ImageImageImageImage

Game #13 Vs. The Egals !

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Game #13 Vs. The Egals ! 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:56 pm

Well its Egals and we are flying high with a nice win streak. Time to beat a team with a winning record to prove we are legit moving forward. I really hope the defense plays a lot better than they did last week. I was not happy with the defense at all. Do I miss LVE and Overshown.
Lets be highly physical and play a clean game. no turnovers and keep penalties under 4. I think Dak can pick apart the Egal secondary if the O-line continues to play well.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Re: Game #13 Vs. The Egals ! 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 6, 2023 6:20 pm

The Cowboys should have a good chance at winning this game. I think these two teams are fairly even. Dallas has the home field advantage though (in this game) with 14 straight home wins.

The question is will McCarthy be there? He’s having an appendectomy today but says he plans to coach this Sunday. Normal recovery time is 10-14 days so we will see.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#3 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 6, 2023 9:56 pm

I think it will be close but I do think Dallas should win this. The feeling I got the first game was that we were the better team despite losing.

We had 406 total yards of offense, they had 292

Dak almost threw for 400 yards against them so I know we can move the ball on them...we need our defense to hold them to 21 or less
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#4 » by linery88 » Thu Dec 7, 2023 5:48 am

They are weak up the middle on defense.
If we spread them out,and run it up the middle with our offense,we can do a lot of things.
Our defense will be well rested.
After 4 games in 18 days our defense allowed 28 17 10 10 pts then the Seattle game which made it 5 games in 25 days.
Phil 23 Dall 33
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 7, 2023 3:12 pm

This game will define us moving forward and determine our playoff path. Is this a must win? IMHO, yes. Huge test for Dak and the whole team. We have to prove after 2 decades of failure that we can finally over come the last 2 hurdles. The first hurdle comes this weekend. Beating an elite playoff team with the division title on the line in December. We can't be elite or expected to make it to a Super bowl or expect anyone to take us seriously till we start winning these types of games.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#6 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 7, 2023 4:04 pm

This is not a must win, our current playoff matchup is the Falcons and I am happy with that. I'll be honest, I care very little for winning the division this year. Unless I thought we could get the BYE, but we can't because we lost H2H to SF.

I do not think this game will determine much in terms of the post season.

Our "must win" games are now just the post season games...when we inevitably play either SF or PHI to determine our ultimate fate.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 7, 2023 4:41 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:This is not a must win, our current playoff matchup is the Falcons and I am happy with that. I'll be honest, I care very little for winning the division this year. Unless I thought we could get the BYE, but we can't because we lost H2H to SF.

Our "must win" games are now just the post season games...when we inevitably play either SF or PHI to determine our ultimate fate.

Come on Micah. You really think we can beat the Falcons, Egals and Whiners all on the road and make it to the Super bowl? If we can beat the Egals this week, and perhaps very badly, I expect them to cave down the stretch giving us a great opportunity to win the division and a great chance at the top seed. Whiners have some tough games they could lose. And Dak really needs this game. Feels like Dak wants to make amends for past failures. Can't explain it. Dak and this team just feels different right now. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I'm mean the odds are now in favor of us winning something in spite of Jerry. McCarthy has been working his ass of this year knowing his job is on the line. Jimmy has been inducted. Seems the stars are aligning this year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#8 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 7, 2023 5:42 pm

We just need to beat the Eagles in playoff game #2....and THEN, hope that SF has lost one it's first two playoff games. They lost 3 in a row this year so it is definitely possible. In fact I could see them losing to Green Bay.

This coming Sunday is just a preview as I see it, and it would be very nice to win it, but I don't view it as a must-win game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Dec 7, 2023 5:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:This is not a must win, our current playoff matchup is the Falcons and I am happy with that. I'll be honest, I care very little for winning the division this year. Unless I thought we could get the BYE, but we can't because we lost H2H to SF.

Strictly from a confidence standpoint, this one seems like a must win. Add to it that the remainder of the Eagles schedule doesn’t really provide any stiff competition, I think this is a game that we had better win “just in case”. I still think the Niners have another loss in them (Rat Birds?) and I’d rather take my chances at home if possible.

One never knows… so let’s win out and see what happens. But in the end, that damn loss in Phoenix will be what keeps our heroes from playing ay home in the playoffs IMHO.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#10 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 7, 2023 6:05 pm

If we got crushed, then yeah that would be a confidence deflator, but if it was neck and neck like the last match up and we lost again? I think that would have Dallas pumped for revenge in the post season.

I think mostly I have mentally conceded that the BYE is impossible, and winning the NFCE is highly unlikely given that even if we win Philly still has the tie breaker, and our schedule is so much harder than theirs. So knowing already that we are a Wild Card, I don't place "must-win" type importance on this game. It's definitely a test for this team, but we can survive a loss.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 7, 2023 6:13 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:If we got crushed, then yeah that would be a confidence deflator, but if it was neck and neck like the last match up and we lost again? I think that would have Dallas pumped for revenge in the post season.

I think mostly I have mentally conceded that the BYE is impossible, and winning the NFCE is highly unlikely given that even if we win Philly still has the tie breaker, and our schedule is so much harder than theirs. So knowing already that we are a Wild Card, I don't place "must-win" type importance on this game. It's definitely a test for this team, but we can survive a loss.

Are you admitting the Super Bowl and NFC championship isn't your top priority?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#12 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 7, 2023 6:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:If we got crushed, then yeah that would be a confidence deflator, but if it was neck and neck like the last match up and we lost again? I think that would have Dallas pumped for revenge in the post season.

huh? how did you conclude that?

That post was an explaining why I don't believe this game is a "must-win".

As in, we can still win the SB if we lost this game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 7, 2023 6:23 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You won't admit our best path to where we all want to go is winning the division and at least one home game? And if we lose this game, what hope and feeling should we all have moving forward that is different from the previous 3? Its time to beat an elite team at home. its been a long time. We need this win and need to make this statement. If not the narrative goes back to Dak and Mike can't win the big ones.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#14 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 7, 2023 6:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Are you admitting the Super Bowl and NFC championship isn't your top priority?

You won't admit our best path to where we all want to go is winning the division and at least one home game? And if we lose this game, what hope and feeling should we all have moving forward that is different from the previous 3? Its time to beat an elite team at home. its been a long time. We need this win and need to make this statement. If not the narrative goes back to Dak and Mike can't win the big ones.

Our best path is to win out, yes.

I'm just not declaring it a "must win".

We can survive a loss, just like we survived the last loss to Philly. It's the one in the playoffs that we "must win".
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 7, 2023 7:05 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:huh? how did you conclude that?

We can survive a loss, just like we survived the last loss to Philly. It's the one in the playoffs that we "must win".

I don't enjoy being a 5 or 6 seed every year when we do make the playoffs. It doesn't work out.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#16 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 7, 2023 7:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You won't admit our best path to where we all want to go is winning the division and at least one home game? And if we lose this game, what hope and feeling should we all have moving forward that is different from the previous 3? Its time to beat an elite team at home. its been a long time. We need this win and need to make this statement. If not the narrative goes back to Dak and Mike can't win the big ones.

I don't enjoy being a 5 or 6 seed every year when we do make the playoffs. It doesn't work out.

Regardless of what seed we enter the playoffs as, we are going to have to face either SF or PHI or BOTH in the post season.

The seed that matters most is the #1 as you get a BYE, and that spot is pretty much unobtainable for us. That requires us to win out from here and PHI and SF to both have 2+ losses which is highly unlikely.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 7, 2023 8:14 pm

You also realize your boy is on the hot seat here. He loses this game you can forget about MVP. And then that horrible cloud once again emerges that Dak can't win a big game vs. an elite team when the lights are shining brightly.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#18 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 7, 2023 9:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You also realize your boy is on the hot seat here. He loses this game you can forget about MVP. And then that horrible cloud once again emerges that Dak can't win a big game vs. an elite team when the lights are shining brightly.

I don't care about the "cloud". Dak is never NOT on the "hot seat". That is a permanent place for all Dallas QBs.

There is no scenario for him going into the playoffs where he doesn't have to prove himself. In fact if we won out from here and he wins MVP it would only make that worse, he would have to prove he is deserving of MVP in the post season.

Dak is really good at ignoring all the BJJs out there though...he is the author of his own story, not you, remember.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#19 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 7, 2023 9:15 pm

The main problem for Dak in the post season isn't Dak though...it's the fact that this is a TEAM sport like I've been saying since I joined this forum.

Dak is a better QB than Purdy...but Purdy is on a much better TEAM...and that is out of Dak's control. He can't dictate that part of his outcome. The defense has to step up, and so does Steele and the oline, the WRs need to catch this time, Gallup needs to come back for it, etc.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#20 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 8, 2023 3:23 pm

Yea I wouldn’t call this game a must win. It’s definitely one you want to win but it’s not a must win game. Their season does not hinge on this one game.

This game is more of a “must win” for Philly than it is for Dallas. They are coming off a blowout loss to San Fran and would go from the #1 seed (with home field advantage) to the 5th seed with a loss on Sunday.

Return to Dallas Cowboys