Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Re: Game #12. Seattle Seahawks. 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 1, 2023 4:57 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Bland having himself a day.

Man… he wasn’t the entire issue with the poor play on defense but he got schooled pretty damn well last night. Looking forward to see how he responds to that.

I really try not to make a big deal about officiating but that damn ref crew though… they were giving both defenses grief.

I did like the way Bland came back and got the interception after getting torched all night. Hopefully his confidence isn’t shook too much after last nights game.

As for the ref’s I think they were horrible in both sides but if a couple of those bad calls were not made the Cowboys wouldn’t have won that game.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#22 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 1, 2023 4:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I was so impressed with Furgeson last night. Talk about grit and toughness. I saw a little Jay Novacek in him last night. With Schoonmaker making progress lately it appears we are more than fine at TE. I know some of you had question marks about TE heading into the season.

I tried to tell you guys at the beginning of the season that they were ok at TE and it would just take some time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:04 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I was so impressed with Furgeson last night. Talk about grit and toughness. I saw a little Jay Novacek in him last night. With Schoonmaker making progress lately it appears we are more than fine at TE. I know some of you had question marks about TE heading into the season.

I tried to tell you guys at the beginning of the season that they were ok at TE and it would just take some time.

His energy kept the offense rolling all night. Its been a while since I've seen that much fight out of a Cowboy in a very long time. :thumbsup:
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#24 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Yeah I can't stop watching this.

Both Dak and Lamb came with the same energy too. This offense is starting to gel and the unit all has each other's back.

Unfortunately the defense is doing the polar opposite.

Anyone else concerned about the defense? Because our offense isn't putting up 41 on San Fran....no offense is.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#25 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:12 pm

Mr B wrote:

You were right. I give you credit.

Schoon might be a wasted pick though...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:14 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I think Schoon might be o.k. I did want to go O-line instead though.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,470

Post#27 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:54 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Unfortunately the defense is doing the polar opposite.

Anyone else concerned about the defense? Because our offense isn't putting up 41 on San Fran....no offense is.

I hope I didn't offend anyone last night in the general. I'm way too emotionally attached to the team. Which I'm in the process of working on. But after a few drinks, you never know... :wink:

Fwiw Geno has really good numbers when he isn't pressured. I think he was 2nd in the league in success rate when he's kept clean. His struggles come against the blitz. So, I think that's where Dallas made a mistake (game plan). If you get to Geno, he's prone to making mistakes. But if given time, he will pick apart any defense. We kind of saw that playout last night. Having Abe Lucas back in the lineup certainly helped some. But I think Geno did a good job for the most part of getting rid of the ball quickly.

Bland had a rough night. But Metcalf is going to win against single coverage most of the time.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Fwiw Geno has really good numbers when he isn't pressured. I think he was 2nd in the league in success rate when he's kept clean. His struggles come against the blitz. So, I think that's where Dallas made a mistake (game plan). If you get to Geno, he's prone to making mistakes. But if given time, he will pick apart any defense. We kind of saw that playout last night. Having Abe Lucas back in the lineup certainly helped some. But I think Geno did a good job for the most part of getting rid of the ball quickly.

Bland had a rough night. But Metcalf is going to win against single coverage most of the time. You don't want to leave him on an island with anyone. He's bigger, stronger & will out physical most DB's.

Our defense played like crap last night. I don't think most of the posters in the general are giving the Cowboys enough credit for this win. You guys were coming off two straight losses and 3 out of the last 4. You guys threw the whole kitchen sink at us last night and we survived. Cowboys haven't responded well at times when they get punched in the face. I also thought the officials were so bad on both sides it was hard to scheme on both sides. You guys just need to get healthy and I still see you guys in the playoffs. You have so many nice pieces and skill players on both sides.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#29 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:05 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I hope I didn't offend anyone last night in the general. I'm way too emotionally attached to the team. After a few drinks, you never know... :wink:

Bland had a rough night. But Metcalf is going to win against single coverage most of the time.

Well you didn't offend me. Geno is a good QB IMO. I think Dallas tried to get after him but just couldn't, he didn't waste any time getting the ball out. This is what Purdy did too and IIRC we didn't sack him once.

The QBs that sit back there making reads, they get eaten up by this D, but I think SF and Seattle came with the correct game plan.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:22 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Both Dak and Lamb came with the same energy too. This offense is starting to gel and the unit all has each other's back.

My only concern is at LB. We are so slim there. Out side of that, not really. Bland, the defense and Quinn's scheme was just all around not good. They did look a little tired which happens 3 or 4 times a year. Cowboys have played 3 games in 11 days. We need some rest which we will get this week.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,470

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Bland had a rough night. But Metcalf is going to win against single coverage most of the time. You don't want to leave him on an island with anyone. He's bigger, stronger & will out physical most DB's.

Our defense played like crap last night. I don't think most of the posters in the general are giving the Cowboys enough credit for this win. You guys were coming off two straight losses and 3 out of the last 4. You guys threw the whole kitchen sink at us last night and we survived. Cowboys haven't responded well at times when they get punched in the face. I also thought the officials were so bad on both sides it was hard to scheme on both sides. You guys just need to get healthy and I still see you guys in the playoffs. You have so many nice pieces and skill players on both sides.

This team remains a fringe playoff contender. But until Carroll is replaced, I don't see much changing. Coaching & an outdated approach remains the issue.

As good as Dak & this Cowboys offense can be, they shouldn't be giving up 41 points with the talent that they do have. As well as losing to the Rams twice.

I'm not going to point fingers or blame officiating.

Fans are ready for change. But instead, we're stuck with the status quo.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yea, if you look at the 3 games they’ve played against winning teams and the defense is averaging giving up 35 points per game. That’s not good at all.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Schoon will be fine too. By this point next year the Cowboys will have 2 really good TE’s.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I tried to tell you guys at the beginning of the season that they were ok at TE and it would just take some time.

I think Schoon might be o.k. I did want to go O-line instead though.

Yea even though I think Schoon will be a good TE and OL would have been a better pick. Or Zach Charbonnet would have been a better pick.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

My only concern is at LB. We are so slim there. Out side of that, not really. Bland, the defense and Quinn's scheme was just all around not good. They did look a little tired which happens 3 or 4 times a year. Cowboys have played 3 games in 11 days. We need some rest which we will get this week.

Even if Shaq Leonard has lost a step or two he’d be an immense help to this defense right now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:34 pm

Q: How many Egals fans does it take to change a flat tire?
A: Only one, unless its a blowout and then they all show up. :falloff:
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#37 » by linery88 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 11:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:18 am

Egals took a whooping tonight. There in line for another one next week !!!
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#39 » by linery88 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:10 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Egals took a whooping tonight. There in line for another one next week !!!

I,d rather take Leonard from them first which looks like it might happen,then we will squeak out a win regardless if we get Leonard or not;but our defense was gassed last game with all the games played before.Philthy will be highly pissed about today,and come out hard.AJ Brown is hard on Bland.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:14 am

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Egals took a whooping tonight. There in line for another one next week !!!

I,d rather take Leonard from them first which looks like it might happen,then we will squeak out a win regardless if we get Leonard or not;but our defense was gassed last game with all the games played before.Philthy will be highly pissed about today,and come out hard.AJ Brown is hard on Bland.

Leonard or no Leonard, I have a feeling it won't matter. Feels like another whooping for the Egals coming up.

Return to Dallas Cowboys