Game #7 vs. Los Angeles Rams

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Re: Game #7 vs. Los Angeles Rams 

Post#61 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 5, 2023 1:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'd say "most" Cowboy fans hold Romo in high regard. It's the majority of other fans who enjoy his choker label because the rest of the league hates the Cowboys.

I don't know about you, but live in Dallas too and when I watch the games with friends we aren't cursing Daks name or declaring he sucks, we are cheering for him.

Also I don't think either Romo or Dak going to a Super Bowl and losing would alter many perceptions. They would just be labeled even bigger "chokers" who couldn't get out done on the big stage.

And then there are the BJJs who wouldn't change their stance even if Dak did win a ring. They'd credit the defense and say they were able to overcome Daks suckiness. Regardless of how he played.

Holding a player in high regard is not legendary status. Think Ring of Honor level. Bill Bates is held in high regard by most Cowboys fans but he’s not a legend. Same for Romo. Fun player to watch and cheer for but at the end of the day he didn’t win anything. The legends are the ones that won.

Apparently Jimmy Johnson is not a legend in Jerry's eyes but almost every other Cowboy fan says he is.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#62 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:36 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'd say "most" Cowboy fans hold Romo in high regard. It's the majority of other fans who enjoy his choker label because the rest of the league hates the Cowboys.

I don't know about you, but live in Dallas too and when I watch the games with friends we aren't cursing Daks name or declaring he sucks, we are cheering for him.

Also I don't think either Romo or Dak going to a Super Bowl and losing would alter many perceptions. They would just be labeled even bigger "chokers" who couldn't get out done on the big stage.

And then there are the BJJs who wouldn't change their stance even if Dak did win a ring. They'd credit the defense and say they were able to overcome Daks suckiness. Regardless of how he played.

Holding a player in high regard is not legendary status. Think Ring of Honor level. Bill Bates is held in high regard by most Cowboys fans but he’s not a legend. Same for Romo. Fun player to watch and cheer for but at the end of the day he didn’t win anything. The legends are the ones that won.

I'm not trying to claim that the guy is a "legend".

I'm claiming that he *could have* won a ring under the correct circumstances

VS. he sucks and it is impossible to win with him

Same with Dak...I'm not saying the guy is Joe Montana. I'm literally saying he is top 8-12.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#63 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:38 pm

Rodgers was elite for a decade, and for 5 of those years arguably the #1 QB in the league.

He only has ONE ring...because that was the only year everything aligned for his team.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#64 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Apparently Jimmy Johnson is not a legend in Jerry's eyes but almost every other Cowboy fan says he is.

Jimmy is a HOF and absolutely a legend. The only reason he’s not in the ROH is because of Jerry’s pettiness.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#65 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Same with Dak...I'm not saying the guy is Joe Montana. I'm literally saying he is top 8-12.

And I never said Romo sucks. I just said he was fun to watch but not good enough to win it all. Right now Dak is in the same boat until proven otherwise.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#66 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Rodgers was elite for a decade, and for 5 of those years arguably the #1 QB in the league.

He only has ONE ring...because that was the only year everything aligned for his team.

Rodgers has A ring. He proved he could do it by winning it all. No matter what he did after that he had already proven he can win it all. Dak hasn’t done that.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#67 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Holding a player in high regard is not legendary status. Think Ring of Honor level. Bill Bates is held in high regard by most Cowboys fans but he’s not a legend. Same for Romo. Fun player to watch and cheer for but at the end of the day he didn’t win anything. The legends are the ones that won.

And I never said Romo sucks. I just said he was fun to watch but not good enough to win it all. Right now Dak is in the same boat until proven otherwise.

You and BJJ have both declared that it is impossible to win a ring with both Romo and Dak. That's the argument. Not that either is a "legend".

And you've probably said they "suck" too...obviously BJJ has. BJJ tries to make Dak out to be mentally impaired even though his IQ is much lower than Daks.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#68 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 5, 2023 7:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'm not trying to claim that the guy is a "legend".

You and BJJ have both declared that it is impossible to win a ring with both Romo and Dak. That's the argument. Not that either is a "legend".

And you've probably said they "suck" too...obviously BJJ has. BJJ tries to make Dak out to be mentally impaired even though his IQ is much lower than Daks.

I’ve never said it is impossible for the Cowboys to win a ring with Dak. I have said that the odds are not in his favor of winning his first ring at age 30 or older. What I said was that he needs to do before I will anoint him and call him a championship QB. I need to see him do it before I anoint him.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#69 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Nov 5, 2023 8:39 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:And I never said Romo sucks. I just said he was fun to watch but not good enough to win it all. Right now Dak is in the same boat until proven otherwise.

I’ve never said it is impossible for the Cowboys to win a ring with Dak. I have said that the odds are not in his favor of winning his first ring at age 30 or older. What I said was that he needs to do before I will anoint him and call him a championship QB. I need to see him do it before I anoint him.

No, you said BJJ was right in declaring it impossible to win with Dak. But we don't need to keep going back and forth, this stance is fine although no one anointed Dak or anyone else a Champion before actually being one.

Return to Dallas Cowboys