Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Re: Game #13 Vs. The Egals ! 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 8, 2023 3:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You won't admit our best path to where we all want to go is winning the division and at least one home game? And if we lose this game, what hope and feeling should we all have moving forward that is different from the previous 3? Its time to beat an elite team at home. its been a long time. We need this win and need to make this statement. If not the narrative goes back to Dak and Mike can't win the big ones.

Our best path is to win out, yes.

I'm just not declaring it a "must win".

We can survive a loss, just like we survived the last loss to Philly. It's the one in the playoffs that we "must win".

I don't enjoy being a 5 or 6 seed every year when we do make the playoffs. It doesn't work out.

In all fairness being the #1 seed hasn’t exactly worked out for the Cowboys either, at least not under Romo it didn’t.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#22 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 8, 2023 3:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The main problem for Dak in the post season isn't Dak though...it's the fact that this is a TEAM sport like I've been saying since I joined this forum.

Dak is a better QB than Purdy...but Purdy is on a much better TEAM...and that is out of Dak's control. He can't dictate that part of his outcome. The defense has to step up, and so does Steele and the oline, the WRs need to catch this time, Gallup needs to come back for it, etc.

At the end of the day unfortunately for Dak none of that matters. By being the QB he’s going to get the bulk of the glory and a bulk of the hate. Like you said that just comes with the position of being the Cowboys QB. If the team doesn’t win in the playoffs it will be looked at as Dak’s loss. That will be his legacy. Same as if he were to play bad but they have playoff success he would go down as a winner. I don’t make the rules, that’s just the way it is fair or not.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#23 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 8, 2023 3:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The main problem for Dak in the post season isn't Dak though...it's the fact that this is a TEAM sport like I've been saying since I joined this forum.

Dak is a better QB than Purdy...but Purdy is on a much better TEAM...and that is out of Dak's control. He can't dictate that part of his outcome. The defense has to step up, and so does Steele and the oline, the WRs need to catch this time, Gallup needs to come back for it, etc.

At the end of the day unfortunately for Dak none of that matters. By being the QB he’s going to get the bulk of the glory and a bulk of the hate. Like you said that just comes with the position of being the Cowboys QB. If the team doesn’t win in the playoffs it will be looked at as Dak’s loss. That will be his legacy. Same as if he were to play bad but they have playoff success he would go down as a winner. I don’t make the rules, that’s just the way it is fair or not.

Yeah well it's time for perceptions to change. Football is not a boxing match between 2 QBs, it's so much more complex than that and the stance that it is all about the QB is an insult to the sport itself and everyone else playing the game.

But also I think I've come to terms with the fact that perceptions don't matter that much. Romo never won a ring and it isn't stopping him from enjoying life and the sport. If he had snagged a ring then sure he'd be viewed as a Dallas legend and a HOFer but he seems grounded in the reality that life is bigger than that and in the grand scheme of things he's better off than most.

Romo's life views *should be* the fans views as well. It would be nice if Dallas won another ring sometime soon but if they don't we can still enjoy rooting for the team regardless. The BJJs out there are not of that nature, they watch with actual hatred.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 8, 2023 5:30 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Yeah well it's time for perceptions to change. Football is not a boxing match between 2 QBs, it's so much more complex than that and the stance that it is all about the QB is an insult to the sport itself and everyone else playing the game.

But also I think I've come to terms with the fact that perceptions don't matter that much. Romo never won a ring and it isn't stopping him from enjoying life and the sport. If he had snagged a ring then sure he'd be viewed as a Dallas legend and a HOFer but he seems grounded in the reality that life is bigger than that and in the grand scheme of things he's better off than most.

Romo's life views *should be* the fans views as well. It would be nice if Dallas won another ring sometime soon but if they don't we can still enjoy rooting for the team regardless. The BJJs out there are not of that nature, they watch with actual hatred.

I haven't watched one game this year with hatred. I just hate Dak, Jerry and McCarthy but still root for them every week. You really think after being a Cowboys fans now for 53 years that Dak is the only one I've hated? Even Mr. B and Otis can give you some names as well. Even Landry made some mistakes. Except for the Arizona and S.F game, I've enjoyed the whole season to this point. As a matter of fact, I have watched every game they played this year at least 2 times.
Still enjoying a season without winning a Super Bowl goes only so far. 28 years is kinda a long time don't you think? Jerry just loves fans like you. He has a certain lifestyle to maintain at your expense.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#25 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:At the end of the day unfortunately for Dak none of that matters. By being the QB he’s going to get the bulk of the glory and a bulk of the hate. Like you said that just comes with the position of being the Cowboys QB. If the team doesn’t win in the playoffs it will be looked at as Dak’s loss. That will be his legacy. Same as if he were to play bad but they have playoff success he would go down as a winner. I don’t make the rules, that’s just the way it is fair or not.

I haven't watched one game this year with hatred. I just hate Dak, Jerry and McCarthy but still root for them every week. You really think after being a Cowboys fans now for 53 years that Dak is the only one I've hated? Even Mr. B and Otis can give you some names as well. Even Landry made some mistakes. Except for the Arizona and S.F game, I've enjoyed the whole season to this point. As a matter of fact, I have watched every game they played this year at least 2 times.
Still enjoying a season without winning a Super Bowl goes only so far. 28 years is kinda a long time don't you think? Jerry just loves fans like you. He has a certain lifestyle to maintain at your expense.

28 years is a while yes, but with 32 teams if every team were equal that would be 1 ring every 32 years.

Here's the deal though, Jerry, McCarthy, Dak, and the entire franchise do not owe you a damn thing. They are playing for your entertainment, but they do not owe you a ring. If they bring us one? Awesome! If they don't? oh well onto the next year. Thank you for the memories good or bad.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 8, 2023 8:37 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah well it's time for perceptions to change. Football is not a boxing match between 2 QBs, it's so much more complex than that and the stance that it is all about the QB is an insult to the sport itself and everyone else playing the game.

28 years is a while yes, but with 32 teams if every team were equal that would be 1 ring every 32 years.

Here's the deal though, Jerry, McCarthy, Dak, and the entire franchise do not owe you a damn thing. They are playing for your entertainment, but they do not owe you a ring. If they bring us one? Awesome! If they don't? oh well onto the next year. Thank you for the memories good or bad.

Thanks for proving my point. :thumbsup: No, the deal is Jerry and Cowboy nation wants a Super Bowl. Jerry has been trying to win a Super bowl since Jimmy was run out of town because he has wanted to prove everyone wrong about him. Even he feels he owes us all and himself a Super bowl. And even though football is entertaining, I hardly doubt the expectations Jerry laid out before the season started made me think it was for entertainment purposes only, otherwise McCarthy's job would not be on the line and Dak's extension and possible future with the Cowboys moving forward as well.
I'm sure every player on the team has the same expectation or we don't have the right guys. So no. Cowboy nation is owed a Super Bowl. We have been promised one for over 2 decades. Cowboy fans have remained loyal for the most part and we are worth 9 billion now. 4 billion more than the next closest teams. Dak has made a boat load of cash the past 8 years. Time for a return our investment.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Even if Dak never wins a ring Romo and Dak have already won at life. No one is feeling sorry for them even if Dak never wins another game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:At the end of the day unfortunately for Dak none of that matters. By being the QB he’s going to get the bulk of the glory and a bulk of the hate. Like you said that just comes with the position of being the Cowboys QB. If the team doesn’t win in the playoffs it will be looked at as Dak’s loss. That will be his legacy. Same as if he were to play bad but they have playoff success he would go down as a winner. I don’t make the rules, that’s just the way it is fair or not.

Even if Dak never wins a ring Romo and Dak have already won at life. No one is feeling sorry for them even if Dak never wins another game.

I know. How will Dak survive on only $58 mill this year, right. I'm sure he is also doing well with endorsements.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#29 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:04 am

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#30 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:46 am

Love this. Lost his mom to that.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mr B » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah well it's time for perceptions to change. Football is not a boxing match between 2 QBs, it's so much more complex than that and the stance that it is all about the QB is an insult to the sport itself and everyone else playing the game.

I know. How will Dak survive on only $58 mill this year, right. I'm sure he is also doing well with endorsements.

Not to mention about to have a baby with this smoking hot Mexican girl.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:08 pm

Today we find out if we are truly a Super Bowl contender.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#33 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Even if Dak never wins a ring Romo and Dak have already won at life. No one is feeling sorry for them even if Dak never wins another game.

Not to mention about to have a baby with this smoking hot Mexican girl.

Yeah Daks life is great, as is Romos. That's my point. If they aren't losing sleep over their "legend status" then neither should anyone else.

They both are/were great QBs regardless
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Our best path is to win out, yes.

I'm just not declaring it a "must win".

We can survive a loss, just like we survived the last loss to Philly. It's the one in the playoffs that we "must win".

I don't enjoy being a 5 or 6 seed every year when we do make the playoffs. It doesn't work out.

In all fairness being the #1 seed hasn’t exactly worked out for the Cowboys either, at least not under Romo it didn’t.

I would be more confident we get by the divisional round if we could at least have one playoff game at home.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:15 pm

December football. Tom Landry taught us the importance. Jimmy Johnson reinforced it. Time to hitch up our britches and go get it !!!!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:37 pm

Nice original post…

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:58 am

Micah with the sick…

Hope he destroys.

LET’S GO!!!!!
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,006

Post#38 » by Fierce1 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:18 am

One of the biggest regular season games in Cowboys history.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#39 » by Fierce1 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:18 am

Cowboys win and it will reinforce Dak's status as MVP candidate.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#40 » by Fierce1 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:31 am

Great opening drive.

Play calling excellent!

Return to Dallas Cowboys