ImageImageImageImage

2024 Cowboys Off Season

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: 2024 Cowboys Off Season 

Post#201 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:14 pm

Also if he isn't resigning Dak then I don't even see how he is "all-in" under your definition.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#202 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:17 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I mean to me it looks like Stephen did hold Jerry accountable.

But for most of the fans, including myself, we wanted one last "all in" push.

He is all in Micah. All in with McCarthy, Dak, Lamb, Parsons, and HIS guys. That's why I posted somewhere about 3 weeks ago, define "all in" Jerry. Like Mr. b. says all the time, the greatest snake oil salesman in the world.

So all in to you is just resigning the players we draft?

I mean, almost every GM is "all-in" in that sense.

FYI everyone else views it as sacrificing the future cap and trading draft picks to sign big name free agents and make one last push like the Rams did.

Micah, I wasn't the one that said the Cowboys should go all in, Jerry did. All I've ever wanted was to get Dak and his contract out of here the past 3 years. After the horrible all around team effort after the Green Bay loss, Jerry's first all in move was to bring back McCarthy. From that first move I knew Jerry was full of chit when it came to all in. I've been all out since that moment if you want to know the truth.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#203 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Also if he isn't resigning Dak then I don't even see how he is "all-in" under your definition.

Trust me. My definition of all in is different than Jerry's. If I was all in like Jerry says, McCarthy would have been the first transaction I did. Your fired.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#204 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:22 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Also if he isn't resigning Dak then I don't even see how he is "all-in" under your definition.

That’s why you can’t believe anything they say. Both have said that that by “all in” they meant in resigning their own players. If that were true Gilmore would already be resigned along with Pollard and Tyron.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#205 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:23 pm

Honestly if the plan is to sign no FAs, play out Dak's contract, then start over fresh with a new QB. I do not see the point in hiring a new coach right now. Might as well let McCarthy and Dak go out together. Then start with a new QB and new coach at the same time.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#206 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 pm

Mr B wrote:

That’s why you can’t believe anything they say. Both have said that that by “all in” they meant in resigning their own players. If that were true Gilmore would already be resigned along with Pollard and Tyron.

If Jerry said that it's a cop-out. That isn't what he meant when he first said it.

Pushing all in is jsut resigning your own draft picks? :lol:

What GM isn't "all-in" under that definition?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#207 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:37 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

If Jerry said that it's a cop-out. That isn't what he meant when he first said it.

Straight from the horse’s ass.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#208 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:42 pm

Jerry has been burned enough by Dak. Why should he commit for another 3-4 years knowing he isn't the guy anymore. I don't think deep down Jerry ever like Dak all that much from the beginning. Remember it took almost 2 years to get the contract done. Dak bet on himself, Jerry caved, we all lost.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#209 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:45 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:That’s why you can’t believe anything they say. Both have said that that by “all in” they meant in resigning their own players. If that were true Gilmore would already be resigned along with Pollard and Tyron.

Straight from the horse’s ass.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The Jones sure love marketing their own fans. The young generation fans aren't smart enough to know they are getting hosed.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#210 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:52 pm

After this 4 year experiment you are still willing to go with Dak another 3-4 years? You can't be serious at this point. That's why you are really upset. The rest of us have suffered enough watching him the past 8 years. If you can't see it by now I really don't know what to say anymore.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#211 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:56 pm

^^^ I think Jerry meant "balls to wall sacrifice the future and bring in everyone we can ALL IN" but Stephen doesn't want to do that so they invented their own definition. It's a cop-out like I said.

They are in damage-control mode over Jerry's "all-in" comment.

Also Stephen looks like he aged 20 years since I saw him last lol. The playoffs were that rough I guess.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#212 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:57 pm

And yeah they aren't even all-in under their own definition. So you can call that a snake-oil if you want but I don't think there is a single fan buying it. As Otis posted look at the petitions. I just think the petitions need to be aimed more toward Stephen.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#213 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:02 am

And most of Cowboy nation will fall in line after damage control. This is a big part of the culture problem.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#214 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:04 am

Micah Prescott wrote:And yeah they aren't even all-in under their own definition. So you can call that a snake-oil if you want but I don't think there is a single fan buying it. As Otis posted look at the petitions. I just think the petitions need to be aimed more toward Stephen.

Who are the people filing these petitions?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#215 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:54 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:And yeah they aren't even all-in under their own definition. So you can call that a snake-oil if you want but I don't think there is a single fan buying it. As Otis posted look at the petitions. I just think the petitions need to be aimed more toward Stephen.

Cowboy fans that wanted to go "all-in" like Jerry said and now they feel lied to.

But I'm just saying, I think Stephen is more to blame.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#216 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:59 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Cowboy fans that wanted to go "all-in" like Jerry said and now they feel lied to.

Just the fact you are mentioning and blaming Stephen more than Jerry should tell you all you need to know about the front office and culture in Cowboy land. In the end, this is all Jerry's play pen.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#217 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Who are the people filing these petitions?

Just the fact you are mentioning and blaming Stephen more than Jerry should tell you all you need to know about the front office and culture in Cowboy land. In the end, this is all Jerry's play pen.

Stephen is a big part of blame. He negotiates the contracts. If they need a closer that’s typically when Jerry gets involved now. Jerry is the face though and does still have final say on all things.

Jerry creates the culture and as long as he is alive that is never going to change. Once that happens though it doesn’t mean things will get any better. Stephen is the anti-Jerry in the sense that he’s cheap and he’s not a good negotiator.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#218 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:00 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Cowboy fans that wanted to go "all-in" like Jerry said and now they feel lied to.

Stephen is a big part of blame. He negotiates the contracts. If they need a closer that’s typically when Jerry gets involved now. Jerry is the face though and does still have final say on all things.

Jerry creates the culture and as long as he is alive that is never going to change. Once that happens though it doesn’t mean things will get any better. Stephen is the anti-Jerry in the sense that he’s cheap and he’s not a good negotiator.

If we are talking about just this year's free agency, I guarantee it is 100% Stephen's doing. Which as far as BJJ is concerned, should make him happy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#219 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:16 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Just the fact you are mentioning and blaming Stephen more than Jerry should tell you all you need to know about the front office and culture in Cowboy land. In the end, this is all Jerry's play pen.

If we are talking about just this year's free agency, I guarantee it is 100% Stephen's doing. Which as far as BJJ is concerned, should make him happy.

After one of the worse losses in Cowboy playoff history, it was just a few days later Jerry announced he was bringing back Mike McCarthy. Haven't been happy since that move. For me it ruined everything Cowboys moving forward. I want no part of moving forward with Mike McCarthy.
Looking back since 1989 when Jerry bought the team, he had no problem firing a legendary coach in Tom Landry. Then a few years later he fired Jimmy after back to back Super Bowls. Now he keeps McCarthy and tells Cowboy nation he's all in. Sorry guys, I will still watch all the games this year and even pull and root for them, but I'm all out this year. I don't need to see more. If I was living in Dallas and a season ticket holder, I'm selling them back and taking my name off the list. I can't believe I'm saying this after being a fan of 54 years, but the Cowboys, their coach, their QB, their front office, their culture and owner are a bunch of LOSERS.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#220 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Just the fact you are mentioning and blaming Stephen more than Jerry should tell you all you need to know about the front office and culture in Cowboy land. In the end, this is all Jerry's play pen.

So Jerry is the owner and GM of the Cowboys unless Stephen steps in or has something to say? :ouch:

Return to Dallas Cowboys