ImageImageImageImage

Cowboy Regular season Prediction.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Where do we have our Cowboys finishing this year?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:09 pm

1) Win division.
100%
2) Make playoffs as a wild card.
No votes
3) Miss playoffs.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Cowboy Regular season Prediction. 

Post#21 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:13 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:And no you're not "right" about Dak lol

Just like you weren't right about Romo...Both "could" win something in the right situation.

Hell put either in that SF scheme.

That's what we really need...someone who can scheme properly. Take a Purdy and make them look like an MVP.

Could have, would have, SHOULD have. The fact is neither Romo or Dak will win crap.

Fact: they are both "good" QBs. Romo won't obviously but Dak still could, maybe not in Dallas. His career isn't over any time soon. The idea that it's impossible to win with him is asinine and if we are in a constant search for the next Mahomes, we will never win crap. At some point you just have to go with what you got.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#22 » by Mr B » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:35 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:And no you're not "right" about Dak lol

Just like you weren't right about Romo...Both "could" win something in the right situation.

Hell put either in that SF scheme.

That's what we really need...someone who can scheme properly. Take a Purdy and make them look like an MVP.

Could have, would have, SHOULD have. The fact is neither Romo or Dak will win crap.

Fact: they are both "good" QBs. Romo won't obviously but Dak still could, maybe not in Dallas. His career isn't over any time soon. The idea that it's impossible to win with him is asinine and if we are in a constant search for the next Mahomes, we will never win crap. At some point you just have to go with what you got.

Obviously there is still a chance however you, I, and everyone else here are not exactly blind when it comes to this team. They are what they are until they show us something different. Don’t get me wrong I’m a homer and would LOVE for this team to win another SB, I just don’t see it happening with Dak. I gave Romo a chance too but at a certain point he was what he was. I think we’ve reach the same point with Dak. They will both go down in the same breath as Danny White. Good, just not good enough.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#23 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:11 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Could have, would have, SHOULD have. The fact is neither Romo or Dak will win crap.

Obviously there is still a chance however you, I, and everyone else here are not exactly blind when it comes to this team. They are what they are until they show us something different. Don’t get me wrong I’m a homer and would LOVE for this team to win another SB, I just don’t see it happening with Dak. I gave Romo a chance too but at a certain point he was what he was. I think we’ve reach the same point with Dak. They will both go down in the same breath as Danny White. Good, just not good enough.

I think it's unlikely we win with Dak also... but I'll put it like this:

Odds to win a SB
Dak: 1%
Trey Lance 0.001%
Someone else: 0%

Honestly this teams issues are way deeper than Dak Prescott. If you can't see that you're just using him as a scapegoat.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:48 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Fact: they are both "good" QBs. Romo won't obviously but Dak still could, maybe not in Dallas. His career isn't over any time soon. The idea that it's impossible to win with him is asinine and if we are in a constant search for the next Mahomes, we will never win crap. At some point you just have to go with what you got.

I think it's unlikely we win with Dak also... but I'll put it like this:

Odds to win a SB
Dak: 1%
Trey Lance 0.001%
Someone else: 0%

Honestly this teams issues are way deeper than Dak Prescott. If you can't see that you're just using him as a scapegoat.

The problem is Jerry, always has been and always will be. If not him then his son. If not Stephen then probably Charlotte or Jerry Jr. Then maybe one of the grandsons. That will ALWAYS be the main issue. That’s never going to change so we have to look at things that might/could change.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#25 » by linery88 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:50 am

Offense looks predicatble,and is easy to play defense against it.
Play action would help the entire offense.Has to be seen in this next game,and some motion.They look like they are standing still.
Make it as safe,and conservative as they can for Dak,and then use play action for a few deep passes.Dall24 SD23
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The sooner, the better.

With each big game that Dak **** the bed he’s proving you right.

Just another example last night. No turnovers which is a good thing obviously, but the same bad throws, decisions and reads continue to plummet in big moments and games and not taking advantage of opportunities when they arise. After 8 years you would think eventually the odds would play out and Prescott would at least get lucky or come through just once in these moments and things would start to even out. But not in Dak's case. He just can't get it done. Not even once.
Cowboys have the ball on the 5 or 6 yard line. What follows. Penalty and then a sack for 11 yard loss. You can't under no circumstances take a sack there. Dumbass already took 3 earlier sacks and after 8 years still doesn't get the concept of throwing the ball away to live another down. Plus it would have stopped the clock. But what does Dak do after that, instead of spiking the ball he throws a deep corner pass in the end zone instead, leaving only 5 seconds on the clock for only one more play instead of two. Sorry, I can't blame McCarthy and the coaches for this clock management disaster. This one was all on Dak. He was instructed to spike the ball.
Between the turnover on downs and dumbazz stepping out of bounds on a two point conversion, we left 8 points off the board. Philly was 3 for 3 in the red zone. Cowboys were 3 for 5. That was the ball game in a nut shell. When the big moment arrives in a big game verses a top opponent, Dak and the Cowboys once again come up short.
With this loss the road to the super bowl is winning 3 playoff games on the road. Anyone on board?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#27 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:14 pm

No talk about Terrence Steele being a turnstile…

No talk about the defense giving up 14 points in the 3rd quarter with the Eagles holding on to the ball for almost 12 minutes…

No talk about how the QB play kept this team in the game up to the end…

Nope.

Just the same old clown show…

Continuing onward...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:25 pm

Yep. Just the same ole clown show. Bottom line Dak can't win a big game. Record speaks for itself. 1st and goal from the 5 yard line and doesn't deliver. Instead, goes backwards. $50 mill for that ****, you can have it.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#29 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:01 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:No talk about Terrence Steele being a turnstile…

No talk about the defense giving up 14 points in the 3rd quarter with the Eagles holding on to the ball for almost 12 minutes…

Nope.

Continuing onward...

There are fans who are capable of looking past the QB position, and there are fans who aren't.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#30 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:04 pm

Honestly though from what I've seen the media and most others are acknowledging the Dak was great yesterday.

Read on Twitter
?t=d9RR5oIbtk73HdMaWGLQjA&s=19
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#31 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=oS0CJ-3Mv9B3OMMQqDMXAA&s=19
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:28 pm

What championship moments? :rofl: Can't win big games or get by the divisional round but would play well in championship moments. :ouch: :falloff: I've been too hard on Craig Morton over the decades.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:41 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Nope.

Continuing onward...

There are fans who are capable of looking past the QB position, and there are fans who aren't.

And then there are the Cowboy fans that can't see what has been in their face for years when it comes to QB, coach and owner and all that wonderful culture that comes with it. The talent isn't the issue this time.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mr B » Mon Nov 6, 2023 8:07 pm

Nope.

Continuing onward...

They can’t establish the run. The Cowboys are quickly be coming a one dimensional team. How much of that is on the OL and how much of that is on the RB’s
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Nov 6, 2023 9:48 pm

Mr B wrote:

Nope.

Continuing onward...

They can’t establish the run. The Cowboys are quickly be coming a one dimensional team. How much of that is on the OL and how much of that is on the RB’s

Probably a little of both. Biadasz is at best average and as we’ve already noted, Steele is as well. Can’t expect Tyler Smith & Zach Martin to do it all and we both know this is probably Tyron’s last swim here. I’ve been saying for a couple of years that this line is a little overrated. And… maybe so is Pollard.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:34 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Nope.

Continuing onward...

Probably a little of both. Biadasz is at best average and as we’ve already noted, Steele is as well. Can’t expect Tyler Smith & Zach Martin to do it all and we both know this is probably Tyron’s last swim here. I’ve been saying for a couple of years that this line is a little overrated. And… maybe so is Pollard.

Biadasz seems to have taken a step back. He looked good last year but the middle of that line has been pretty bad this year. Same goes for Steele.

Pollard to me just looks like he’s out of his element. He’s a backup, change of pace back. He usually has the benefit of having the defense already worn down by the time he gets in the game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:02 pm

Mr B wrote:Biadasz seems to have taken a step back. He looked good last year but the middle of that line has been pretty bad this year. Same goes for Steele.

Pollard to me just looks like he’s out of his element. He’s a backup, change of pace back. He usually has the benefit of having the defense already worn down by the time he gets in the game.

I’m like a lot of us… I’d like to see more of Dowdle. Based on McCarthy’s reaction yesterday to that question, I don’t think we’re going to get our wish.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:56 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Biadasz seems to have taken a step back. He looked good last year but the middle of that line has been pretty bad this year. Same goes for Steele.

I’m like a lot of us… I’d like to see more of Dowdle. Based on McCarthy’s reaction yesterday to that question, I don’t think we’re going to get our wish.

Yea I don’t understand why they don’t use Dowdle more. Not to mention Hunter Luepke. Pollard is clearly not a bruiser.

Also why the hell did they sign Cook if they’re not going to use him. All off season we heard about how he’s the fastest guy on the team and how he was helping all the WR’s with their routes and how he was going to take the top off the defense. Yet all we ever see him run is slants, drag routes, and comebacks.

McCarthy is a major reason this team is where it is.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#39 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 7, 2023 7:09 pm

I also think the root of most of our struggles lie within the scheme and coaching. You can see that McCarthy made a clear change though after the BYE week. The offense now runs through Dak-Lamb whereas before they tried to establish the team as run-first but it just didn't work. Not only is the line worse but Pollard is no where near what he was pre-injury. He used to be an elite playmaker and now he insta-falls once a defender is even close.

Dak to Lamb is the only thing that works in this offense and it's super hard to defend because we move Lamb all over the place. But we could use another dimension for sure.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 7, 2023 9:03 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I also think the root of most of our struggles lie within the scheme and coaching. You can see that McCarthy made a clear change though after the BYE week. The offense now runs through Dak-Lamb whereas before they tried to establish the team as run-first but it just didn't work. Not only is the line worse but Pollard is no where near what he was pre-injury. He used to be an elite playmaker and now he insta-falls once a defender is even close.

Dak to Lamb is the only thing that works in this offense and it's super hard to defend because we move Lamb all over the place. But we could use another dimension for sure.

MM is still killing us with his lack of game management skills and his inability to recognize situational football.

Return to Dallas Cowboys