ImageImageImageImage

Game #15 vs. Miami Dolphins.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Game #15 vs. Miami Dolphins. 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:28 am

Hopefully the Cowboys will show up in Miami this week. One more loss and the division and playing a home playoff game goes out the window.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Re: Game #15 vs. Miami Dolphins. 

Post#2 » by linery88 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:03 am

I think they will show up after being humiliated.If the flu is completely gone.
They have to play a different style of defense if they want to stop the run better.Use Micah to help stop the run more.I think McCarthy knows this.This is what sucks about key injuries.Hard to know whats right going into a game.Its game by game.
Tyreek is not 100 percent at all,and Miami has been known to mess up at home to teams over .500.A sweet win for big D it would be.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#3 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:12 am

I feel like the Cowboys have a really good chance to win this game. Both teams are very similar. High scoring offenses when at home. Their record is built on beating bad teams. Both defenses are flawed, and its teams have a QB in the MVP conversation.

The Dolphins are at home so they’re the favorite. They have a really banged up OL though and Tua isn’t a runner. This could be a game where the pass rush feasts on their banged up OL.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#4 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=H6FldWD085-Wcj_7PTKSDQ&s=19

Spread is skewed on this game, Dallas should be the heavy favorite. I guess coming fresh off the Bills loss skewed it.

If we don't win this one, that is legit reason for concern.

Losing a cold rainy game in Buffalo is at least somewhat acceptable. Losing this game would not be.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:36 pm

The Dolphins just lost at home btw.... to the Tirans, who have Will Levis at QB
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:56 pm

Ramsey will most likely shut down Lamb. Pollard, Ferguson and Cooks will be key. If we can run the ball I feel we will win this game fairly easily. Unless the defense doesn't show up again.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by linery88 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:57 pm

This is gonna be a shootout.Both teams coming off **** loses. Dall30-Mia27
Mr B
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=H6FldWD085-Wcj_7PTKSDQ&s=19

Spread is skewed on this game, Dallas should be the heavy favorite. I guess coming fresh off the Bills loss skewed it.

If we don't win this one, that is legit reason for concern.

Losing a cold rainy game in Buffalo is at least somewhat acceptable. Losing this game would not be.

I don’t agree the Cowboys should be a heavy favorite. They have the same record and are very similar teams. The only difference is Miami will be at home. Dallas has been horrible on the road this year. Miami has been great on their home turf. The home team always gets 3 1/2 points too.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#9 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:43 am

Maybe "heavy favorite" was a bit much. But 3 of the starting line are gone.

They should run a ton, follow the Bills blueprint. If they can even do that with a 2nd string line.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:40 pm

Just found out Tyreek Hill is good to go for Sunday. I hope our D-line can't destroy Miami's O-line so we don't have to worry much about him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:12 pm

Just heard T. Smith is out today so now I am way more nervous. We have to score points today.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#12 » by Fierce1 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:35 am

Cowboys just can't stop the run.

Edoga made it really hard for Dak today.

This is just not the year the Cowboys return to the Super Bowl.

The run defense has to be fixed next season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#13 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:23 am

Fierce1 wrote:Cowboys just can't stop the run.

Edoga made it really hard for Dak today.

This is just not the year the Cowboys return to the Super Bowl.

The run defense has to be fixed next season.

We drafted Mazi Smith for this reason.

I'm pretty much ready to label him a bust.

Hankins is much better.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#14 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:25 am

On another note, this was one of McCarthy's worst coached games ever.

I've never seen a QB sneak on 2nd and long.

And that last play call at the goalline was just embarrassing.

The effort by Dak at the end to overcome McCarthy and score was amazing, is a shame the defense didn't come through at the end.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#15 » by Fierce1 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:26 pm

Cowboys also the most penalized team in the NFL.

Ain't winning a Super Bowl if they're that undisciplined.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:00 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Cowboys also the most penalized team in the NFL.

Nope, they definitely are not getting to (much less winning) a SB being that undisciplined. That’s a direct reflection on the HC.

So for the sake of this convo, what happens if the Cowboys lose in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs and they decide to move on from McCarthy. Who are some realistic options to replace him?

Do they go the coordinator route? Do they promote from within? Do they go the college route? Who are some realistic options?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:17 pm

Mr B wrote:

Nope, they definitely are not getting to (much less winning) a SB being that undisciplined. That’s a direct reflection on the HC.

So for the sake of this convo, what happens if the Cowboys lose in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs and they decide to move on from McCarthy. Who are some realistic options to replace him?

Do they go the coordinator route? Do they promote from within? Do they go the college route? Who are some realistic options?

At the moment Jim Harbaugh is on the top of my list. However, he is going to want some control of things and it will be up to Jerry if he will put his ego aside.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by linery88 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:38 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

At the moment Jim Harbaugh is on the top of my list. However, he is going to want some control of things and it will be up to Jerry if he will put his ego aside.

Fantasy dream pick... I wish John Harbaugh could be hypnotized to come here,and Jerry hypnotized to leave him alone.
The reality is,we need things to go perfectly to win on the road(good refs,no penalties..bad ones etc.
That first long drive if we dont fumble then we most likely win a close game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:55 am

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Nope, they definitely are not getting to (much less winning) a SB being that undisciplined. That’s a direct reflection on the HC.

Fantasy dream pick... I wish John Harbaugh could be hypnotized to come here,and Jerry hypnotized to leave him alone.
The reality is,we need things to go perfectly to win on the road(good refs,no penalties..bad ones etc.

No offense. But we are done for the year. Enjoy the last 3 weeks as much as you can. I'd be shocked if we did win 1 playoff game this year.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by linery88 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:At the moment Jim Harbaugh is on the top of my list. However, he is going to want some control of things and it will be up to Jerry if he will put his ego aside.

No offense. But we are done for the year. Enjoy the last 3 weeks as much as you can. I'd be shocked if we did win 1 playoff game this year.

So would I vs TB(road playoff),but my flicker of hope is the defense,and good luck.

Return to Dallas Cowboys