2023 Free Agency.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,472

Re: 2023 Free Agency. 

Post#61 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:37 pm

Mr B wrote:From from I’m seeing the deal he signed in Seattle is not what he was asking from Dallas. He gave the Seahawks a discount. He wouldn’t have signed for that same deal with the Cowboys.

I think he just wanted to come back. Still has a home here. So unless another team was going to offer him a large deal, he was coming back.

He's from L.A. So that's why he signed with the Rams. But he saw the writing on the wall with that team. That roster being purged.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#62 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:His age might actually be a reason to sign him to a good deal too. I don’t know if they will actually make him an offer but just the thought of having him and LVE patrolling the middle of the defense puts a smile on my face.

You can never have enough LB's. My other gripe besides always bitching about getting a nasty, top notch, running stuffing DT.

Apparently the Cowboys have had an offer in the table for Hankins but he doesn’t want to sign with a team yet. I think he doesn’t want to go through a full training camp.

I still want them to sign Wagner but it might also make sense to just hold on to the $16M in cap space until teams make their cuts in training camp. Someone is going to get cut that could help this team.

I know some may disagree with me however, even though we re-signed LVE, we lost Luke Gifford and Anthony Barr won't be back. We know how LVE can be injury prone at times so I always worry about LB depth. Even if I get my way draft night and we get Mazi Smith, I would still love to draft another LB in a later round. Problem is LB is not deep this year, and to be honest not very good. Are there any decent LB's still available in FA now that Wagner is gone?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,045

Post#63 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You can never have enough LB's. My other gripe besides always bitching about getting a nasty, top notch, running stuffing DT.

Apparently the Cowboys have had an offer in the table for Hankins but he doesn’t want to sign with a team yet. I think he doesn’t want to go through a full training camp.

I still want them to sign Wagner but it might also make sense to just hold on to the $16M in cap space until teams make their cuts in training camp. Someone is going to get cut that could help this team.

I know some may disagree with me however, even though we re-signed LVE, we lost Luke Gifford and Anthony Barr won't be back. We know how LVE can be injury prone at times to I always worry about LB depth. Even if I get my way draft night and we get Mazi Smith, I would still love to draft another LB in a later round. Problem is LB is not deep this year, and to be honest not very good. Are there any decent LB's still available in FA now that Wagner is gone?

LB is definitely still a need for this team. Besides LVE the other two top LB’s on the team are Damone Clark and Jabril Cox. So LB should definitely be on their radar.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#64 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Problem is LB is not deep this year, and to be honest not very good. Are there any decent LB's still available in FA now that Wagner is gone?

Wait, I thought you had no interest in Wagner? :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#65 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:17 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Problem is LB is not deep this year, and to be honest not very good. Are there any decent LB's still available in FA now that Wagner is gone?

I didn't. But Mr. B did. Wagner is getting long in the tooth and it was obvious he wanted to go back home to Seattle. Good place for him, they have good China food and golf carts.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#66 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I didn't. But Mr. B did. Wagner is getting long in the tooth and it was obvious he wanted to go back home to Seattle. Good place for him, they have good China food and golf carts.

Golf carts aren't really a thing here. You like Sushi? Coffee?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#67 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Not yet but there will be once teams make their cuts. Also not sure if you all heard but there will be only 1 cut day from now on. They won’t have to trim the roster leading up to the final cuts. There will just be 1 cut day.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#68 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Wait, I thought you had no interest in Wagner? :wink:

I remember not too long ago a RB riding across the field in a golf cart. :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#69 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I didn't. But Mr. B did. Wagner is getting long in the tooth and it was obvious he wanted to go back home to Seattle. Good place for him, they have good China food and golf carts.

No golf carts here. They do things differently down in Oakland/Berkeley.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#70 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Golf carts aren't really a thing here. You like Sushi? Coffee?

:lol: :lol: :lol: You posted and also sent me a PM a few years ago when Lynch was racing the golf cart across the field. You don't remember that? :rofl:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#71 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I remember not too long ago a RB riding across the field in a golf cart. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You posted and also sent me a PM a few years ago when Lynch was racing the golf cart across the field. You don't remember that? :rofl:

It wasn't here.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#72 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:No golf carts here. They do things differently down in Oakland/Berkeley.

It wasn't here.

That's not the one. He had his uniform on. It was back during your glory years.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#73 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:That's not the one. He had his uniform on.

Yeah, he was still in college at Cal.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#74 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That's not the one. He had his uniform on.

Yeah, he was still in college at Cal.

It doesn't matter. I was just messing with you anyway. :bowdown:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#75 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 3, 2023 12:14 am

I wouldn’t be upset with this signing either if they can make it happen. Strengthen the OL and hopefully strengthen the DL in the draft. Wilkinson looks like a really good run blocker. Signing him also eliminates the NEED to draft an OL. It again allows them to draft best player available.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#76 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 3, 2023 12:31 am

Mr B wrote:I wouldn’t be upset with this signing either if they can make it happen. Strengthen the OL and hopefully strengthen the DL in the draft. Wilkinson looks like a really good run blocker. Signing him also eliminates the NEED to draft an OL. It again allows them to draft best player available.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Or Mazi Smith, :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#77 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 6, 2023 2:37 pm

Anybody have an updated version of FA's still available? just wondering if there are any decent FA's out there that might be of value to us. I see once again the Cowboys seem allergic to drafting QB's once again this year. I know it was a bad draft class but come on, we can only go so far with Dak.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#78 » by Mr B » Sat May 6, 2023 8:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Anybody have an updated version of FA's still available? just wondering if there are any decent FA's out there that might be of value to us. I see once again the Cowboys seem allergic to drafting QB's once again this year. I know it was a bad draft class but come on, we can only go so far with Dak.

K Robbie Gould should already be signed. Not sure why they haven’t brought him in yet. You can go to Sportrac .com they have a free agent tracker that will tell you who’s available.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#79 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon May 8, 2023 5:17 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Anybody have an updated version of FA's still available? just wondering if there are any decent FA's out there that might be of value to us. I see once again the Cowboys seem allergic to drafting QB's once again this year. I know it was a bad draft class but come on, we can only go so far with Dak.

K Robbie Gould should already be signed. Not sure why they haven’t brought him in yet. You can go to Sportrac .com they have a free agent tracker that will tell you who’s available.

I agree about Robbie Gould. He's solid for the most part which is all we really need. Nothing in the draft and nothing in free agency when it comes to QB's. Now that we have a championship defense we have no plan or back up when Dak craps the bed again next year. The most important position in the NFL and we haven't addressed it. We will look unbelievably stupid if we lose in the divisional again. We know Dan Quinn is our next head coach but we still have no idea who are next QB will be.

Return to Dallas Cowboys