ImageImageImageImage

Cowboy Regular season Prediction.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Where do we have our Cowboys finishing this year?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:09 pm

1) Win division.
100%
2) Make playoffs as a wild card.
No votes
3) Miss playoffs.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Cowboy Regular season Prediction. 

Post#61 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:52 am

How are we going to afford both Parsons and CeeDee? Both are going to want monster contracts.

We have a real cap situation brewing.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#62 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:35 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:How are we going to afford both Parsons and CeeDee? Both are going to want monster contracts.

We have a real cap situation brewing.

Easy. We’re gonna redo Dak’s deal.

runs away giggling…
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:26 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:For me the #1 WR all time for the Cowboys would be Michael Irvin. I didn’t see Drew play so I can’t say him unfortunately. Owens and then Dez would be next on my list. Maybe one day CeeDee will be there but not yet.

Appears you all never saw Bob Hayes or any highlight film of him. Drew Pearson has the best hands and was the best route runner out of all of them.

Bob Hayes, definitely cannot forget him. Was Drew a better route runner than Mike Irvin?

Both of them were great. Drew was perhaps a bit better of a route runner, but Michael was stronger and a bit more physical. Hard for me to separate the two. Another WR not mentioned that should be is Tony Hill. Always a huge fan of his. There was another WR that I also liked a lot and made some clutch, big catches in big moments. He did the California quake after a T.D. Otis knows who I am talking about but the rest of you might not.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#64 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=JL4-Hz3X0RSjHORDJ0RyvQ&s=19

On a scale of 1-10, how furious does this tweet make you BJJ?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#65 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=0Jw8AWraUQo59-S3yiv3xg&s=19

Bland is PFFs #2 CB

Man, if Diggs were healthy that would be head and shoulders the best secondary in the NFL considering Gillmore would be the nickle.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#66 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Furious. Not at all. 0.I fully expected for you find something that makes your boy look better than he really is during the week. It's your thing and MO. Dallas put up another 40 points in a game so now the new age Cowboy fans are back to talking Super bowl again. Me, I'm just going to enjoy the wins and journey this year with this team without being too totally emotionally invested with a QB and coach that pads monster stats verses teams like the Giants (2), Patriots, Rams, Chargers and Jets. All 6 wins vs. teams with losing records. Please, lets not go over board here. Like me and Mr. B have been trying to tell you for over 2 years now, moving forward, all that matters with the tons of talent we currently have on this team now, is what will be his numbers when it matters most in the biggest moments. Its a bit premature to be sticking Dak's chest out so far based on the first half of the season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#67 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Furious. Not at all. 0.I fully expected for you find something that makes your boy look better than he really is during the week. It's your thing and MO. Dallas put up another 40 points in a game so now the new age Cowboy fans are back to talking Super bowl again. Me, I'm just going to enjoy the wins and journey this year with this team without being too totally emotionally invested with a QB and coach that pads monster stats verses teams like the Giants (2), Patriots, Rams, Chargers and Jets. All 6 wins vs. teams with losing records. Please, lets not go over board here. Like me and Mr. B have been trying to tell you for over 2 years now, moving forward, all that matters with the tons of talent we currently have on this team now, is what will be his numbers when it matters most in the biggest moments. Its a bit premature to be sticking Dak's chest out so far based on the first half of the season.

I didn't say anything at all, PFF did. But just as I suspected you are very upset right now, just furious and livid. 11/10.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#68 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:12 pm

On a serious note...have you all noticed Dak escaping the pocket under pressure? PFF sees it.

He also is willing to take a sack now, which is 10X better than forcing the INT.

There is improvement here. Especially since the BYE. Adjustments were made.

I still don't think we are a better overall *TEAM* than SF, but I do think we would give them a much better fight than we did earlier. We had a failed offensive scheme pre-BYE week. The defense was garbage that game also and would benefit a ton from film room of that game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#69 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

I didn't say anything at all, PFF did. But just as I suspected you are very upset right now, just furious and livid. 11/10.

After 3 years you still don't know me at all and you live in such a bubble you don't understand or comprehend anything another poster says or has said in previous posts. But I'll bite on this one. Please tell me what I am upset, furious and livid about. I have no idea. I've been in a great mood for over 2 weeks now. Please inform the whole crew in here how I am feeling about things in your own mind. This should be good.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#70 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:40 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:On a serious note...have you all noticed Dak escaping the pocket under pressure? PFF sees it.

He also is willing to take a sack now, which is 10X better than forcing the INT.

I still don't think we are a better overall *TEAM* than SF, but I do think we would give them a much better fight than we did earlier. We had a failed offensive scheme pre-BYE week. The defense was garbage that game also and would benefit a ton from film room of that game.

All against the worst teams in the league. When will we see improvement going against the very best teams? Its been 8 years. Dak keeps telling us he needs to improve and get better when he loses all those games. Any idea when that will happen now that he makes around $50 mill per year now? And how do you fix stupid? Dak gets stupid in the biggest of games.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#71 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:31 pm

You are showing right now how you are only capable of judgement through the lens of wins and losses.

The offense as a whole has shown huge improvement since the BYE and that is INCLUDING our loss to Philly.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#72 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:10 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:On a serious note...have you all noticed Dak escaping the pocket under pressure? PFF sees it.

Dak mentioned running more too I believe right after the Giants game. He said there were a few times in earlier games where he had chances to run and instead looked for the pass. Said he would be looking to run more now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:30 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:You are showing right now how you are only capable of judgement through the lens of wins and losses.

The offense as a whole has shown huge improvement since the BYE and that is INCLUDING our loss to Philly.

First of all I would have thought you would just be happy after a Cowboys win like the rest of us. This is just you trying to create drama when and where there is none. You already know where myself and a few others stand when it comes to your boy and this team. You have been told and it has been posted many times. Your boy and McCarthy will be judged depending their ability to get this team past the divisional round and to the Championship game and Super bowl. I'm not the only poster that has told you that. I'm just as happy as every other poster in here that the Cowboys won last week. Nevertheless, I'm not going to get too excited the Cowboys have scored 92 points in their last two home games against the Rams and Giants. And on top of that, all your previous post will look silly should they lose any of the next 3 games. So cool your jets a little. Remember Arizona? McCarthy has a way of not having his team ready to play every week. How bad would it look if the Cowboys decided not to show up in Carolina tomorrow?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#74 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:06 pm

TBH I don't even feel like any of the remaining games hold much importance. I'm pretty much resigned to Dallas being a Wild Card team.

If Philly loses a couple then I suppose the Philly game could hold some weight.

I don't feel like Dallas has a big home field advantage though. I seriously feel like we are better on the road, or it's like a wash, depending on the team.

In the mean time I'll enjoy stats. Dallas isn't the only team in the NFL that had to play bad teams. Every team does. So if some of our players are having statistically great seasons it still holds weight imo.

Return to Dallas Cowboys