Around the NFL

Moderator: Texas Chuck

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Re: Around the NFL 

Post#61 » by linery88 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:03 pm

Vrabel could go to Atl,N.O. or Vegas.
2 very stupid firings..Tennessee,and Seattle.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#62 » by linery88 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:12 pm

To me ,it smells like something else,something bigger may be going on with the timing of all these coaching changes,or maybe its just best for the league that these things happen quickly,but if McCarthy loses even by a point,he may be fired right away so that Belichik,or Carroll could come in,and replace him.Both those coaches would love to coach an already SB contending team right away,especially with what we already have on both sides of the ball.Plus the rumors that Quinn is most likely gone regardless of the result would cover Jerry-imo.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#63 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:43 pm

linery88 wrote:Vrabel could go to Atl,N.O. or Vegas.

If the Steelers do move on from Tomlin I could see Vrabel going there to be the HC. Vrabel just seems like a Northeast guy, that’s where he should be coaching.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Post#64 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:19 pm

Mr B wrote:

If the Steelers do move on from Tomlin I could see Vrabel going there to be the HC. Vrabel just seems like a Northeast guy, that’s where he should be coaching.

I'm hearing talk Tomlin possibly going to the Commanders. Tomlin is from Virginia I guess. Might want to keep an eye on that.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#65 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I'm hearing talk Tomlin possibly going to the Commanders. Tomlin is from Virginia I guess. Might want to keep an eye on that.

Commies are also wanting to interview Harbaugh.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#66 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:40 pm

linery88 wrote:2 very stupid firings..Tennessee,and Seattle.

Caroll has been holding this team back. He should've been fired a couple of years ago. Ownership finally saw the writing on the wall.

Pete's a culture builder. Always has been. But he's a dinosaur when it comes to scheme and X's & O's. Kyle Shanahan & McVay ran circles around him for years. He was consistently outcoached as he's aged. Part of the problem is that he's been far too loyal to his assistants. As he would often promote from within. He had his kids working for him on the staff.

He needed to go.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#67 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:04 pm

Looks like Seattle is interested in Vrabel now. Looks like we are stuck with McCarthy and Dak moving forward. Might as well bring Quinn back as well and run it again. I mean after last Sunday, who the hell wants Quinn now. Jerry will most likely give him a raise to.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#68 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like Seattle is interested in Vrabel now. Looks like we are stuck with McCarthy and Dak moving forward. Might as well bring Quinn back as well and run it again. I mean after last Sunday, who the hell wants Quinn now. Jerry will most likely give him a raise to.

It doesn't make ton of sense to hire a guy who can't compete with Shanahan. Especially when he's in our division. For that reason alone, Quinn would be a dumb choice.

The hot rumor at the moment is Vrabel. He apparently has a relationship with the gm. But it's also difficult to make a prediction because they're bringing everyone in for an interview it seems like.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like Seattle is interested in Vrabel now. Looks like we are stuck with McCarthy and Dak moving forward. Might as well bring Quinn back as well and run it again. I mean after last Sunday, who the hell wants Quinn now. Jerry will most likely give him a raise to.

It doesn't make ton of sense to hire a guy who can't compete with Shanahan. Especially when he's in our division. For that reason alone, Quinn would be a dumb choice.

The hot rumor at the moment is Vrabel. He apparently has a relationship with the gm. But it's also difficult to make a prediction because they're bringing everyone in for an interview it seems like.

I read that they canceled their interview with Quinn, is that true?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#70 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I haven't heard that. But I hope it's true. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#71 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:00 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Might as well bring him back also. What the hell. We are already doomed for next season anyway. I'm still so numb from everything that took place last week I can hardly form a thought on where to go next with our team. I'm pretty much speechless. I don't even know what to say or post anymore regarding all things Cowboys.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#72 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:53 pm

Free agency starts Monday !! Is there anyone out there we should be targeting? :thinking: :dontknow: :gossip:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#73 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Free agency starts Monday !! Is there anyone out there we should be targeting? :thinking: :dontknow: :gossip:

Don’t get your hopes up. The Cowboys are not going to sign any top tier free agents. I believe they will go into the draft before signing any free agents. They will use free agency to fill any holes they don’t fill in the draft. So as usual they will only sign vet min level players in free agency.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#74 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:38 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Free agency starts Monday !! Is there anyone out there we should be targeting? :thinking: :dontknow: :gossip:

Don’t get your hopes up. The Cowboys are not going to sign any top tier free agents. I believe they will go into the draft before signing any free agents. They will use free agency to fill any holes they don’t fill in the draft. So as usual they will only sign vet min level players in free agency.

There is nothing they could do to get my hopes up this upcoming season. Just trying to start a conversation of what we should do verses what Jerry will do. Cowboys picked up Parson's 5th year option and it presently appears Jerry is going to let Dak play out his contract so we don't have a whole lot of money to throw around. To me with the way things stand at the moment, it looks like roster trimming and going with cheaper draft choices is the path they are currently seeking. All I want and would like to see them do is draft O-lineman and LB's. Not sure what the Cowboys should do at RB.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#75 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:44 pm

Overthecap has the Cowboys currently with $1.8M in cap space.

I think it's safe to say that they'll be sitting out the first wave of free agency.

If they extend Dak, that would lower his cap number & create more cap space. But don't expect a ton of big-name signings.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#76 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:11 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I think it's safe to say that they'll be sitting out the first wave of free agency.

If they extend Dak, that would lower his cap number & create more cap space. But don't expect a ton of big-name signings.

Taking a quick glance, I can see at least about 21 mill I would like to cut.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#77 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

You also have to factor in the dead money.

If they cut Michael Gallup, they would only save $800K towards the cap.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#78 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Overthecap has the Cowboys currently with $1.8M in cap space.

Looks like Jerry and Stephen have us in salary cap hell again. I guess they didn't learn their lessons 10 years ago. Too many contracts where they keep kicking the can down the road.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#79 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Taking a quick glance, I can see at least about 21 mill I would like to cut.

Looks like Jerry and Stephen have us in salary cap hell again. I guess they didn't learn their lessons 10 years ago. Too many contracts where they keep kicking the can down the road.

Their cap situation isn't as bad as some teams (Saints, Bills).

But they backloaded Dak's deal. So, now they kind of have to pay the price for doing that.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#80 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You also have to factor in the dead money.

Their cap situation isn't as bad as some teams (Saints, Bills).

But they backloaded Dak's deal. So, now they kind of have to pay the price for doing that.

Or they have to give Dak a new contract and then backload that.

I bet this is a huge debate between Jerry and Stephen. Jerry probably wants to go all in now before he dies, which requires a Dak contract. And Stephen has to inherit the aftermath, so I bet he just wants to play Dak's contract out.

Return to Dallas Cowboys