ImageImageImageImage

Game #4 vs. New England Patriots.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Game #4 vs. New England Patriots. 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:39 pm

Last week was a bad week all around. Said all I had to say regarding the team's over all performance this past week. Time to move on.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: Game #4 vs. New England Patriots. 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:07 pm

Hopefully the defense will go back to playing lights out this weekend. They will need to score or create decent scoring chances for our offense. Patriot defense is pretty damn good and expect to dominate the Cowboys offense. Patriot nation thinks McCarthy and Dak are a joke and the Cowboys are a loser organization and team with Jerry at the helm. Heard it everyday all week on all sorts sports programs this week. They expect to go into Dallas and steal a game. Patriots game plan is to run the ball down the throat of the Dallas defense to keep Mack Jones out of harms way. On defense they plan of taking Lamb out of the game with an extra guy in the box to help out in the running game. They are expecting 2-3 turnover from Dak and they believe that is their winning formula.
IMHO the Cowboys have a much superior team than the Patriots. Hopefully the Cowboys will show up this week and prove them wrong after the total embarrassing game last week. It would look even more disgusting on Dak part if he got out played again this week and lost to Mack Jones after getting out played by Dobbs last weekend. Dobbs got his first win last week as a starting QB that has been in the league for 6 years. Its bad enough Dak can't beat and/or out play the upper echelon of QB's in this league for 8 years but now is getting beat and outplayed by scrubs and back ups. Dobbs last week, Sam Howell the last game last season. Last 4 regular season games Prescott has been getting outplayed by scrubs and we are paying him almost $50 mill a year to observe.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#3 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 1, 2023 3:43 pm

The offense is going to struggle in this game.

NE has the #5 defense in yards allowed and the #7 defense in points allowed.

In fact this might be the best defense we have faced this year, the Jets got a bit overrated.

Tyron Smith is out. O-line banged up. Dak is definitely going to struggle here.

It's easy to just look at the QB position, like BJJ does, and you see Mac Jones and think this game is a gimmie, but the reality is that the QB position isn't nearly as meaningful as people like BJJ understand. Dak is better than Mac but NE has a really good squad, and I am worried about this game.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#4 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 1, 2023 3:52 pm

Today we play the #5 defense, and then next week we play the #3 defense SF.

Tyron Smith picked the wrong time to get injured, and if he is out next week too Nick Bosa is going to absolutely feast.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#5 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 1, 2023 7:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The offense is going to struggle in this game.

NE has the #5 defense in yards allowed and the #7 defense in points allowed.

In fact this might be the best defense we have faced this year, the Jets got a bit overrated.

Tyron Smith is out. O-line banged up. Dak is definitely going to struggle here.

It's easy to just look at the QB position, like BJJ does, and you see Mac Jones and think this game is a gimmie, but the reality is that the QB position isn't nearly as meaningful as people like BJJ understand. Dak is better than Mac but NE has a really good squad, and I am worried about this game.

Dak is the only player on the field besides the center that touches the ball on every play. He has to be flawless. He made a really bad pass into triple coverage that cost the team 7 points. He can’t do that. The entire momentum of the game was getting ready to swing in the Cowboys favor. He wasn’t the only one that made a mistake but he’s the most important player to make a mistake.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 1, 2023 7:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Today we play the #5 defense, and then next week we play the #3 defense SF.

Tyron Smith picked the wrong time to get injured, and if he is out next week too Nick Bosa is going to absolutely feast.

They will have to constantly double him and chip him. If they don’t then yes he’s going to feast. Let’s see what kind of game McCarthy calls.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 1, 2023 8:34 pm

What the **** was that?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 1, 2023 8:35 pm

These are the mistakes that can’t be tolerated.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 1, 2023 10:19 pm

We still have some things to clean up that's for sure.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 1, 2023 10:22 pm

Great. Another field goal.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,005

Post#11 » by Fierce1 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 11:19 pm

So much for the Pats defense.

Cowboys put up 38 points.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#12 » by Fierce1 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 11:21 pm

I wonder what would have happened if Belichick had Mac Jones from 2000 to 2020.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#13 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 1, 2023 11:23 pm

It was mostly a complete 180 from last week. Both sides looked good. I know we have redzone struggles but the offense put up 24 points on what was a top-5 defense going into this week. Dak was 25-34, 261 yards...1 TD, 0 INTs.... thats a good showing on a defense like that imo.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#14 » by Fierce1 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 11:42 pm

I was more concerned about the Cowboy defense.

Looks like last week was just an off day for the defense.

The offense will be what it is.

If the Cowboys are to finally reach the NFC title game, the defense has to be the one doing the heavy lifting.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#15 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 2, 2023 1:08 am

Fierce1 wrote:I was more concerned about the Cowboy defense.

If the Cowboys are to finally reach the NFC title game, the defense has to be the one doing the heavy lifting.

The defense was amazing today obviously but I'm finding it hard to crown them when Mac Jones played so horrible. I mean that was really bad QB play.

What's amazing is that the best QB this defense has faced this season is probably Josh Dobbs.

Bland was his INTs was good to see though.

Next week is when we will see reality. If we get a convincing win it will feel like the Arizona loss was a fluke and never happened. If we get our asses kicked in then anything we win moving forward will feel meaningless
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 2, 2023 2:58 pm

Fierce1 wrote:I was more concerned about the Cowboy defense.

Of course. We know after 8 years that Dak can't do any heavy lifting.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:54 pm

After 4 games Wonderful Dak and the offense only has 7 T.D.'s in 19 trips to the red zone. What is it they all say? Field goals loses games and T.D.'s win championships. Dallas defense has as many T.D.'s as Prescott has thrown for. When Dak crashes and burns this time, who will he blame this time now that Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore are gone.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 2, 2023 7:55 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Next week is when we will see reality. If we get a convincing win it will feel like the Arizona loss was a fluke and never happened. If we get our asses kicked in then anything we win moving forward will feel meaningless

An observation from an online friend who is a Packers fan & acutely familiar with McCarthy…

I watched a bit on the Cowboys on Redzone.

I see that McCarthy still likes to run shotgun on the goal line. He likes to throw fades and QB sprintouts that eliminate half the field before even considering a traditional running formation.

Food for thought.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#19 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:10 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:After 4 games Wonderful Dak and the offense only has 7 T.D.'s in 19 trips to the red zone. What is it they all say? Field goals loses games and T.D.'s win championships. Dallas defense has as many T.D.'s as Prescott has thrown for. When Dak crashes and burns this time, who will he blame this time now that Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore are gone.

I can't even tell if you're serious or not but no, the defense has not scored seven TDs. This is like when you told me the defense scored 250 points last season :lol:

Clueless

The defense scored 2 TDs yesterday which is STILL less than the 24 points that the offense scored.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#20 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Oct 3, 2023 1:12 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Next week is when we will see reality. If we get a convincing win it will feel like the Arizona loss was a fluke and never happened. If we get our asses kicked in then anything we win moving forward will feel meaningless

An observation from an online friend who is a Packers fan & acutely familiar with McCarthy…

I watched a bit on the Cowboys on Redzone.

I see that McCarthy still likes to run shotgun on the goal line. He likes to throw fades and QB sprintouts that eliminate half the field before even considering a traditional running formation.

Food for thought.

Shotgun at the goalline is the worst. I remember that bothering me so much last season.

One yard away and Dak is in shotgun.

Return to Dallas Cowboys