ImageImageImageImage

Training Camp

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,341

Re: Training Camp 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 7, 2023 10:59 pm

Mr B wrote:Too many tweets to post but it appears Mazi Smith is dominating in camp. National reporters are comparing him to a rookie Ndamukong Suh.

If this current defensive unit stays healthy, I think we are on our way to being "Doomsday III" in Big-D. :party:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,116

Post#42 » by Mr B » Mon Aug 7, 2023 11:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Too many tweets to post but it appears Mazi Smith is dominating in camp. National reporters are comparing him to a rookie Ndamukong Suh.

If this current defensive unit stays healthy, I think we are on our way to being "Doomsday III" in Big-D. :party:

In your opinion will the defense be enough to overcome Dak’s deficiencies? Can they win a ring with this defense in spite of Dak?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 7, 2023 11:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

In your opinion will the defense be enough to overcome Dak’s deficiencies? Can they win a ring with this defense in spite of Dak?

With the developments over the past 2 weeks I'm having second thoughts. You know my biggest concerns are first both Dak and McCarthy. I don't like this Zack Martin situation at all. I'm getting anxiety over our kicking situation. Jerry has started to run his mouth and told the NFL be on your best game because the Cowboys will. I'm still waiting 27 years for them to play their best in a meaningful playoff game. What makes Jerry think we won't have 8-12 penalties a game anymore. We haven't seen any improvement in that area the past 2 years. And don't get me Started with Dak. Told you all 3 years ago he is not the guy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 7, 2023 11:28 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I don't know. Dak lead the league in INT's last year in only 12 games. The year before he lead the league in fumbles and this year they are telling us the Cowboys will and want to run the ball more. Pick your poison I guess. If Dak plays bad and continues to lose games on his own early in the season, I believe the defense will turn on Dak and the season could turn out to be a disaster despite the rich talent we have all over the place.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,161

Post#45 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Aug 7, 2023 11:41 pm

Dallas has a killer defense, the only thing that gives me pause is that Philly and SF both also have killer defenses.

Philly really killed it in the draft and just signed Myles Jack.

I think those will be the top 3 defenses in the NFL. Dallas, SF, Philly.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 8, 2023 12:20 am

I have the Jets as a top 3 defense going into this season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,493

Post#47 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 8, 2023 1:25 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Dallas has a killer defense, the only thing that gives me pause is that Philly and SF both also have killer defenses.

Myles Jack is not the same player because of injuries. Myles is from the Seattle area & we actually went to the same high school.

I've got the Niners & Cowboys as the two best teams in the NFC.

I agree with Bjj. The Jets will have a better D than the Eagles.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#48 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 8, 2023 2:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dallas has a killer defense, the only thing that gives me pause is that Philly and SF both also have killer defenses.

Myles Jack is not the same player because of injuries. Myles is from the Seattle area & we actually went to the same high school.

I've got the Niners & Cowboys as the two best teams in the NFC.

I agree with Bjj. The Jets will have a better D than the Eagles.

I agree, I’m not concerned with Myles Jack. The Cowboys don’t play the Eagles until Nov 5 (my birthday). I will be surprised if Myles Jack is having any impact on the team, if he’s still on the team. Does he play Special Teams? As the last LB on the depth chart he’s going to have to play ST. If he can’t do that the Eagles would be better off playing one of their young guys instead of 27 year old Myles Jack.

Also I’ve been saying since the Jets got A-a-ron that they are a SB contender. I think they will give the Chiefs their biggest challenge. The Jwts have a very good team and a very good defense specifically. Sauce might be the best CB in the NFL already. I think the Chiefs are still the better team but the Jets look legit.

The Eagles do still have a very good team and I expect it will be a dog fight between them and the Cowboys this season. Other than them San Fran I agree will be the biggest threat.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#49 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Aug 8, 2023 2:08 am

For defense I got
1. San Fran
2. Dallas
3. Philly
4. Buffalo
5. NYJ

Washington and Baltimore also in the mix.

But who knows how it will really shake out. Injuries happen, Philly's draft could bust, rookies are always a question.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#50 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 8, 2023 3:50 pm

Here is the first Cowboys depth chart. Currently it appears that Malik Davis and Rico Dowdle are RB2 and RB3.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#51 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Aug 8, 2023 4:50 pm

How about Mazi Smith being listed as a #3 behind Osa and Hankins...And Shoon being the #3 TE

Also I am not sure I like the idea of Tyler at G, but Dak's blind side will be clear I guess.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#52 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Aug 8, 2023 4:53 pm

I think TE is our biggest ?

Feels like a big pile of nobodies to me. I really hope Shoon busts out as a surprise. We need that to happen, our offense has always been heavy with TE passing.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 8, 2023 9:02 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:How about Mazi Smith being listed as a #3 behind Osa and Hankins...And Shoon being the #3 TE

Also I am not sure I like the idea of Tyler at G, but Dak's blind side will be clear I guess.

Mazi will eventually get the starting job. Based on what he’s shown so far I have zero worries about him.

Biadasz actually left practice today because of some kind of injury. Not sure if it is serious or not.

As for the TE’s, again from what I’ve been hearing the TE’s look really good. Ferguson is the clear favorite to start but all of the other TE’s are looking good. Schoonmaker had an injury early which has slowed down his progress but I also expect he will end up as the backup at least for this season. He just needs time to catch up after coming back from the injury.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:53 pm

I know Head Coach and QB are the biggest ?????????
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#55 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I know Head Coach and QB are the biggest ?????????

Dak and McCarthy are just in question to you now? What caused this huge upgrade?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#56 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:38 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Dak and McCarthy are just in question to you now? What caused this huge upgrade?

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

No upgrade or downgrade. Their numbers, stats, record vs. winning teams, record and performances in the playoffs, their lack of discipline and even knowing the rules in some cases, not showing up when the lights are the brightest and when everything on the line, telling us all this bullchit for 8 years its his fault, I got to get better but never does, etc., etc., etc,. Were still waiting for dumbazz to get his act together. He got his money and still hasn't delivered a damn thing. Now he is being selfish, sticking his nose where it doesn't belong like some kind of entitled, spoiled brat and now demanding the owner to pay out money that he sees fit like he is some kind of expert in that area. Dak can't even get his own house and play in order after 8 years so I have absolutely no problem with Diggs and all the boys on defense telling him to shut his trap. Especially since he already has 11 int's in training camp so far.
And McCarthy, come on. You expect discipline from a guy that always looks like he just crawled out of bed. Christ, McCarthy can't even take a shower and shave half the time. Every time I see him on t.v. he looks like he just got back from a week long S & M party. And he obviously doesn't even have a high opinion of himself. I mean look at him. He has 2 apple pies under each chin, has a 46" waist line and a butt that crosses 2 time zones.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#58 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:37 pm

Dak is going into the exact same age/season for Peyton when he won his first ring.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#59 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:10 pm

So in the quarter & a half that I expect to watch Saturday night...

[*] Josh Ball - is he any good yet?
[*] RB's - I'd like to see Dowdle & Davis both be productive. Of course, that is predicated on the O-Line (and - is Josh Bell any good yet?)
[*] Deuce
[*] Kicker - Do we have one?
[*] Defense in general - how aggressive will they be?

I don't see myself watching much at all after halftime.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#60 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:16 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Image

Dak is going into the exact same age/season for Peyton when he won his first ring.

So now your trying to compare Dak to Manning. That's like comparing apples to oranges. :lol: :rofl: :falloff: First of all Manning has a brain to begin with. Second of all he had to go through a GOAT QB and GOAT coach throughout his whole career in a much more difficult division and conference without a good defense except one year. And its not like Manning didn't win his share of playoff games. Granted he lost to Brady a few times in the AFC Championship game, but at least he got there a number of times and had no problem getting by the divisional rounds.
I'll be you any amount of money right now that your boy Dak doesn't deliver a Super Bowl in his last 2 years of his contract. Just because you have slip covers on all your bedroom furniture, a poster on the wall of dumb Dak that you materbate to every night, doesn't mean the rest of Cowboy nation does. You are so much in love with this guy you can't even see how much he is killing this team with his lack of talent, lack of brain, his contract and how far he is setting this franchise back. Hopefully very, very, very soon Parsons will step up and become the voice, face and over all leader of this team. Dak has the leadership of a hyena in heat. Dak and McCarthy have so much pressure on them and continue to add pressure to themselves needlessly that I can see both of them getting fired at the end of the year. I feel so bad for Dan Quinn and Will McClay. All the great work they have done the past few years and they have to depend on Dak to get them all to the promised land we haven't seen in 27 years and counting.

Return to Dallas Cowboys