Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Re: Around the NFL 

Post#81 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You also have to factor in the dead money.

If they cut Michael Gallup, they would only save $800K towards the cap.

Looks like Jerry and Stephen have us in salary cap hell again. I guess they didn't learn their lessons 10 years ago. Too many contracts where they keep kicking the can down the road.

Their cap situation isn't as bad as some teams (Saints, Bills).

But they backloaded Dak's deal. So, now they kind of have to pay the price for doing that.

Its bad enough to prevent Jerry for going "all in" like he says he is going to do.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#82 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 am

The opponents schedule has come out. Cowboys have Baltimore, Cincinnati, Texans, Lions, Saints and Tampa Bay coming to town. On the road they play 49ers, Falcons, Steelers, Browns and Panthers.
Only winnable games I see are the Saints and Panthers and I think that's being nice.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#83 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The opponents schedule has come out. Cowboys have Baltimore, Cincinnati, Texans, Lions, Saints and Tampa Bay coming to town. On the road they play 49ers, Falcons, Steelers, Browns and Panthers.
Only winnable games I see are the Saints and Panthers and I think that's being nice.

I’m telling you get ready for 8-9 wins max this season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:45 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The opponents schedule has come out. Cowboys have Baltimore, Cincinnati, Texans, Lions, Saints and Tampa Bay coming to town. On the road they play 49ers, Falcons, Steelers, Browns and Panthers.

I'm ready for a worse record than that. Never mind the Dak situation, Jerry bringing McCarthy back threw me over the edge.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#85 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I'm ready for a worse record than that. Never mind the Dak situation, Jerry bringing McCarthy back threw me over the edge.

If they suck that bad don’t be shocked if what I said yesterday comes true. Dak walks, MM fired and Cowboys have a horrible season but get a top 5 pick.

Jerry always being the businessman and looking for the biggest splash hires Deion Sanders as his HC and then drafts his son Shedeur Sanders to be the new QB for the Cowboys.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:49 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’m telling you get ready for 8-9 wins max this season.

If they suck that bad don’t be shocked if what I said yesterday comes true. Dak walks, MM fired and Cowboys have a horrible season but get a top 5 pick.

Jerry always being the businessman and looking for the biggest splash hires Deion Sanders as his HC and then drafts his son Shedeur Sanders to be the new QB for the Cowboys.

I won't be shocked. Actually praying for it to happen tbo.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#87 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:33 pm

Texans showing the Cowboys and the NFL what going all in looks like.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#88 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Texans showing the Cowboys and the NFL what going all in looks like.

Taking advantage of having a QB on a rookie deal. They're not the first and won't be the last to do it.

That's the argument for not paying a QB big money. Unless you have someone at that spot who completely tilts the field.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#89 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:51 pm

C.D. Lamb says he will sit out and hold out if he doesn't get his record breaking contract. Many reports saying Parsons is not happy with the Cowboys and his situation. Sounds like to me he may want out. Can't blame him actually when looking at things from all angles.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#90 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:52 pm

Zack Wilson to the Broncos.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#91 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Zack Wilson to the Broncos.

They should make Zack Wilson wear the same number Russell Wilson wore so at least the Broncos fans can keep their jerseys.

Return to Dallas Cowboys