ImageImageImageImage

Game #4 vs. New England Patriots.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Re: Game #4 vs. New England Patriots. 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 3, 2023 10:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:See what Jerry has done to you. He has you conditioned perfectly despite of 28 years of proof his way of doing things isn't working.

Hey man, Jerry has this team as the most valuable franchise in the world and they put up amazing stats year in and year out. That’s just like winning a SB.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#42 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Do you honestly feel that the Cowboys red zone offense is fine?

Did you even read what you quoted? I said "we've been poor on the redzone"

I will say this though, if Dak is making an effort to minimize INTs, we are probably looking at a lot of FGs. And that was what many were asking for after the SF loss. Conservative throws, FGs instead of INTs. People wanted Dak to turn into a game manager like Purdy. And with that comes less TD passes and more FGs, which could be better than lots of turnovers.

Honestly I was just skimming the comments but you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. On one reply you say it’s not good enough but before that you say it’s good enough to win. I’m just trying to clarify if you actually think the red zone offense is good, I can’t tell based on what you’ve been saying.

As for the red zone offense I think the answer is already on the roster. Hunter Luepke is the big body RB we are missing, they just need to use him more. I know it will take time for him to build trust from Dak and MM but I truly believe he’s the answer. They (and BJJ) don’t want to admit it but they miss Zeke. They NEED a thumper and personally I think Luepke can be that guy.

I didn't say the redzone offense was good enough anywhere. What happened is that you only read the first sentence and ignored me explaining that the redzone offense sucks because of play calling.

And it is play calling...we fired our OC

Last year we were 76% in the redzone....this year we are 36%

What changed? Kellen Moore did.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#43 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 4, 2023 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
?t=RQ3IsrsS-tm92Rp6JKtWvA&s=19

I mean, yeah that's a lot of field goals.... but the 28 other teams aren't even getting that half the time.

We've scored 124 points and only 28 of that is defensive TDs... I'm not saying we haven't been bad in the redzone. We have. Just pointing out that we are still scoring points and that is better than INTs.

We are at least consistently getting into the redzone. Not much punting going on.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#44 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 4, 2023 3:22 am

Read on Twitter
?t=q-uQBt4GLl2STM35yMUJhw&s=19

Tyler >>>>> Tyron
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Oct 4, 2023 12:15 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tyler >>>>> Tyron

Hate saying it but denying the fact that it’s time to move on from Tyron is ridiculous. It’s time.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 4, 2023 3:12 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=RQ3IsrsS-tm92Rp6JKtWvA&s=19

I mean, yeah that's a lot of field goals.... but the 28 other teams aren't even getting that half the time.

We've scored 124 points and only 28 of that is defensive TDs... I'm not saying we haven't been bad in the redzone. We have. Just pointing out that we are still scoring points and that is better than INTs.

We are at least consistently getting into the redzone. Not much punting going on.

That's because half the teams in the NFL suck and don't have high expectations. Bad example of trying to cover up your boy's flaws.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 4, 2023 3:18 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:See what Jerry has done to you. He has you conditioned perfectly despite of 28 years of proof his way of doing things isn't working.

I'm a real Cowboys fan. I root for them until I die, unconditionally. With or without Dak, Jerry, McCarthy.

It's just a game, and the only way that would change for me is if one of them did something outside of the game of football like murder someone.

You are not a fan, you're in here fighting tooth and nail trying to prove we will never win s--t. That's what Eagle fans do. That's what haters do. And that's what you are, a Cowboys hater.

Finally after a year and a half you finally have admitted it !!! Only a loser bets on losers. That's like a parent saying they love their kids no matter what even though they end up spending the rest of their life in jail when you had a chance to do something about it.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#48 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 4, 2023 4:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tyler >>>>> Tyron

Why are the Cowboys so good at drafting O-line? It seems the hit rate is very good for them.

While a team like the Giants have lineman that look like traffic cones.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#49 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 4, 2023 5:57 pm

Also worth noting, Dak is number #8 on that list and #2 QB behind Josh Allen.

Dak for the most part played an error free game and only had a few incompletions.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 4, 2023 6:43 pm

Sure. Against the Giants, Jets, Cardinals and New England. He always does well and pads his stats vs. the scrub teams in the NFL. You want us all to buy into the numbers you post trying to make your boy look good. Those numbers don't mean **** till he starts getting those numbers against the top teams in the NFL. Even Mr. B. told you even before the season started so its just not coming from me. All that matters now is Dak winning big games, getting past the divisional round and making it to a Super Bowl.
Dak has yet to beat an elite team in the regular season and playoffs and this is a MUST WIN this week for him and the team this week or you can forget about any chance of making the Super Bowl this year. Being the number 5 seed and playing 3 road playoff games won't cut the mustard my friend.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#51 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:50 am

Dak's numbers vs the Bucs in the playoffs last season were the greatest in Cowboys history, still didn't stop you from declaring he sucks.

In fact I don't think there is ANYTHING he could do to make you eat crow. If he won 3 rings you'd still pin it on someone else and say he sucks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 5, 2023 3:03 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Dak's numbers vs the Bucs in the playoffs last season were the greatest in Cowboys history, still didn't stop you from declaring he sucks.

In fact I don't think there is ANYTHING he could do to make you eat crow. If he won 3 rings you'd still pin it on someone else and say he sucks.
:falloff: :falloff: :falloff: I have a better stat for you. Prescott's last 2 playoff games against the 49ers, 3 for 22 on 3ird down. The trial of Dak Prescott after 8 years begins Sunday. Its over for your boy if he loses this weekend. :wizard:
P.S. How about this one. Dak Prescott 101 NFL starts and 0 NFC Championship appearances. Brock Purdy has only 5 NFL Starts and has 1 NFC championship appearance.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#53 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 5, 2023 6:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak's numbers vs the Bucs in the playoffs last season were the greatest in Cowboys history, still didn't stop you from declaring he sucks.

:falloff: :falloff: :falloff: I have a better stat for you. Prescott's last 2 playoff games against the 49ers, 3 for 22 on 3ird down. The trial of Dak Prescott after 8 years begins Sunday. Its over for your boy if he loses this weekend. :wizard:
P.S. How about this one. Dak Prescott 101 NFL starts and 0 NFC Championship appearances. Brock Purdy has only 5 NFL Starts and has 1 NFC championship appearance.

Exactly! If that doesn't clue you in that there is more to this game than the QB then nothing will :lol:

Nick Foles is a Super Bowl Champion....Dan Marino is not. Stafford had ZERO playoff wins in Detroit, goes to a different "TEAM" and immediately wins a ring.

Return to Dallas Cowboys