ImageImageImageImage

2024 NFL Draft - Cowboys

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

2024 NFL Draft - Cowboys 

Post#1 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:15 am

I know it’s WAY too early but a guy declared for the draft today that I REALLY hope the Cowboys draft. Jackson Powers-Johnson the Center from Oregon. He’s the best Center in the draft and would be great playing next to Tyler Smith for the next 10 years.

They would have to draft him in the 2nd round. It in my opinion that is a NEED position. Not because Biadasz is a bad player but this team has not been the same since they lost Travis Fredrick. He was elite at calling out the protections pre-snap and was an absolute anchor at Center. Just my opinion.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - Cowboys 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:13 am

I hope we draft 2 O-lineman and 2 LB's. Would love to take a stud LB in the first round.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#3 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:38 pm

So....

neither of you want to draft a QB? :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#4 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:22 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:So....

neither of you want to draft a QB? :lol:

I want them to draft a QB ever 2-3 years regardless of who the starter is. Not necessarily in rounds 1 or 2 though. They definitely need more OL and LB help. I also hope they take a RB. I would not be opposed to drafting a RB in round 1 either.

I just started this thread because I saw that Jackson Powers-Johnson declared for the draft. This team was at its best when they e had a dominant Center.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:27 pm

What would you guys think about drafting a RB high in the draft this off season? Some of the early mock drafts have the Cowboys taking TreVeyon Henderson from Ohio St in the 2nd round. Right now he’s rated as the best RB in the draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:40 pm

Mr B wrote:What would you guys think about drafting a RB high in the draft this off season? Some of the early mock drafts have the Cowboys taking TreVeyon Henderson from Ohio St in the 2nd round. Right now he’s rated as the best RB in the draft.

No objection here. Just remember we will be picking at the end of each round it appears. Anything in the top 15 is pretty much out of the conversation.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#7 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:42 pm

We definitely need a RB.

We are going to lose Gillmore so probably need another CB, can't have enough of those. Although maybe it would be worth it to franchise him IDK.

We need OL as stated. Steele maybe the worst contract in the history of the franchise, what a blunder there. He is by far the weakest link on this team.

LBs too obvioulsy. We have no idea what Overshown even is.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We definitely need a RB.

We are going to lose Gillmore so probably need another CB, can't have enough of those. Although maybe it would be worth it to franchise him IDK.

We need OL as stated. Steele maybe the worst contract in the history of the franchise, what a blunder there. He is by far the weakest link on this team.

LBs too obvioulsy. We have no idea what Overshown even is.

I don’t know, I could see Gilmore resigning for a team friendly deal. He will be 34 so I wouldn’t expect any team to give him big money. Also remember when he was traded here he specifically asked the Colts to trade him to Dallas. So I could see taking a team friendly deal to retire a Cowboy. I also would not be opposed to drafting a CB late like they did with Bland last year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#9 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:56 pm

I just really want to know how our cap space is dealt with going forward

-Dak Prescott
-CeeDee Lamb
-Micah Parsons

All 3 of them are going to want to be the highest paid at their position

Is it even possible to keep all 3?

That is 3 really massive contracts
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:59 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I just really want to know how our cap space is dealt with going forward

-Dak Prescott
-CeeDee Lamb
-Micah Parsons

They will figure it out. All three will get resigned. Dak’s new contract likely will help them resign CeeDee and Parsons.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#11 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:12 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I just really want to know how our cap space is dealt with going forward

-Dak Prescott
-CeeDee Lamb
-Micah Parsons

They will figure it out. All three will get resigned. Dak’s new contract likely will help them resign CeeDee and Parsons.

They'll have to back load it to hell which in return means we will be stuck with Dak forever.

I mean I have faith in Dak, but that kind of situation is going to drive the anti-Dak Cowboy fans insane.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#12 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:14 pm

I bet either CeeDee or Parson will get a franchise tag slapped on them...or both will
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:28 pm

Mr B wrote:

-Dak Prescott
-CeeDee Lamb
-Micah Parsons

Hopefully all 3 deals will be fair, but team friendly. Look what the chiefs are currently going through. Mahomes, Kelce and Jones all got their very nice contracts and now they are depending on rookie and second year WR's on the cheap because they really don't have a whole lot of choice at the moment. We will lose key pieces moving forward if Parsons, Lamb, and Dak command too much of the salary cap.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:33 pm

Mr B wrote:What would you guys think about drafting a RB high in the draft this off season? Some of the early mock drafts have the Cowboys taking TreVeyon Henderson from Ohio St in the 2nd round. Right now he’s rated as the best RB in the draft.

IMHO, I have no problem taking either LB, OL or RB as long as we focus on those positions in the first 5 rounds. Personally I would love to draft 2 LB's. You and I have been talking in here for 9 years so you already know what I am about to say. "You can Never have enough LB's". And for over a decade we have a hard time keeping them healthy as the season goes on year after year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:11 pm

Mr B wrote:

-Dak Prescott
-CeeDee Lamb
-Micah Parsons

I wouldn't pay any of them top dollar till they show up in the playoffs. None of them showed up and at this point, with the situation the way it currently is, with a lame duck coach coming back, I would trade all of them for picks in the draft. Making Parsons and Lamb the highest paid players at their position is suicide. Plus they don't deserve it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

-Dak Prescott
-CeeDee Lamb
-Micah Parsons

I wouldn't pay any of them top dollar till they show up in the playoffs. None of them showed up and at this point, with the situation the way it currently is, with a lame duck coach coming back, I would trade all of them for picks in the draft. Making Parsons and Lamb the highest paid players at their position is suicide. Plus they don't deserve it.

I would not be opposed to that. The only problem is this is really not a great draft. The best player to come out of this draft will likely be an OL. I would be looking to trade for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year for Lamb and at least two 1sts for Parsons.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#17 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:16 am

If we are letting Dak walk those two are easily affordable.

While we pay Trey Lance pennies.

No point in off loading everyone. And even if we did is highly unlikely we get players better than Lamb and Parsons. We got lucky with BOTH of those players. They magically fell to us.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#18 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:28 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:They will figure it out. All three will get resigned. Dak’s new contract likely will help them resign CeeDee and Parsons.

I would not be opposed to that. The only problem is this is really not a great draft. The best player to come out of this draft will likely be an OL. I would be looking to trade for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year for Lamb and at least two 1sts for Parsons.

You don't think this is a good draft?

I couldn't disagree more with that take. If you have a top 10-12 pick, you're going to get a really good player. Especially if 4-5 QB's go earlier as expected. This draft is loaded with blue chip types at the top of the draft. QB's, WR's, OT's.

Now, last year's draft was awful in comparison. You had two RB's go in the first 12 picks. It really speaks to just how bad of a draft class it ended up being.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wouldn't pay any of them top dollar till they show up in the playoffs. None of them showed up and at this point, with the situation the way it currently is, with a lame duck coach coming back, I would trade all of them for picks in the draft. Making Parsons and Lamb the highest paid players at their position is suicide. Plus they don't deserve it.

I couldn't disagree more with that take. If you have a top 10-12 pick, you're going to get a really good player. Especially if 4-5 QB's go earlier as expected. This draft is loaded with blue chip types at the top of the draft. QB's, WR's, OT's.

Now, last year's draft was awful in comparison. You had two RB's go in the first 12 picks. It really speaks to just how bad of a draft class it ended up being.

Outside of O-lineman and WR, I think this draft class is just alright. I think all the QB's are over rated and over hyped.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#20 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I would not be opposed to that. The only problem is this is really not a great draft. The best player to come out of this draft will likely be an OL. I would be looking to trade for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year for Lamb and at least two 1sts for Parsons.

Outside of O-lineman and WR, I think this draft class is just alright. I think all the QB's are over rated and over hyped.

It's top heavy. There are 8-10 blue chips prospects. But the QB's will push some good players down the board. If you're picking somewhere in the teens, then you'll likely get a really good player. The talent level is so much better this year (than last) at the top of the draft.

The backend of the draft (Rounds 4-7) isn't very good. There's a significant drop off in talent on day three. But if you're looking for difference makers early on, this is the draft.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to Dallas Cowboys