ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend vs. Green Bay Packers.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,006

Re: Wild Card Weekend vs. Green Bay Packers. 

Post#21 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:39 am

Would it surprise you guys if Jerry does something wacky and hires Coach Prime?
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#22 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:50 am

What I'm afraid of is with all the changes coming, we might not even have a team that will win 12 games.

The last 3 seasons Cowboy fans enjoyed the Cowboys winning a lot of games in the regular season.

Who knows what will happen next season.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#23 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
linery88 wrote:I would replace McCarthy with any of 3 good coaches who are out there right now.Belichik would be my number 1 because this team sucks at situational playing,and no discipline.Belichik still has it,but Jerry has to give it to him.He has to give him full power,and Jerry has to back off and throw yacht parties or something,and keep his meddling to himself.Noone likes a backseat coach.
Draft big ,hard edged,fast,and physical players ,and Belichik or Carroll or maybe even Vrabel could change the lack of discipline culture.

Carroll's teams have always been among the most undisciplined. Near the top of the league in penalties every year. He's not a disciplinarian. Far from it.

If Jerry wants to win now it has to be Belichik.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#24 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:17 am

Can't believe it's been 29 years and the Cowboys have not gotten back to just even the NFC title game.

That Super Bowl win in 1996 was great!

When will we get to experience that feeling again? :(
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:28 am

I think losing Diggs had a bad effect on this team after his previous season,and his start for this season.With his experience,and talent,it would have been nice to see what would of happened otherwise.Our defense was not allowing many points at all up until he got hurt so we were stopping the run at least for those few games.This team does not do well after such injuries,even though on the surface it looked like we were.We were playing lousy teams,and pouring it on.We sucked awful against good teams,so that should have been an indicator but everybody wanted to believe.Now we know better.The Rams or Lions would have also beaten us today.Maybe its better we lost today,and if we now can get Belichik who can coach teams for the playoffs.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:29 am

Fierce1 wrote:Would it surprise you guys if Jerry does something wacky and hires Coach Prime?

That would be a disaster but not a surprise.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#27 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:51 am

This is the first time I've felt really let down by just Dak. He was so so so good about limiting INTs this season. I don't understand how he played so poorly today.

I blame him 1st .

Now that said, I don't think we win this game even if he played well. Our defense was just as bad. Where was Parsons? Why does it feel like he always disappears end of the season? We STILL can't stop the run, and Love found deep wide open recievers several times.

We just sucked all around. From top to bottom.

The entire couching staff needs to go, and we need to not resign Dak.

This hurts because I don't see how we can improve from where we are now. I don't see a quick fix. The only fix is a long rebuild.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#28 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:56 am

I could excuse Dak and the whole team for the 49ers loss last season. Because the 49ers were a better team with top defense, and we were the underdogs.

Today vs the Packers was different though. I can't excuse it. We were the favorites and playing at home. Inexcusable.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#29 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:57 am

linery88 wrote:I think losing Diggs had a bad effect on this team after his previous season,and his start for this season.With his experience,and talent,it would have been nice to see what would of happened otherwise.Our defense was not allowing many points at all up until he got hurt so we were stopping the run at least for those few games.This team does not do well after such injuries,even though on the surface it looked like we were.We were playing lousy teams,and pouring it on.We sucked awful against good teams,so that should have been an indicator but everybody wanted to believe.Now we know better.The Rams or Lions would have also beaten us today.Maybe its better we lost today,and if we now can get Belichik who can coach teams for the playoffs.

It was more losing LVE than losing Diggs.

When LVE went down, the Cowboys really became really light in the box.

Making a safety like Bell play LB puts you at a disadvantage in run defense.

And Damone Clark is really more of a passing down LB.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#30 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:05 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I could excuse Dak and the whole team for the 49ers loss last season. Because the 49ers were a better team with top defense, and we were the underdogs.

Today vs the Packers was different though. I can't excuse it. We were the favorites and playing at home. Inexcusable.

Yeah, 100% inexcusable.

Even Aubrey missed an extra point.

The ideal is a rebuild, but Jerry Jones will not do that and will most likely make Dak the highest paid QB next season.

To be honest, this is not looking good for Cowboy fans.

The team might not even win 12 games next season.

I think we're stuck with Dak for a while and the Cowboys will only go as far as where Dak takes them.

Not really looking good for the Dallas Cowboys right now.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:17 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
linery88 wrote:I think losing Diggs had a bad effect on this team after his previous season,and his start for this season.With his experience,and talent,it would have been nice to see what would of happened otherwise.Our defense was not allowing many points at all up until he got hurt so we were stopping the run at least for those few games.This team does not do well after such injuries,even though on the surface it looked like we were.We were playing lousy teams,and pouring it on.We sucked awful against good teams,so that should have been an indicator but everybody wanted to believe.Now we know better.The Rams or Lions would have also beaten us today.Maybe its better we lost today,and if we now can get Belichik who can coach teams for the playoffs.

It was more losing LVE than losing Diggs.

When LVE went down, the Cowboys really became really light in the box.

Making a safety like Bell play LB puts you at a disadvantage in run defense.

And Damone Clark is really more of a passing down LB.

We always lose guys we cant afford to,at the worst possible times.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:20 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I could excuse Dak and the whole team for the 49ers loss last season. Because the 49ers were a better team with top defense, and we were the underdogs.

Yeah, 100% inexcusable.

Even Aubrey missed an extra point.

The ideal is a rebuild, but Jerry Jones will not do that and will most likely make Dak the highest paid QB next season.

To be honest, this is not looking good for Cowboy fans.

The team might not even win 12 games next season.

I think we're stuck with Dak for a while and the Cowboys will only go as far as where Dak takes them.

Not really looking good for the Dallas Cowboys right now.

I still think this team can win with a good draft ,and the right type of coach who the players have to accountable to.In otherwords "Hoodyman"
Jerry will not want a rebuild.
Too bad he is the type of football team owner he is.He is a great salesman for the NFL,but at the expense of his own team-imo.
The Packers are a better team than people think they are,and we are worse than people think,unless fully healthy.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#33 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:28 pm

The moment I just laughed out loud, looked at my wife and told her that this team was utterly unprepared for this f*****g game.

Looking forward to the repercussions. There will be repercussions. That was completely and totally unacceptable.

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:55 pm

My vote is to blow this whole thing up like I have been saying for years. McCarthy and Quinn should both be fired today. Bringing back Dak and paying him $60 mill a year moving forward would be a sign the Cowboys aren't serious about winning a Super Bowl and just want to trick the new Cowboy generation fans again thinking we can win with him. I'm still thinking about Lamb, but I'm all in favor of getting rid of Parsons as well.
First on my list is showing Dan Quinn the door starting this morning. I mentioned it in a different thread yesterday before the game started about the Packers going 2 TE and running the ball down out throats. I guess after the Arizona, Niners and Bills game Quinn didn't feel the need to make a change of playing 6 DB's in that scheme. Totally unacceptable. I would take him to court and try to get money back from that boy.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#35 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:12 pm

Fierce1 wrote:3 straight seasons the Cowboys are great in the regular season and bad in the playoffs.

Jerry Jones has a lot of decisions to make once this game is over.

McCarthy is definitely gone.

Dan Quinn will leave.

And will Jerry make Dak the highest paid QB in the league next season?

All three should be gone in my opinion. I would even consider trading Parsons and Diggs.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#36 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:14 pm

BJJ is good at going back and looking at old posts. You should go back and look at my prediction for this season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#37 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:51 pm

Mr B wrote:BJJ is good at going back and looking at old posts. You should go back and look at my prediction for this season.

Going into the post season, all of us, BJJ included, thought they could go to the NFC Championship. Then likely lose to SF.

Not many actually thought they would win a ring.

They underperformed all of our expectations. They let us all down.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:27 pm

Mr B wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:3 straight seasons the Cowboys are great in the regular season and bad in the playoffs.

Jerry Jones has a lot of decisions to make once this game is over.

McCarthy is definitely gone.

Dan Quinn will leave.

And will Jerry make Dak the highest paid QB in the league next season?

All three should be gone in my opinion. I would even consider trading Parsons and Diggs.

I say blow the whole thing up but Jerry has always been an all in guy year after year. All Parsons did was run his mouth all season on his pod cast and give everyone bulletin board material all year. Parsons was another one that didn't show up in big games against the best teams. Not impressed. I don't want to pay him. Lets see what we can get for him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:34 pm

Mr B wrote:BJJ is good at going back and looking at old posts. You should go back and look at my prediction for this season.

I saw it many times. Deep down I felt the same way but I was really hoping to be wrong this year from what I predicted 3 years ago. I just expected it to be a week later or longer this year. Losing in the first round at home, even I have to admit, I didn't expect. But I also didn't expect Dan Quinn to continue to play 6 DB's when teams were running the ball down our throats with double TE sets. I just can't believe Dan Quinn hasn't been fired yet. I wouldn't let him coach a high school team after what I have witnessed from him the past few weeks. Get him the f..k out of here.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by linery88 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I saw it many times. Deep down I felt the same way but I was really hoping to be wrong this year from what I predicted 3 years ago. I just expected it to be a week later or longer this year. Losing in the first round at home, even I have to admit, I didn't expect. But I also didn't expect Dan Quinn to continue to play 6 DB's when teams were running the ball down our throats with double TE sets. I just can't believe Dan Quinn hasn't been fired yet. I wouldn't let him coach a high school team after what I have witnessed from him the past few weeks. Get him the f..k out of here.

As a huge Pats fan all I want is Belichik.He would be the perfect remedy,and with him working with Clay this team of 12-5 x 3 years could make a huge turnaround-lol.The reasons are obvious why it should be him.Just think of it...no more leading the league in penalties..no more stupid trash talk,and bulletin board material.Jerry might change his attitude,and mouth,and if he did act up Belichik would not give a **** what he said in public because he would have his players full attention.
We would change into a playoff team right away.Sucks being a good reg season team all the time.Just like the Leafs,and Jays lol.
Wont be surprised if Belichik isnt hired though.

Return to Dallas Cowboys