ImageImageImageImage

Game #5 vs. San Francisco

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Game #5 vs. San Francisco 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 6, 2023 4:10 pm

The lights will be very shiny and bright this week. A must win for the Cowboys according to Jerry, Cowboy Nation, the team , etc. Will the defense show up this week unlike the game in Arizona? I expect they will. Will Mike McCarthy and Dak finally show up and win a big game vs. an elite NFL team? We'll see. Niners have a great defense to and it may come down to which offense plays the best and makes the least amount of mistakes. Dak will have to deliver and come through this week for us to have any chance. No getting around it unless the defense once again plays total lights out which could happen. Personally I think this game most likely will come down to who controls the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and physicality. Besides Parsons, the key on defense will be the play of LVE and our LB's.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Game #5 vs. San Francisco 

Post#2 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 6, 2023 6:04 pm

Unfortunately I predict a SF win because they have this team's kryptonite. An elite running game. Run CMC is the league MVP so far. Guy can not be stopped.

Purdy just dishes it out in the passing game quick....no time to sack him, he never sits in the pocket.

They are extremely difficult to defend. Hardest in the NFL

I think the offense will put up 21-28 points. You can pass on them. Dak and Lamb should make some connections. But I definitely have doubts that will be enough to win the game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Oct 6, 2023 10:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Unfortunately I predict a SF win because they have this team's kryptonite. An elite running game. Run CMC is the league MVP so far. Guy can not be stopped.

Purdy just dishes it out in the passing game quick....no time to sack him, he never sits in the pocket.

They are extremely difficult to defend. Hardest in the NFL

I think the offense will put up 21-28 points. You can pass on them. Dak and Lamb should make some connections. But I definitely have doubts that will be enough to win the game.

Kinda think the same although if our defense maintains their discipline and doesn’t just go balls to the wall after Purdy then this game is absolutely winnable. We “should” be able to run the ball. If so, then that should open up the passing game. QB1 has to execute. Regardless, it should be a close one… and a good one.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 7, 2023 3:33 pm

Interesting after 53 years watching the NFL, the NFC still comes down to the "Tale Of Two Cities".
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Oct 7, 2023 6:16 pm

Side take...unlikely scenario, but if Dallas "destroys" SF it could be bad for Dallas. If we were to blow them out 35-10 or something, could give the team a false sense of superiority.

Might actually be ideal if we just BARELY lost the game. Enough to let us know that we could win if we just played a tiny bit harder. And that causes them to play at 110% in the playoffs resulting in defeating SF.

Its weird to think losing could be beneficial but last season we got obliterated by Tampa Bay, and then got revenge in the playoffs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Oct 7, 2023 9:13 pm

Still say its a must win for our boys. Number 5 seed and playing all road games in the playoffs is not a recipe I would look forward to.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 8, 2023 3:51 pm

If Dak and the O-line play well the Cowboys will win today.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#8 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 8, 2023 6:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If Dak and the O-line play well the Cowboys will win today.

In order to win this game, every single player on the entire roster needs to play well, right down to the kicker. In fact this game could easily come down to a FG.

The 9ers are the best team in the league.

That said you'll blame Dak no matter what happens on the field, but someone needs to be logical in here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 9, 2023 12:35 am

Not a god sign or start. 3 penalties given on first SF drive.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:28 am

Welp… no sugar coating that one.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,005

Post#11 » by Fierce1 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 4:40 am

Dak just ain't good enough.

Looks like Cowboy fans will have to wait a little bit longer.

Jerry Jones might not be alive the next time the Cowboys make it back to the Super Bowl.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 9, 2023 1:59 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Dak just ain't good enough.

Looks like Cowboy fans will have to wait a little bit longer.

Jerry Jones might not be alive the next time the Cowboys make it back to the Super Bowl.

As I’ve been saying for at least the past 15 years… Jerry will go to his grave trying to convince the world he can win a Super Bowl without Jimmy. And so will I.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#13 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 9, 2023 5:54 pm

Not much positive to say. I predicted a loss in here but was hoping it wouldn't be like that. Don't want to talk about Dak, already did that to death in the main forum. He played awful, but so did the entire team.

SF is just better from top to bottom. At EVERY position. Edge included, PFF has Bosa rated higher than Parsons. I don't think there is one single area we have on SF. Coaching is in another stratosphere.

So that said, we were heavily dominated last season in a similar way by TB and everyone, myself included, was ready to blow up the team. So our only hope is that we get into the playoffs and either A. Have a magic ray of light hit the team and go on a hot streak or B. Pray that SF loses before we get to them.

Highly unlikely scenarios... but it's happened before and it's all we got going forward.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:08 pm

The offense has taken a huge step back so far this season. And of course Prescott's play hasn't improves either, especially in big moments and games as expected. Looks like unless the defense plays lights out and gives Dumb Dak and the offense short fields, the offense will be a huge liability this year unless something changes. Both Dak and McCarthy are failing miserably steering the ship on the offensive side of things. The McCarthy and Prescott experiment has run its course. Its over for the both of them like I predicted 2+ years ago. Once again Jerry and the front office is late coming to the party. Jerry has to always do things his way. Onward through the fog.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#15 » by linery88 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:23 am

When it first announced Diggs was out for the year...that sucked horribly.He was our number 2 mvp on defense,and it has shown how valueable he is.We were ranked number 2 on pass defence,and now we are 30th.
As far as Dak,and the offense are concerned.They have to run more.He is not elite.Aaron Rodgers has proven he can do elite type stuff when undermanned.Plus,the Oline is way banged up,and they can barely block good teams pass rushers.If they run more,they can use more play action to help Dak out.They could also add more 2-3 TE sets,because this Oline doesn,t wanna block too long for passing plays.
It was also infuriating for Jerry to praise a team as one of the best just before this game.Wish he would keep that **** to himself.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#16 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:06 pm

I think we all learned that the defense got overrated by starting the season against the worst offenses in the NFL.

The offense is drastically worse than last season. Kellen Moore is deeply missed. I don't even know wtf Lamb is doing on the team, the entire offense should be centered around him and now he doesn't even get consideration. Wasting his prime away right now. Dak is Dak, nothing changed there, what changed is the play calling.

I've also gotten the impression that our draft was a wash. Mazi and Schoonmaker are barely ever on the field. Overshown injured. We might as well have had no draft.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#17 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:22 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I think we all learned that the defense got overrated by starting the season against the worst offenses in the NFL.

The offense is drastically worse than last season. Kellen Moore is deeply missed. I don't even know wtf Lamb is doing on the team, the entire offense should be centered around him and now he doesn't even get consideration. Wasting his prime away right now. Dak is Dak, nothing changed there, what changed is the play calling.

I've also gotten the impression that our draft was a wash. Mazi and Schoonmaker are barely ever on the field. Overshown injured. We might as well have had no draft.

The Giants & Pats are two of the worst teams in Football. The Jets with Zach Wilson are towards the bottom offensively probably in most categories.

But are the Cowboys as bad as they looked on Sunday? No, not necessarily. The Niners are simply the best team in Football at the moment. No one is beating that team if they remain relatively healthy. Especially in the NFC.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:31 pm

I know if I am C.D. Lamb I am not coming back next year or signing another contract if Dak Prescott is my QB and McCarthy is my coach. I would want out to. Not wasting my career moving forward with those 2 losers.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#19 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think we all learned that the defense got overrated by starting the season against the worst offenses in the NFL.

The Giants & Pats are two of the worst teams in Football. The Jets with Zach Wilson are towards the bottom offensively probably in most categories.

But are the Cowboys as bad as they looked on Sunday? No, not necessarily. The Niners are simply the best team in Football at the moment. No one is beating that team if they remain relatively healthy. Especially in the NFC.

I want to say that SF has a decent shot at going undefeated. Still early, but man they look absolutely flawless.

Return to Dallas Cowboys