have what Aikman had. Aikman had arguably the greatest oline ever made. He had one of the greatest RBs ever, a HOF WR, and a superior defense on top of that. There are a lot of QBs that could have won rings on that roster.

Troy Aikman
165 TDs, 141 INTs, 61.5comp%, 81.6 rating

Tony Romo
248 TDs, 117 INTs, 65.3comp%, 97.1 rating

So this is where you tell me they were in different eras so numbers don't matter, the problem is they were only separated by 4 years and Troy's numbers were not even that great in his own era anyway. Troy was a "good" QB that won because he was on an elite roster. Romo was a better and more skilled QB that did have some talented rosters they just were not "God level" rosters like Troy had.

This is something that Troy himself agrees with. If you asked him who is better between him and Romo he will tell you Romo, and it isn't because he is being humble, it is because Romo was better and he knows it.

TO and Jason Witten will both be HOF’s. No doubt that the OL of the 90’s was great but don’t forget they only had 1 HOF on that line (Larry Allen), although Nate Newton should be in too in my opinion. Romo also played with two HOF OL (Tyron Smith/Martin) and one that was on a HOF trajectory before he got sick (Fredrick).

Not sure how young you are so you might now remember Troy when he was coming out of UCLA but he was billed as the next John Elway. He was big and athletic and had a cannon for an arm. If he had ended up on a team like the Raiders he would have put up huge numbers. The Dallas offense didn’t need him to do that though. The coaches (and Troy) knew that the best way to win was to consistently run the ball. Troy had every right and had the authority to check out of run plays because he liked a WR matchup. He stuck with the run though because again, he knew that was the best chance for them to win. That’s where Romo wasn’t as good. He was a gunslinger and loved to pass and put up great numbers. I think he liked being a superstar QB for the Cowboys more than he desired winning. Even though running the ball was more conducive to winning he preferred to throw the ball.

Now there is one HUGE advantage that Troy and Roger had that Romo didn’t have in his prime was elite coaching. Parcells left after Romo’s first few games as a starter. Phillips was a great defensive mind but was limited on the offensive end and then was replaced by Garrett. Garrett encouraged the gunslinger mentality. When Romo would check out of run plays in order to pass Garrett was ok with that.

Return to Dallas Cowboys