ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend vs. Green Bay Packers.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Re: Wild Card Weekend vs. Green Bay Packers. 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:54 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:BJJ is good at going back and looking at old posts. You should go back and look at my prediction for this season.

I saw it many times. Deep down I felt the same way but I was really hoping to be wrong this year from what I predicted 3 years ago. I just expected it to be a week later or longer this year. Losing in the first round at home, even I have to admit, I didn't expect. But I also didn't expect Dan Quinn to continue to play 6 DB's when teams were running the ball down our throats with double TE sets. I just can't believe Dan Quinn hasn't been fired yet. I wouldn't let him coach a high school team after what I have witnessed from him the past few weeks. Get him the f..k out of here.

As a huge Pats fan all I want is Belichik.He would be the perfect remedy,and with him working with Clay this team of 12-5 x 3 years could make a huge turnaround-lol.The reasons are obvious why it should be him.Just think of it...no more leading the league in penalties..no more stupid trash talk,and bulletin board material.Jerry might change his attitude,and mouth,and if he did act up Belichik would not give a **** what he said in public because he would have his players full attention.
We would change into a playoff team right away.Sucks being a good reg season team all the time.Just like the Leafs,and Jays lol.
Wont be surprised if Belichik isnt hired though.

I heard an awful thing on the radio today. One of the Cowboys insiders (that works for the team) mentioned that the rumor is Jerry will not fire McCarthy and will extend Dak. They plan to just “run it back” next year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#42 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:15 pm

Mr B wrote:I heard an awful thing on the radio today. One of the Cowboys insiders (that works for the team) mentioned that the rumor is Jerry will not fire McCarthy and will extend Dak. They plan to just “run it back” next year.

And not a soul will be surprised.

Rinse… repeat
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#43 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:28 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:I heard an awful thing on the radio today. One of the Cowboys insiders (that works for the team) mentioned that the rumor is Jerry will not fire McCarthy and will extend Dak. They plan to just “run it back” next year.

Rinse… repeat

I'll be surprised if McCarthy is still here.

I kind of feel like they have no choice but to go with Dak next season given his contract. But they don't have to give him a new contract. If Dak gets a new record breaking contract 99% of the fan base will frown at it now.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#44 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:31 pm

If Belichik wants the job, I do not see how Jerry can turn a blind eye to that.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#45 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:04 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Rinse… repeat

I have to be honest, if they run it back with little to no to changes I’m likely done. I can’t continue give this team more of my time if it’s just going to be the same old **** again.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#46 » by linery88 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:14 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Rinse… repeat

Only the media will be surprised,and tell us all good reasons why we should also be shocked,surprised,and disgusted lol.
I,m sure Jerry will contribute his thoughts,and ideas on how to stop the run,after running it back.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#47 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Rinse… repeat

I have to be honest, if they run it back with little to no to changes I’m likely done. I can’t continue give this team more of my time if it’s just going to be the same old **** again.

I'm never done. Born into it fan till I die no matter what happens. And I try not to take it all that seriously.

Also I don't believe you :lol:

Once the depression wears off and the draft rolls around you'll be watching.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:31 pm

linery88 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Rinse… repeat

Only the media will be surprised,and tell us all good reasons why we should also be shocked,surprised,and disgusted lol.
I,m sure Jerry will contribute his thoughts,and ideas on how to stop the run,after running it back.

I have an idea. I've been begging, pleading, praying, having impure thoughts, etc., DRAFT MORE LB'S. Been bitching and crabbing about it for 9 years in here since I joined. Actually I have been bitching about it since 2008 going all the way back to the ESPN forum days.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:17 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Rinse… repeat

I'm never done. Born into it fan till I die no matter what happens. And I try not to take it all that seriously.

Also I don't believe you :lol:

Once the depression wears off and the draft rolls around you'll be watching.

This… I lived through the end of the Landry era and the Campo regime and the abject mediocrity of Garrett. Ride or die. And bitch all the way to my grave.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#50 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:25 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I'll be surprised if McCarthy is still here.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:35 am

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#52 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:49 am

I hope Belichik takes the year off.The pressure is going to be even more now to win.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'll be surprised if McCarthy is still here.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

No need to get into what I was hoping. When it rains, it pours. :banghead: :ouch: :curse: :giveup:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#54 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:46 am

linery88 wrote:I hope Belichik takes the year off.The pressure is going to be even more now to win.

I call BS. So you’re telling me that after almost 30 years NOW the pressure is on? Nothing is going to change.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#55 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:45 pm

I have no words for how I am feeling today. :giveup:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#56 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:03 pm

I feel like this is the worst thing Jerry has done maybe EVER.

BILL BELICHIK IS AVAILABLE!!!

I don't understand why he wouldn't take the time to think about things...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:17 pm

Bringing McCarthy back make me feel worse than what happened Sunday. I really think I am in shock today. I'm having a real hard time putting words together for what has just happened. The whole thing just feels numb.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#58 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:38 pm

The only thing I can think is that maybe Jerry sees the current set up as for sure post season and doesn't want to threaten that.

So yeah, I guess we can expect a Dak contract coming.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#59 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:39 pm

There is no rush on a rehire though. I don't get why he thought this decision needed to be made ASAP
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#60 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:58 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The only thing I can think is that maybe Jerry sees the current set up as for sure post season and doesn't want to threaten that.

So yeah, I guess we can expect a Dak contract coming.

I'm wondering how do we fill our holes. We have some big ones. If we pay Dak like they are all talking,
#1- we need a RB
#2- we need two more O-lineman
#3- we ABSOLUTELY NEED two LB's. I'm so tired of this LVE and Sean Lee crap we've been going through for over a decade. Once we lose
our top LB to injury our defense gets gashed beyond belief. LB needs to be an area of top priority. Depth wise as well. This area has
been ignored way too long now. Has to be addressed. Just can't see all of this getting done in the off season and draft then pay Dak
so much.
#4- Regarding Micah Parsons. For me, the jury is still out. I haven't made my mind out on him yet.
#5- I'm Keeping C.D. Lamb and paying him.
#6- I can't believe Dan Quinn is still here. It makes me scream 4 days later. :banghead:

Return to Dallas Cowboys