ImageImageImageImage

Game #4 vs. New England Patriots.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Re: Game #4 vs. New England Patriots. 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:13 am

Dak has 4 T.D. passing. Dallas Defense also has 4 T.D.'s. AFTER 4 GAMES.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#22 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:18 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Dak has 4 T.D. passing. Dallas Defense also has 4 T.D.'s. AFTER 4 GAMES.

It's because 3 of our games were complete blowouts and then you run out the clock.

But that is a misleading stat anyway, if Dak drives down the field and we run it in that is the same thing.

Not only that but 4 is middle of the pack anyway. Burrow has 2 TDs, Purdy 5, Hurts 5, Lamar 4, Watson 4, etc...
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#23 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:19 am

Your whole gripe going into this season was INTs...now you've switched it up to "He isn't throwing enough TDs!"
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:22 am

That doesn't excuse being 7 for 19 in the red zone. 7 T.D.'s and 12 field goals won't cut it vs. the elite teams or in the playoffs. NEEDS to be cleaned up.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#25 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:24 am

7 for 19 is actually better than I thought...

We've been poor in the redzone...can't deny that.

Not on Dak though...His ONE INT in the redzone was when we were down 14 points with ~2min and he simply had no choice but to try and force it in because there wasn't enough time for anything else.

It's McCarthy...it's the play calling...nothing fancy or creative is ever done down there.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:29 am

Micah Prescott wrote:7 for 19 is actually better than I thought...

Not on Dak though...His ONE INT in the redzone was when we were down 14 points with ~2min and he simply had no choice but to try and force it in because there wasn't enough time for anything else.

It's McCarthy...it's the play calling...nothing fancy or creative is ever done down there.

That is why I asked you and Mr. B last week if McCarthy was being ultra conservative in his play calling because of his lack of trust in Dak. You thought I was trying to pick on Dak when I asked that and never answered the question.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#27 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:30 am

Also you can win a ring with nothing but good defense....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/400820438

Look at Peyton's stat line in Super Bowl 50...where Denver won a ring

Been saying this my entire time in here...the idea that you have to have Mahomes throwing 5 TDs to win a ring is nonsense.

A defense that prevents Mahomes from throwing 5 TDs is just as good.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#28 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:36 am

I actually think this team beats the Chiefs btw... mahomes almost lost to Wilson last night. His only real target is Kelce.

Best team in the NFL is San Francisco...they are top notch on both offense and defense.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#29 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 3, 2023 5:40 pm

Do you honestly feel that the Cowboys red zone offense is fine?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#30 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 5:49 pm

Mr B wrote:

Did you even read what you quoted? I said "we've been poor on the redzone"

I will say this though, if Dak is making an effort to minimize INTs, we are probably looking at a lot of FGs. And that was what many were asking for after the SF loss. Conservative throws, FGs instead of INTs. People wanted Dak to turn into a game manager like Purdy. And with that comes less TD passes and more FGs, which could be better than lots of turnovers.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:17 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I actually think this team beats the Chiefs btw... mahomes almost lost to Wilson last night. His only real target is Kelce.

Best team in the NFL is San Francisco...they are top notch on both offense and defense.

:falloff: :falloff: :falloff: We can make a friendly wager when this game comes up. No way in hell do I put my money on Dak when he goes up against Showtime, no way. Frankly I'm surprised you would stick your neck out that far seeings how Dak has never beaten a superior QB and team when everything is on the line.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Your whole gripe going into this season was INTs...now you've switched it up to "He isn't throwing enough TDs!"

Yep. That's what he gets paid for.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:23 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I will say this though, if Dak is making an effort to minimize INTs, we are probably looking at a lot of FGs. And that was what many were asking for after the SF loss. Conservative throws, FGs instead of INTs. People wanted Dak to turn into a game manager like Purdy. And with that comes less TD passes and more FGs, which could be better than lots of turnovers.

He can't even be a good game manager when you run into your own player in the red zone and your best weapon in Lamb has only 2 targets. :curse:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Also you can win a ring with nothing but good defense....

Been saying this my entire time in here...the idea that you have to have Mahomes throwing 5 TDs to win a ring is nonsense.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Its only happened what, 3 times in the Super Bowl era. Most of the time you need an elite QB in this league. I'll say it again, the NFL is different. NBA is a players league. MLB is a General Mangers league. NFL is a QB/Coaches league. These two positions are the weakest link on our team and the reason I'm not on the Super Bowl hype train despite HAVING A BETTER TEAM than both the Egals and Niners. IMHO.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#35 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Also you can win a ring with nothing but good defense....

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Its only happened what, 3 times in the Super Bowl era. Most of the time you need an elite QB in this league. I'll say it again, the NFL is different. NBA is a players league. MLB is a General Mangers league. NFL is a QB/Coaches league. These two positions are the weakest link on our team and the reason I'm not on the Super Bowl hype train despite HAVING A BETTER TEAM than both the Egals and Niners. IMHO.

You actually just don't know anything about football. Stafford just won a ring and led the league in INTs. He's not elite. Non-elite QBs win rings regularly.

The idea that the NFL is a tennis match between two QBs is the mindset of an elementary school kid.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 7:35 pm

See what Jerry has done to you. He has you conditioned perfectly despite of 28 years of proof his way of doing things isn't working.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#37 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 7:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:See what Jerry has done to you. He has you conditioned perfectly despite of 28 years of proof his way of doing things isn't working.

I'm a real Cowboys fan. I root for them until I die, unconditionally. With or without Dak, Jerry, McCarthy.

It's just a game, and the only way that would change for me is if one of them did something outside of the game of football like murder someone.

You are not a fan, you're in here fighting tooth and nail trying to prove we will never win s--t. That's what Eagle fans do. That's what haters do. And that's what you are, a Cowboys hater.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 3, 2023 8:34 pm

No. I'm saying if the Cowboys don't play better and clean up some things and they lose this game this week, you can forget about any chance of a super bowl appearance. I still watch every game and always root for them, but I also call them out when I don't like something. And only a fool keeps repeating the same mistakes expecting different results.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#39 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 9:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:No. I'm saying if the Cowboys don't play better and clean up some things and they lose this game this week, you can forget about any chance of a super bowl appearance. I still watch every game and always root for them, but I also call them out when I don't like something. And only a fool keeps repeating the same mistakes expecting different results.

Stop repeating your same mistakes. It's impossible to win with Jerry and Dak. Go to the Chiefs.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#40 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 3, 2023 10:49 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Honestly I was just skimming the comments but you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. On one reply you say it’s not good enough but before that you say it’s good enough to win. I’m just trying to clarify if you actually think the red zone offense is good, I can’t tell based on what you’ve been saying.

As for the red zone offense I think the answer is already on the roster. Hunter Luepke is the big body RB we are missing, they just need to use him more. I know it will take time for him to build trust from Dak and MM but I truly believe he’s the answer. They (and BJJ) don’t want to admit it but they miss Zeke. They NEED a thumper and personally I think Luepke can be that guy.

Return to Dallas Cowboys