ImageImageImageImage

Game#3 vs. Arizona Cardinals.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,046

Re: Game#3 vs. Arizona Cardinals. 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:36 pm

So are we all in agreement that the Cowboys are done and will be lucky to win 1 more game all season right?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#42 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:37 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I know the sky is falling. But Arizona is a lot better than people think. They've actually looked really good despite only winning the one game so far. They're honestly a team I'm not looking forward to facing here.

If they can consistently pound the rock like that and play respectable defense then they’ll be a tough out for any team.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,472

Post#43 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:46 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I know the sky is falling. But Arizona is a lot better than people think. They've actually looked really good despite only winning the one game so far. They're honestly a team I'm not looking forward to facing here.

If they can consistently pound the rock like that and play respectable defense then they’ll be a tough out for any team.

Yeah, with our defense, I'm legit worried.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:36 pm

This happens 2-3 times every year the past 4 years. A under maned team with a back up QB kicks our ass. Parsons' and the boys spent all week feeling their oats and talking Super Bowl instead of respecting their opponent and preparing for them.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:41 pm

Mr B wrote:So are we all in agreement that the Cowboys are done and will be lucky to win 1 more game all season right?

I expect us to lose most games that the defense and special teams don't play lights out. Was Sunday just a bad game or bad sign? To me it was a bad sign for many reasons. Nothing has changed with the 3 pieces at the top I have been bitching about the past 3 years. The culture is not that of a championship team or organization.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,157

Post#46 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:22 pm

My take on Arizona is that their secondary was extraordinary. Was very rare to see a receiver without a DB glued right on him.

Hard to judge their running game imo. I don't feel like Conner is all that special though.

Dobbs is also hard to evaluate but he didn't make any mistakes and is probably much better than most assume.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,157

Post#47 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:25 pm

I still don't understand why Tyler wasn't moved to LT in the absence of Tyron Smith.

Also I'm not feeling that great about D. Bland. He got picked on.

A healthy Tyron and Diggs might have win the game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Mr B wrote:Ok with all that said were there any positives? Do you guys see anything that you liked? Personally I like how they are using Hunter Luepke more. He has good size and has some wheels in him. I’d like to see him get a few more touches though. Also I like that he’s wearing #40.

Sorry to get back so late on this one. Had to watch the game again to try and find something. Positive #1 is our kicker. Appears that is no longer an issue and am pleasantly content with Aubrey. Positive #2, Rico Dowdle. He may be small but the kid runs really hard and I love his desire. That is all I could find in the positive department this week.
However part of me is trying to convince myself that this was just a bad game. And it was. But we have seen this movie play out before over the years. usually 4-5 times a year, especially vs. the elite teams and QB's. The other part of me is telling me this is a bad sign. We can get into the details at a later time. Don't want to upset certain people so early in the season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Ok with all that said were there any positives? Do you guys see anything that you liked? Personally I like how they are using Hunter Luepke more. He has good size and has some wheels in him. I’d like to see him get a few more touches though. Also I like that he’s wearing #40.

Sorry to get back so late on this one. Had to watch the game again to try and find something. Positive #1 is our kicker. Appears that is no longer an issue and am pleasantly content with Aubrey. Positive #2, Rico Dowdle. He may be small but the kid runs really hard and I love his desire. That is all I could find in the positive department this week.
However part of me is trying to convince myself that this was just a bad game. And it was. But we have seen this movie play out before over the years. usually 4-5 times a year, especially vs. the elite teams and QB's. The other part of me is telling me this is a bad sign. We can get into the details at a later time. Don't want to upset certain people so early in the season.

It’s always good (as a fan) to find some positive out of each game I feel. The kicker has been a surprise after all swing his 1 at kick. Also I agree about Dowdle. Kid has heart.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#50 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I still don't understand why Tyler wasn't moved to LT in the absence of Tyron Smith.

Also I'm not feeling that great about D. Bland. He got picked on.

A healthy Tyron and Diggs might have win the game.

Yea not sure what that was about. Maybe the backup LG isn’t as good as the backup LT and they felt like the line is stronger with Tyler at LG instead of LT?

Return to Dallas Cowboys