ImageImageImageImage

** Divisional Round - Cowboys vs. 49ers **

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,341

** Divisional Round - Cowboys vs. 49ers ** 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:55 pm

Well here we are for only the 7th time in 26 years. 0-6 going into this game. The divisional round. One of the last two hurdles we haven't been able to jump over since the 1995 season. Till we do we will never be considered elite amongst the rest of the NFL. Jerry, McCarthy, the team and also the fans are expecting a win this week and finally getting over this hump. Those were the expectations going into the season, lets see if they can all live up to it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: ** Divisional Round - Cowboys vs. 49ers ** 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:09 pm

While Micah is still worried about Dak haters, I'm more interested and trying to vision a path in how we beat the 49ers this weekend if our [u][b]defense doesn't play lights out and Dak doesn't play a clean game.[/b][/u] If Dak doesn't play a clean game and has his usual 2 int's and a fumble, its hard to vision we come out on top.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:14 pm

By the way, I've noticed that nobody mentioned how great Vander Esch played last week and how much better our defense is when he is healthy and playing. He played great against both the run and especially in the passing game. Looked like his old self and fresh.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:53 pm

Curious to see if Dumb Dak will achieve something Romo never did. Win in the divisional round. Good and great QB's can become elite this time of year by putting 3 outstanding games in a row together.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 566

Post#5 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:21 pm

Cowboys dont have to change what they did v Tampa.Use Micah the same way.Run the ball,and have Dak run more on RPO,s
Use 2 TE sets,or 3.Run Pollard more than Zeke.Keep an eye on Maher.Have mic problems before Jerry talks lol,and thats it.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:By the way, I've noticed that nobody mentioned how great Vander Esch played last week and how much better our defense is when he is healthy and playing. He played great against both the run and especially in the passing game. Looked like his old self and fresh.

I didnt expect that good or as active a game as he had.His neck will be tested this game.They still gotta keep an eye on him,and sub him often enough.Cant afford to lose that guy now.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,161

Post#7 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:38 pm

linery88 wrote:Cowboys dont have to change what they did v Tampa.Use Micah the same way.Run the ball,and have Dak run more on RPO,s
Use 2 TE sets,or 3.Run Pollard more than Zeke.Keep an eye on Maher.Have mic problems before Jerry talks lol,and thats it.

They are going to have to come up with a different offensive scheme. I mentioned this is the Tampa Bay thread but they were missing Shaq Barrett which is their star edge rusher. That basically allowed Dak to stand in the pocket all day untouched. I mean don't get me wrong our o-line played well, but Tampa had no skilled players to pressure Dak.

San Fran has Nick Bosa who is just as good of a sack artist as Parsons. Dak isn't going to have the time that he had vs Tampa, not even close.

Obviously our offense isn't going to be able to do what it did against Tampa Bay as the 49ers have the best defense in the NFL. So field goals will be worth more which is scary given the Maher situation and there will be more pressure on our defense to keep them from scoring which is also scary given that McCaffery seems unstoppable.

When you look at this game on paper, they should crush us. Hope that we can shock everyone here and pull it out, but we are going to need things to go our way.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:48 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:Cowboys dont have to change what they did v Tampa.Use Micah the same way.Run the ball,and have Dak run more on RPO,s

They are going to have to come up with a different offensive scheme. I mentioned this is the Tampa Bay thread but they were missing Shaq Barrett which is their star edge rusher. That basically allowed Dak to stand in the pocket all day untouched. I mean don't get me wrong our o-line played well, but Tampa had no skilled players to pressure Dak.

San Fran has Nick Bosa who is just as good of a sack artist as Parsons. Dak isn't going to have the time that he had vs Tampa, not even close.

Obviously our offense isn't going to be able to do what it did against Tampa Bay as the 49ers have the best defense in the NFL. So field goals will be worth more which is scary given the Maher situation and there will be more pressure on our defense to keep them from scoring which is also scary given that McCaffery seems unstoppable.

When you look at this game on paper, they should crush us. Hope that we can shock everyone here and pull it out, but we are going to need things to go our way.

Running plays directly at Bosa is,and has always been the most effective way to deal with monsters like him.Running screens at him where he is blocked,or far away from him,can also use his own speed,and aggressiveness against him.Make him run all over the place,and wear him out.We may see some trickery on our offense.We cannot run plays just to avoid him or we are done.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#9 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:45 pm

linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Running plays directly at Bosa is,and has always been the most effective way to deal with monsters like him.Running screens at him where he is blocked,or far away from him,can also use his own speed,and aggressiveness against him.Make him run all over the place,and wear him out.We may see some trickery on our offense.We cannot run plays just to avoid him or we are done.

Yes I think a heavy dose of screens should be in the playbook.

We have to get Lamb involved too. If they think we'll have great success giving Noah Brown 100 targets they are wrong, that never works out well. Lamb deep across the middle.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#10 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Colin is BJJ

The double standard with Dak is absurd though. Lawrence throws 4 INTs in the first half and then gets nothing but praise when they win. If Dak had done that it would have been a case of Dallas winning in spite of him, "Dak sucks", put in Cooper Rush, etc.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by linery88 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:00 pm

Run...Run... Run... the ball to keep Deebo ,and McCaffrey out of the game as much as possible.
Pressure Purdy,and stop their run,and we will be in this game in the late going.Purdy might be ripe for a pick or 2.He can also run,so we need to spy him.Their depth is gonna be tough to overcome.Cant miss any FG,s ,cant take penalties on offence.
Have an amazing game Jones,McCarthy,Dak,Schultz,Pollard,Gallup,Lamb,Hilton,Zeke,D-Fense,and Maher...
Fantasy score...31-30 Dallas...Maher game winning FG to end regulation for his first Fg of the game. :rockon: :rofl2: :lift:
Actual score Dallas 27 SF 24
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,120

Post#12 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:By the way, I've noticed that nobody mentioned how great Vander Esch played last week and how much better our defense is when he is healthy and playing. He played great against both the run and especially in the passing game. Looked like his old self and fresh.

LVE has had a great season and showed how much he’s needed when he was out. It’s crazy how most everyone was ready to write him off after last season and now he’s one of the most important players on the defense. I bet the Cowboys wish they had picked up his 5th year option now.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Curious to see if Dumb Dak will achieve something Romo never did. Win in the divisional round. Good and great QB's can become elite this time of year by putting 3 outstanding games in a row together.

Stars are made in the regular season but Legends are made in the playoffs.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:56 pm

I would say they need to run the ball right at Bosa and negate his speed.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:03 pm

Mr B wrote:

That would be a very nice thing if the O-line dominated the line of scrimmage and we ran the ball down the Whiner's throats. That way we wouldn't have to worry about Dak turning the ball all over the place.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:37 pm

Mr B wrote:

The 49ers are not a better team than us. That doesn't mean we will win but when you go back and really look at the 49ers resume, its not that impressive. Only played 3 teams all year with a winning record and padded their stats against 9 scrub teams. Cowboys can win this game if they show up and play. To me the Whiners are over rated.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,494

Post#17 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:30 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The 49ers are not a better team than us. That doesn't mean we will win but when you go back and really look at the 49ers resume, its not that impressive. Only played 3 teams all year with a winning record and padded their stats against 9 scrub teams. Cowboys can win this game if they show up and play. To me the Whiners are over rated.

I hate to say this, but they're the real deal. They don't have a real weakness other than an inexperienced rookie QB. Who hasn't played like one.

If the Cowboys want to win this game, they have to make Purdy uncomfortable. Parsons has to have a huge game. The defense is going to have to play lights out. While Dak & the offense can't have turnovers.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:32 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I would say they need to run the ball right at Bosa and negate his speed.

I hate to say this, but they're the real deal. They don't have a real weakness other than an inexperienced rookie QB. Who hasn't played like one.

If the Cowboys want to win this game, they have to make Purdy uncomfortable. Parsons has to have a huge game. The defense is going to have to play lights out. While Dak & the offense can't have turnovers.

Whiners have an extremely weak resume. Played on 3 teams all year with winning records and got smokes by the Chiefs in one of them. Also had losses vs. Falcons, Bears and Broncos. Compiled wins vs, Commanders, Raiders, Panthers, Saints, Bucs, 2 vs. Seattle, 2 vs, Cardinals and 2 vs. Rams. 11 of their wins were from scrubs. Cowboy are more battle tested. It is going to show up today. Not impressed with the Whiners.
If Cowboys play lights out on defense and dumb Dak can have a clean game and we run the ball well, Cowboys should win by at least 10 points. Not scared of the Whiners at all.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#19 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:08 pm

Just quietly hoping the Cowboys don’t s**t the bed tonight…

And - win or lose - I don’t think they will. I’m confident they will give a damn good accounting for themselves.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#20 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:33 pm

When you look at this game on paper Dallas should get crushed. I hope the underdogs can pull it off but they are superior in every aspect except the QB position where their rookie is still getting it done.

Dallas will need turnovers. A defensive TD. Diggs pick-6. Something like that.

Return to Dallas Cowboys