Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - Cowboys 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You don't think this is a good draft?

I couldn't disagree more with that take. If you have a top 10-12 pick, you're going to get a really good player. Especially if 4-5 QB's go earlier as expected. This draft is loaded with blue chip types at the top of the draft. QB's, WR's, OT's.

Now, last year's draft was awful in comparison. You had two RB's go in the first 12 picks. It really speaks to just how bad of a draft class it ended up being.

Outside of O-lineman and WR, I think this draft class is just alright. I think all the QB's are over rated and over hyped.

It's top heavy. There are 8-10 blue chips prospects. But the QB's will push some good players down the board. If you're picking somewhere in the teens, then you'll likely get a really good player. The talent level is so much better this year (than last) at the top of the draft.

The backend of the draft (Rounds 4-7) isn't very good. There's a significant drop off in talent on day three. But otherwise, it's a really solid draft.

Good for you guys, not for us. You just love rubbing it into the Cowboys, don't ya? :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,474

Post#22 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Good for you guys, not for us. You just love rubbing it into the Cowboys, don't ya? :wink:

Honestly, I'm upset that we don't have a higher pick this year. If we had a top 5 pick this year, I'd be much happier. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Good for you guys, not for us. You just love rubbing it into the Cowboys, don't ya? :wink:

Honestly, I'm upset that we don't have a higher pick this year. If we had a top 5 pick this year, I'd be much happier. :wink:

Hey, you could be in our position with a meddling owner that still don't know s..t after 29 years of failure. :curse:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:55 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I think you guys should trade for Dak. :nod:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#25 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:56 pm

Witherspoon is a really good player. But he might not be a top 10 pick this year if he came out. That's how good this draft is.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:59 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Witherspoon is a really good player. But he might not be a top 10 pick this year if he came out. That's how good this draft is.

Your being over dramatic here and the draft isn't that good. You watch too much tv. :wink: :lol:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,050

2024 NFL Draft - Cowboys 

Post#27 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wouldn't pay any of them top dollar till they show up in the playoffs. None of them showed up and at this point, with the situation the way it currently is, with a lame duck coach coming back, I would trade all of them for picks in the draft. Making Parsons and Lamb the highest paid players at their position is suicide. Plus they don't deserve it.

I would not be opposed to that. The only problem is this is really not a great draft. The best player to come out of this draft will likely be an OL. I would be looking to trade for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year for Lamb and at least two 1sts for Parsons.

You don't think this is a good draft?

I couldn't disagree more with that take. If you have a top 10-12 pick, you're going to get a really good player. Especially if 4-5 QB's go earlier as expected. This draft is loaded with blue chip types at the top of the draft. QB's, WR's, OT's.

Now, last year's draft was awful in comparison. You had two RB's go in the first 12 picks. It really speaks to just how bad of a draft class it ended up being.

There is nothing spectacular about this draft. Marvin Jr is the only player that really stands out. The top QB’s are good but none are considered generational talents. This draft is loaded with good (not great) OL and WR prospects.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:02 am

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I would not be opposed to that. The only problem is this is really not a great draft. The best player to come out of this draft will likely be an OL. I would be looking to trade for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year for Lamb and at least two 1sts for Parsons.

You don't think this is a good draft?

There is nothing spectacular about this draft. Marvin Jr is the only player that really stands out. The top QB’s are good but none are considered generational talents. This draft is loaded with good (not great) OL and WR prospects.

Caleb is definitely a generational type. You may not agree. But he's legitimately thought of as one of those. He's probably the best QB prospect to come along since Luck.

Five or six QB's could end going in Round 1. Some years, you might only have two or three go in the first.

You have three legit #1 caliber WR's at the top. Both Nabers & Odunze would be the #1 Receiver taken in most years. In fact, I like Nabers a little more than Harrison overall as a prospect.

Terms like "generational TE" are being thrown around with Brock Bowers.

It's also considered the deepest offensive line draft in years. You might end up with as many as 8-10 that go in the 1st round alone.

The D-line group is solid. LB is maybe better than it's given credit. Same deal with DB's as a whole.

Is it a good draft for RB's? No. But it's pretty damn good at a lot of key positions.

So, when you take all of that into consideration, this draft is much better than you seem to realize. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:35 am

Doesn't trip my trigger. :rolleyes:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#30 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Doesn't trip my trigger. :rolleyes:

I would much rather own multiple picks this year vs. past years. Which is precisely why I believe Chicago is in a great spot. They are set up for long-term success. Caleb can have the same type of impact that Burrow had with Cincinnati. It makes them a contender.

I might have to adopt them as my other team if they land Odunze. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I would much rather own multiple picks this year vs. past years. Which is precisely why I believe Chicago is in a great spot. They are set up for long-term success. Caleb can have the same type of impact that Burrow had with Cincinnati. It makes them a contender.

Bears have a bad habit of screwing up their picks, especially when it comes to QB's. OL and WR is a bit top heavy but imho, this draft is kinda weak.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#32 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Bears have a bad habit of screwing up their picks, especially when it comes to QB's. OL and WR is a bit top heavy but imho, this draft is kinda weak.

All it takes is one guy to change the perception of a team. Caleb is that guy. Their new gm has done a remarkable job. Accumulating picks. They took advantage of a desperate team in Carolina, last year. Now, they are set up to contend in the NFC.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I would much rather own multiple picks this year vs. past years. Which is precisely why I believe Chicago is in a great spot. They are set up for long-term success. Caleb can have the same type of impact that Burrow had with Cincinnati. It makes them a contender.

All it takes is one guy to change the perception of a team. Caleb is that guy. Their new gm has done a remarkable job. Accumulating picks. They took advantage of a desperate team in Carolina, last year. Now, they are set up to contend in the NFC.

I think you drink too much wine. :wink: :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#34 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Bears have a bad habit of screwing up their picks, especially when it comes to QB's. OL and WR is a bit top heavy but imho, this draft is kinda weak.

Mahomes, Josh Allen, Burrow...that's the kind of impact he could have. Especially with the team they're building around him. They traded for Keenan Allen & will likely add another piece with the ninth pick. I think they'll eventually have to upgrade the HC. But if they add the right pieces, they could be contenders in a year or two. Especially in a weak conference. You'd be crazy to think otherwise.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:All it takes is one guy to change the perception of a team. Caleb is that guy. Their new gm has done a remarkable job. Accumulating picks. They took advantage of a desperate team in Carolina, last year. Now, they are set up to contend in the NFC.

Mahomes, Josh Allen, Burrow...that's the kind of impact he could have. Especially with the team they're building around him. They traded for Keenan Allen & will likely add another piece with the ninth pick. I think they'll eventually have to upgrade the HC. But if they add the right pieces, they could be contenders in a year or two. Especially in a weak conference. You'd be crazy to think otherwise.

Don't see it. You have fallen into the over hypeness of it all. I'd be surprised if he even lasts more than halfway through the season. I believe the Bears made a mistake here. They should have kept Fields and traded down and gained 3 first round draft choices and loaded up on the OL and perhaps still pick up a QB along the way.
I think its time for Jack intervention. :wink: :lol:

Return to Dallas Cowboys