ImageImageImageImage

Game #7 vs. Los Angeles Rams

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Game #7 vs. Los Angeles Rams 

Post#41 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 2, 2023 12:10 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Well, nothing has changed here.

Moving on...

As far as this forum goes with just the 4 main posters here...I no longer see the point in dissecting the game anymore when BJJ and now Mr. B are just going to reduce it down to "it's impossible to win with Dak"

That's where it goes to every game....every loss is Dak's fault, and no win is Dak's doing
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#42 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 2, 2023 12:43 am

Micah Prescott wrote:

Moving on...

As far as this forum goes with just the 4 main posters here...I no longer see the point in dissecting the game anymore when BJJ and now Mr. B are just going to reduce it down to "it's impossible to win with Dak"

That's where it goes to every game....every loss is Dak's fault, and no win is Dak's doing

It’s cool to dissect the game. This forum is as much yours as it is mine. Yes I do hold Dak more accountable because he’s the QB. Other than the center he’s the only player that touches the ball on every play. He dictates the offense so in my opinion he’s more responsible for wins and losses than a WR or RB or TE.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#43 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 2, 2023 1:45 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Moving on...

It’s cool to dissect the game. This forum is as much yours as it is mine. Yes I do hold Dak more accountable because he’s the QB. Other than the center he’s the only player that touches the ball on every play. He dictates the offense so in my opinion he’s more responsible for wins and losses than a WR or RB or TE.

Exactly.

So here I am. Talking about Dak.

He's won 5 games this season and on Sunday he's going to beat the Eagles. All by himself.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#44 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Nov 2, 2023 2:59 am

Well, there is good news…

THE RANGERS ARE WINNING THE F*****G WORLD SERIES!!!!!
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#45 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:50 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Well, there is good news…

Yep watched the whole series. I looked in the MLB forums here, it's completely deserted.

I've been watching them my whole life.

Crazy
Mr B
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 2, 2023 4:31 am

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#47 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 2, 2023 5:22 am

Congrats, I guess. :wink:

I stopped really caring about Baseball some time ago. The local team here played a part in that. But it must be nice to have a team that is committed to winning. Ownership that isn't cheap & will spend money.

Or a general manager, who says dumb **** like this out loud because ownership is more worried about their bottom-line.

Read on Twitter

Must be nice.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#48 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 2, 2023 6:30 am

Also...

Micah might have a case.

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#49 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Nov 2, 2023 11:24 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

Congrats, I guess. :wink:

I stopped really caring about Baseball some time ago. The local team here played a part in that. But it must be nice to have a team that is committed to winning. Ownership that isn't cheap & will spend money.

Or a general manager, who says dumb **** like this out loud because ownership is more worried about their bottom-line.

Read on Twitter

Must be nice.

It’s been 12 years since Game 6 and I was resigned to going to my grave with that damn game as the epitaph of my Rangers fandom. But after 6 years of just wretched baseball, a GM with a clean slate convinced an owner who hadn’t opened his wallet in the past to do so and then the GM actually made decisions that mattered. Add to that a young nucleus of talent and a manager who actually wanted to come here…

It’s been a hell of a ride, man. And now I can say that all of my local teams have won championships. This one is really, really special.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#50 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 2, 2023 4:46 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:It’s been a hell of a ride, man. And now I can say that all of my local teams have won championships. This one is really, really special.

For year's I thought I was cursed. Losing the Sonics was a low. But then the Hawks won. Which was followed by Liverpool finally breaking the curse a few years ago. So I have a much more optimistic outlook on life.

Now, we just need the Kraken to come through & win the cup! :wink:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#51 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 2, 2023 6:02 pm

When the MLB playoffs began the Rangers were 20/1 Vegas odds to win it all. They were a heavy underdog.

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying we need to hope for with the Cowboys. They sneak into the playoffs as a WildCard team and then just magically get "HOT".

It happens. Sometimes the WildCard wins it all.

That's what happened to the Mavericks when they win it all. They were literally the underdog in every single post season matchup that year. No one thought they could beat the Lakers let alone LeBron and Heat. They got HOT and Dirk silenced all of his BJJs.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#52 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 2, 2023 6:50 pm

Mr B
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 2, 2023 10:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:When the MLB playoffs began the Rangers were 20/1 Vegas odds to win it all. They were a heavy underdog.

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying we need to hope for with the Cowboys. They sneak into the playoffs as a WildCard team and then just magically get "HOT".

That's what happened to the Mavericks when they win it all. They were literally the underdog in every single post season matchup that year. No one thought they could beat the Lakers let alone LeBron and Heat. They got HOT and Dirk silenced all of his BJJs.

I’m not a huge baseball fan but do follow the Rangers (born and raised in Dallas). Them winning the World Series reminds me of how I felt when the Mavs finally won a title. I’ve been a Mavs fan since ‘92 and saw A LOT of bad basketball and saw them get robbed in ‘06. This Rangers title feels like that.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#54 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 3, 2023 8:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Completely under the radar one of the best games Dak has ever played, he was near flawless. That guy is spot on speaking of Dak using his feet. When Dak breaks out of the pocket and creates time for himself it usually results in a huge gain.

I think the OC (McCarthy) took the BYE to make the necessary adjustments to the offensive scheme. The run game is abysmal and I think he can see that now. Our best option is Dak <---> Lamb
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#55 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 3, 2023 8:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:When the MLB playoffs began the Rangers were 20/1 Vegas odds to win it all. They were a heavy underdog.

I’m not a huge baseball fan but do follow the Rangers (born and raised in Dallas). Them winning the World Series reminds me of how I felt when the Mavs finally won a title. I’ve been a Mavs fan since ‘92 and saw A LOT of bad basketball and saw them get robbed in ‘06. This Rangers title feels like that.

Before Dirk won it all everyone declared him "soft". Everyone said that you can not win a title with Dirk as your leader because he is not like LeBron or Duncan or an elite on their level. They were underdogs through it all, and you know what. It wasn't Dirk that finally changed, it was HIS TEAM. Everyone ELSE finally came together. Desean Stephenson was an elite defender who handled up on LeBron. Tyson Chandler peaked and was the center they needed. Jet Terry primed out. Marion and Kidd provided vet experience.

They all finally gelled together perfectly in the post season, with all the odds against them.

This is the exact same thing that *COULD* happen to Dak. You will never ever ever ever convince me that it is literally impossible to win with Dak Prescott. He isn't elite, but he is good enough if the team around him gels like the 2011 Mavs. Will Dak ever win a ring? Odds are no, he won't. But it won't be because he isn't good enough, because he is. So was Romo.

Speaking of NBA though...Dirk and others in the NBA actually have more right to being credited with "wins and losses" than any NFL QB does.

A lead NBA star plays with only 11 others, and has to play both offense and defense. A star NBA player has way more affect on the game than any NFL player does. A QB only plays offense, and even on offense requires a ton of help from others. Even a simple pass play requires blockers to block, and a WR to catch it. Whereas in the NBA a star player can literally score without help from anyone else.

I would say that the ONLY sports where athletes should get credit for wins and losses are single player sports. Tennis, Boxing, etc. I don't even like it when MLB pitchers are given a W/L stat. It isn't fair to them when things out of their control cost them the game.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 3, 2023 10:36 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Before Dirk won it all everyone declared him "soft". Everyone said that you can not win a title with Dirk as your leader because he is not like LeBron or Duncan or an elite on their level. They were underdogs through it all, and you know what. It wasn't Dirk that finally changed, it was HIS TEAM. Everyone ELSE finally came together. Desean Stephenson was an elite defender who handled up on LeBron. Tyson Chandler peaked and was the center they needed. Jet Terry primed out. Marion and Kidd provided vet experience.

They all finally gelled together perfectly in the post season, with all the odds against them.

This is the exact same thing that *COULD* happen to Dak. You will never ever ever ever convince me that it is literally impossible to win with Dak Prescott. He isn't elite, but he is good enough if the team around him gels like the 2011 Mavs. Will Dak ever win a ring? Odds are no, he won't. But it won't be because he isn't good enough, because he is. So was Romo.

Speaking of NBA though...Dirk and others in the NBA actually have more right to being credited with "wins and losses" than any NFL QB does.

A lead NBA star plays with only 11 others, and has to play both offense and defense. A star NBA player has way more affect on the game than any NFL player does. A QB only plays offense, and even on offense requires a ton of help from others. Even a simple pass play requires blockers to block, and a WR to catch it. Whereas in the NBA a star player can literally score without help from anyone else.

I would say that the ONLY sports where athletes should get credit for wins and losses are single player sports. Tennis, Boxing, etc. I don't even like it when MLB pitchers are given a W/L stat. It isn't fair to them when things out of their control cost them the game.

That is a good comparison except for the fact that Dirk had been to the finals before and had been to the Conference Championship before. Also Dirk still had to prove he could do it before he was anointed “Legend” status. If he had not won he would still be considered someone who just wasn’t good enough. No one gave him that “Legend” moniker until he actually won a title. The same will likely be for Dak. If he wins a SB as the QB of the Cowboys he’ll be a legend. If not he will always be remembered as someone who just wasn’t good enough (like Romo).
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#57 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 3, 2023 10:55 pm

I'd say "most" Cowboy fans hold Romo in high regard. It's the majority of other fans who enjoy his choker label because the rest of the league hates the Cowboys.

I don't know about you, but live in Dallas too and when I watch the games with friends we aren't cursing Daks name or declaring he sucks, we are cheering for him.

Also I don't think either Romo or Dak going to a Super Bowl and losing would alter many perceptions. They would just be labeled even bigger "chokers" who couldn't get out done on the big stage.

And then there are the BJJs who wouldn't change their stance even if Dak did win a ring. They'd credit the defense and say they were able to overcome Daks suckiness. Regardless of how he played.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'd say "most" Cowboy fans hold Romo in high regard. It's the majority of other fans who enjoy his choker label because the rest of the league hates the Cowboys.

I don't know about you, but live in Dallas too and when I watch the games with friends we aren't cursing Daks name or declaring he sucks, we are cheering for him.

Also I don't think either Romo or Dak going to a Super Bowl and losing would alter many perceptions. They would just be labeled even bigger "chokers" who couldn't get out done on the big stage.

And then there are the BJJs who wouldn't change their stance even if Dak did win a ring. They'd credit the defense and say they were able to overcome Daks suckiness. Regardless of how he played.

:rofl: :falloff: And Dak can suck in all big games and playoff games and blame it all on the WR's, play calling, coach, defense, etc,.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 4, 2023 11:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'd say "most" Cowboy fans hold Romo in high regard. It's the majority of other fans who enjoy his choker label because the rest of the league hates the Cowboys.

Holding a player in high regard is not legendary status. Think Ring of Honor level. Bill Bates is held in high regard by most Cowboys fans but he’s not a legend. Same for Romo. Fun player to watch and cheer for but at the end of the day he didn’t win anything. The legends are the ones that won.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#60 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 5, 2023 1:25 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:As far as this forum goes with just the 4 main posters here...I no longer see the point in dissecting the game anymore when BJJ and now Mr. B are just going to reduce it down to "it's impossible to win with Dak"

Exactly.

So here I am. Talking about Dak.

He's won 5 games this season and on Sunday he's going to beat the Eagles. All by himself.

I thought it was a team game? Oh, that's right. When the Cowboys win Dak is great. When they lose its a team game. I forgot.

Return to Dallas Cowboys