ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend vs. Green Bay Packers.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Wild Card Weekend vs. Green Bay Packers. 

Post#61 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The only thing I can think is that maybe Jerry sees the current set up as for sure post season and doesn't want to threaten that.

So yeah, I guess we can expect a Dak contract coming.

I'm wondering how do we fill our holes. We have some big ones. If we pay Dak like they are all talking,
#1- we need a RB
#2- we need two more O-lineman
#3- we ABSOLUTELY NEED two LB's. I'm so tired of this LVE and Sean Lee crap we've been going through for over a decade. Once we lose
our top LB to injury our defense gets gashed beyond belief. LB needs to be an area of top priority. Depth wise as well. This area has
been ignored way too long now. Has to be addressed. Just can't all of this getting done in the off season and draft pay Dak so
much.
#4- Regarding Micah Parsons. For me, the jury is still out. I haven't made my mind out on him yet.
#5- I'm Keeping C.D. Lamb and paying him.
#6- I can't believe Dan Quinn is still here. It makes me scream 4 days later. :banghead:

I think I agree with every single thing you wrote here. Which feels weird :lol:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#62 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:37 pm

It is still just really weird to me how seemingly every player on the team fell flat in this game. Including our super stars Parsons and Lamb.

It does feel like a playoff curse of some sort.

And when you think of things along those terms then it doesn't matter who the coach is, who the QB is, who the stars are, etc.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#63 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:38 pm

Maybe the Jimmy curse just needs a full season to materialize...it happened mid season so it couldn't adjust that quickly
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#64 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The only thing I can think is that maybe Jerry sees the current set up as for sure post season and doesn't want to threaten that.

I'm wondering how do we fill our holes. We have some big ones. If we pay Dak like they are all talking,
#1- we need a RB
#3- we ABSOLUTELY NEED two LB's. I'm so tired of this LVE and Sean Lee crap we've been going through for over a decade. Once we lose
our top LB to injury our defense gets gashed beyond belief. LB needs to be an area of top priority. Depth wise as well. This area has
been ignored way too long now. Has to be addressed. Just can't all of this getting done in the off season and draft pay Dak so
much.
#4- Regarding Micah Parsons. For me, the jury is still out. I haven't made my mind out on him yet.
#6- I can't believe Dan Quinn is still here. It makes me scream 4 days later. :banghead:

I think I agree with every single thing you wrote here. Which feels weird :lol:

Just looking at our season like I have after the last 5. Its what's this team needs when the pom poms are layed to rest and the loyal fan hat comes off. Defense came apart once again when we lost our LB's and Diggs. We have fought hard the past 3 years on Dak. I put it to rest for a few weeks when we clinched a playoff spot and was kinda hoping to be wrong this one time. But how can you still say I was wrong about Dak after his most recent post season performance.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#65 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:49 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:It is still just really weird to me how seemingly every player on the team fell flat in this game. Including our super stars Parsons and Lamb.

It does feel like a playoff curse of some sort.

And when you think of things along those terms then it doesn't matter who the coach is, who the QB is, who the stars are, etc.

For me at the moment, Jerry's leadership and coaching is my biggest concern.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#66 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:13 pm

We were top-5 in pass defense, and even that looked worse than anyone could imagine this game. Somehow there were blown coverages all over the place. We did not see that ALL SEASON LONG.

I suppose when seemingly everything looks like crap, the only place to point is the coaching staff.

While there are some good guys mixed in there, I'd like to see a complete 100% purge of the coaching staff. ALL of them replaced. Just a completely new system from top to bottom.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#67 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

#1- we need a RB
been ignored way too long now. Has to be addressed. Just can't see all of this getting done in the off season and draft then pay Dak
so much.

You can fully expect he will be back. Hell Quinn might even get a raise. No one wants him anymore to be their HC. The Cowboys have no competition for his services and he will likely get a raise.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#68 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:I hope Belichik takes the year off.The pressure is going to be even more now to win.

I call BS. So you’re telling me that after almost 30 years NOW the pressure is on? Nothing is going to change.

Yes ,I feel the pressure from media,and fans will increase even more for them than it already has, to win,and win a playoff game.Thats all.
Doesn,t mean they are gonna win.I expect the same unless they get some run stoppers to go along with the good pass defenders.
I wrote this right after the McCarthy news was announced.
This is all Jerry.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Nothing is going to change. I expect they will be closer to 8-9 next season because they will have a tougher schedule. They will also likely narrowly miss playoffs.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#70 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:38 pm

Mr B wrote:Nothing is going to change. I expect they will be closer to 8-9 next season because they will have a tougher schedule. They will also likely narrowly miss playoffs.

Doubt that, it is difficult to miss the playoffs now with the new expansion.

But I do think it will likely be no different than the last 3 seasons. Do "well" in the regular season, then lose in the post season. So yeah, nothing changes.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:57 pm

I thought no way will he rehire MCarthy,but reading what an insider said is when I was not going to be surprised but tried to be hopeful for Belichik..The only hope/s is Belichik taking a year off now,and not liking his options of SD or ATL, then the speculation will begin in the media,and then that will put more pressure on McCarthy and the entire organization,and if they dont win a SB he will have to hire Belichik.
Stephen A was pleading that they hire Belichik.He roasted McCarthy for what he said in a short press conference today.

Stephen A. reacts to Cowboys retaining Mike McCarthy as HC instead of Bill Belichick

He,and Shannon Sharpe have been right all season about Dallas.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#72 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:12 pm

linery88 wrote:I thought no way will he rehire MCarthy,but reading what an insider said is when I was not going to be surprised but tried to be hopeful for Belichik..The only hope/s is Belichik taking a year off now,and not liking his options of SD or ATL, then the speculation will begin in the media,and then that will put more pressure on McCarthy and the entire organization,and if they dont win a SB he will have to hire Belichik.
Stephen A was pleading that they hire Belichik.He roasted McCarthy for what he said in a short press conference today.

Stephen A. reacts to Cowboys retaining Mike McCarthy as HC instead of Bill Belichick

Belichick is rumored to really be interested in the Atlanta job.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:I thought no way will he rehire MCarthy,but reading what an insider said is when I was not going to be surprised but tried to be hopeful for Belichik..The only hope/s is Belichik taking a year off now,and not liking his options of SD or ATL, then the speculation will begin in the media,and then that will put more pressure on McCarthy and the entire organization,and if they dont win a SB he will have to hire Belichik.

Then we will have to go after Harbaugh or Vrabel,and hope one or both take the year off to think.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#74 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:45 pm

Mr B wrote:Belichick is rumored to really be interested in the Atlanta job.

It makes no sense. Atlanta doesn't have a QB. They have some playmakers & a decent O-line. But the roster still has some holes.

Bill, at his age, should go to a situation that's ready to contend right away. The Philly job still might open up.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#75 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:46 pm

Mr B wrote:Nothing is going to change. I expect they will be closer to 8-9 next season because they will have a tougher schedule. They will also likely narrowly miss playoffs.

Just knowing McCarthy and Dak are coming back has ruined the draft and next season for me already. For me this is absolutely the worst news. And IMHO, bad for this team and organization moving forward. Onward through the fog of Jerry's ego, leadership and culture.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#76 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

It makes no sense. Atlanta doesn't have a QB. They have some playmakers & a decent O-line. But the roster still has some holes.

Bill, at his age, should go to a situation that's ready to contend right away. The Philly job might open up.

Bill has a second interview with Atlanta today.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#77 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Bill, at his age, should go to a situation that's ready to contend right away. The Philly job might open up.

I saw that. It's confusing why he'd even want that job.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#78 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It makes no sense. Atlanta doesn't have a QB. They have some playmakers & a decent O-line. But the roster still has some holes.

I saw that. It's confusing why he'd even want that job.

I join the "Christ I'm Confused Club" after the game on Sunday. The support group isn't helping. Keeps getting worse as the days go by. Nothing makes sense anymore. What's this world coming to.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#79 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:56 pm

linery88 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Then we will have to go after Harbaugh or Vrabel,and hope one or both take the year off to think.
This is all Jerry,thinking he can do it his way.

None of these guys will be available next year. Even if they were Jerry wouldn’t hire them. This is not like the Parcels year when Jerry needed to convince the fan base to buy him a new stadium. So even if he does fire MM next year I would expect some other “yes man” to get the job. My money is on Kellen Moore being the Cowboys next head coach.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#80 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Bill, at his age, should go to a situation that's ready to contend right away. The Philly job still might open up.

All reports are that Atlanta is his desired destination.

Return to Dallas Cowboys