ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend vs. Green Bay Packers.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Re: Wild Card Weekend vs. Green Bay Packers. 

Post#81 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Belichick is rumored to really be interested in the Atlanta job.

Then we will have to go after Harbaugh or Vrabel,and hope one or both take the year off to think.
This is all Jerry,thinking he can do it his way.

None of these guys will be available next year. Even if they were Jerry wouldn’t hire them. This is not like the Parcels year when Jerry needed to convince the fan base to buy him a new stadium. So even if he does fire MM next year I would expect some other “yes man” to get the job. My money is on Kellen Moore being the Cowboys next head coach.

I,m still hoping he does hire either of them or any good option,especially if we suck next season,or repeat **** in the playoffs.
Fans are eventually going to start cancelling seasons tickets or something.Something has to give.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#82 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:32 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Nothing is going to change. I expect they will be closer to 8-9 next season because they will have a tougher schedule. They will also likely narrowly miss playoffs.

Just knowing McCarthy and Dak are coming back has ruined the draft and next season for me already. For me this is absolutely the worst news. And IMHO, bad for this team and organization moving forward. Onward through the fog of Jerry's ego, leadership and culture.

What if our first pick was a QB though?

I think we were going to have to let Dak play out next season no matter what. But if we knew they were grooming someone to replace him...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#83 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Nothing is going to change. I expect they will be closer to 8-9 next season because they will have a tougher schedule. They will also likely narrowly miss playoffs.

Just knowing McCarthy and Dak are coming back has ruined the draft and next season for me already. For me this is absolutely the worst news. And IMHO, bad for this team and organization moving forward. Onward through the fog of Jerry's ego, leadership and culture.

What if our first pick was a QB though?

I think we were going to have to let Dak play out next season no matter what. But if we knew they were grooming someone to replace him...

This is were I disagree. Kansas City won 3 straight division titles and a couple playoff games with Alex Smith and still moved on. Look Dak is not the guy. I want to roll the dice here. Use that money filling in the holes.
Dak has a no trade clause. But if he is willing to waive that, I can see teams like the Steelers, Patriots, maybe Minnesota or the Titans for a first round pick. And I would do it just to get rid of his contract and taking his cap hit this year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#84 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:00 pm

Good. No excuses then. Clean house.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#85 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:32 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

I would prefer a total disaster. 1-2 wins max. MM, Dan Quinn, and Jerry Jones all with extremely embarrassing seasons. I want this mother burned to the ground.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#86 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I would prefer a total disaster. 1-2 wins max. MM, Dan Quinn, and Jerry Jones all with extremely embarrassing seasons. I want this mother burned to the ground.

We'll win 14 games, Dak will win MVP, Parsons DMVP, lead the NFL in AllPro selections, and then lose round 1 of the playoffs
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#87 » by linery88 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:11 am

Cowboy fans entertaining reactions.

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#88 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:37 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

We'll win 14 games, Dak will win MVP, Parsons DMVP, lead the NFL in AllPro selections, and then lose round 1 of the playoffs

Not this year we won’t. Remember they will be playing a 1st place schedule. I’d honestly be surprised if they win 10 games. I’m thinking more 8-9 or 9-8. And to keep the streak alive, they will not win the NFC East.

They were very poor against winning teams this year. Luckily they only had what 3 games against winning teams this year. Next year’s schedule should be loaded with winning teams. I just don’t see them having a good season next year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#89 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I would prefer a total disaster. 1-2 wins max. MM, Dan Quinn, and Jerry Jones all with extremely embarrassing seasons. I want this mother burned to the ground.

Not this year we won’t. Remember they will be playing a 1st place schedule. I’d honestly be surprised if they win 10 games. I’m thinking more 8-9 or 9-8. And to keep the streak alive, they will not win the NFC East.

They were very poor against winning teams this year. Luckily they only had what 3 games against winning teams this year. Next year’s schedule should be loaded with winning teams. I just don’t see them having a good season next year.

We've finished 12-5 three years in a row now with this group. (Probably why Jerry doesn't want change)

We beat 3 teams who finished above .500 this season (Rams, Lions, Eagles)

And we are a better team than the Eagles.

Also strength of schedule is difficult to predict as the good and bad teams this season won't necessarily carry over as good or bad next season.

Return to Dallas Cowboys