ImageImageImageImage

2024 Cowboys Off Season

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: 2024 Cowboys Off Season 

Post#181 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:06 pm

It looks to me like they are planning on playing out Dak's contract and then letting him walk. A BJJ dream come true.

I do not see the point in clearing up a ton of cap space by resigning Dak now that all the FAs have been scooped up.

Not sure how I feel about it TBH. On one hand I do like Dak and I think he is a top-5 QB. On the other hand, it's been a long trip and sometimes new scenery is just what both sides need.

I definitely don't like that there is nothing new or exciting to look forward to next season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#182 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:17 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:It looks to me like they are planning on playing out Dak's contract and then letting him walk. A BJJ dream come true.

I do not see the point in clearing up a ton of cap space by resigning Dak now that all the FAs have been scooped up.

Not sure how I feel about it TBH. On one hand I do like Dak and I think he is a top-5 QB. On the other hand, it's been a long trip and sometimes new scenery is just what both sides need.

I definitely don't like that there is nothing new or exciting to look forward to next season.

Its not a dream come true that the State Of Cowboy's Union is presently in this situation. The dream come true would have been getting rid of Dak 3 years ago like I said they should have done back then.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#183 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:18 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:It looks to me like they are planning on playing out Dak's contract and then letting him walk. A BJJ dream come true.

Honestly - I’ve pretty much convinced myself that if that’s the decision I would be OK with it. And it has nothing to do with the current FA scene.I just think at this point it might be best for all parties to do a reboot. Get deals done with the guys they want here going forward (starting with Micah) and move on.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#184 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:47 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Honestly - I’ve pretty much convinced myself that if that’s the decision I would be OK with it. And it has nothing to do with the current FA scene.I just think at this point it might be best for all parties to do a reboot. Get deals done with the guys they want here going forward (starting with Micah) and move on.

Reset with young core of Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, and the guys they get in this draft. Take the best available player, don’t reach for need. If they did that I would be perfectly fine.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#185 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:21 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Reset with young core of Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, and the guys they get in this draft. Take the best available player, don’t reach for need. If they did that I would be perfectly fine.

I am "OK" with it. But I would have been more OK giving this current roster one last ALL IN push with a couple added KEY pieces like Queen and Henry.

That isn't happening...and I get it. It's probably the more rational approach.

I would bet that this was heavily, maybe even angrily, debated between Jerry and Stephen. And it looks like Stephen won the debate.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#186 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:47 pm

Jerry finally woke up!!!

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#187 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:30 am

Well past his prime, but it's something I guess.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#188 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 pm

From today’s Dallas Morning News… and yes. I laughed. Audibly.

“There have been 20 petitions filed in the last two days on Change.org asking for Jerry Jones to step down as general manager. Between Jones, Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott, there are 50 petitions seeking change, compelling the website to create a Cowboys landing page to accommodate the volume.”
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#189 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:57 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:From today’s Dallas Morning News… and yes. I laughed. Audibly.

“There have been 20 petitions filed in the last two days on Change.org asking for Jerry Jones to step down as general manager. Between Jones, Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott, there are 50 petitions seeking change, compelling the website to create a Cowboys landing page to accommodate the volume.”

Everyone is furious about free agency but IMO the petitions need to be filed for Stephen not Jerry.

That said, Jerry got himself into this mess with the "All In" comment. Everyone was expecting a huge splash and we all get let down. But I bet the reality is that Jerry did want to make a splash, and Stephen said "Dad please stop! I have to inherit this team!".
Mr B
RealGM

Post#190 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:02 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:From today’s Dallas Morning News… and yes. I laughed. Audibly.

Everyone is furious about free agency but IMO the petitions need to be filed for Stephen not Jerry.

That said, Jerry got himself into this mess with the "All In" comment. Everyone was expecting a huge splash and we all get let down. But I bet the reality is that Jerry did want to make a splash, and Stephen said "Dad please stop!! You’re spending my inheritance!!".

I fixed that Stephen quote for you.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#191 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:17 pm

Is Kendricks the only signing? This LB market is nuts.

The Hawks let both Wagner & Brooks go & still haven't signed one. It's starting to dry up. I'm a little worried.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#192 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:18 pm

Fans have a right to be upset and let down. Regardless of who is to blame.

How can any of us go into next season feeling excited? We lost more talent than we added. There is nothing new to look forward to.

It would take an absolute miracle in the draft to make up for it given that rookies rarely make a big impact.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#193 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:22 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Fans have a right to be upset and let down. Regardless of who is to blame.

How can any of us go into next season feeling excited? We lost more talent than we added. There is nothing new to look forward to.

It would take an absolute miracle in the draft to make up for it given that rookies rarely make a big impact.

This is the most upset I've seen you in 3 years. I guess the rest of us should be as upset as you but me, Otis and Mr. B. have been through this more than once in the past 29 years under Jerry's leadership.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#194 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:07 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I am "OK" with it. But I would have been more OK giving this current roster one last ALL IN push with a couple added KEY pieces like Queen and Henry.

I would bet that this was heavily, maybe even angrily, debated between Jerry and Stephen. And it looks like Stephen won the debate.

Its hard to pay Queen, Henry and our upcoming draft choices with only 3.1 mill in cap spending left. Despite what Jerry says about "all in", we were not in any position to make a slash in free agency this year. Cowboy nation has been scammed by Jerry once again. And he will continue to do it and get away with it until someone can figure out a way to hold him accountable.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#195 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Reset with young core of Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, and the guys they get in this draft. Take the best available player, don’t reach for need. If they did that I would be perfectly fine.

Its hard to pay Queen, Henry and our upcoming draft choices with only 3.1 mill in cap spending left. Despite what Jerry says about "all in", we were not in any position to make a slash in free agency this year. Cowboy nation has been scammed by Jerry once again. And he will continue to do it and get away with it until someone can figure out a way to hold him accountable.

The best damn snake oil salesman of all time.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#196 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Reset with young core of Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, and the guys they get in this draft. Take the best available player, don’t reach for need. If they did that I would be perfectly fine.

Accountable for what? Not going "all in"? Isn't that what you wanted?

We would have had the cap room if we had resigned Dak. That is why I said (BJJ dream come true) it doesn't look like we are going to give Dak a contract. Because the only reason to do would be to clear space for players like Queen.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#197 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:43 pm

I mean to me it looks like Stephen did hold Jerry accountable.

But for most of the fans, including myself, we wanted one last "all in" push.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#198 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I am "OK" with it. But I would have been more OK giving this current roster one last ALL IN push with a couple added KEY pieces like Queen and Henry.

Accountable for what? Not going "all in"? Isn't that what you wanted?

We would have had the cap room if we had resigned Dak. That is why I said (BJJ dream come true) it doesn't look like we are going to give Dak a contract. Because the only reason to do would be to clear space for players like Queen.

Jerry has been going all in for the most part for 2 decades. Where have you been? :wink: This is nothing new if you go back and examine Jerry's record as GM since 2002. If Jerry wasn't the GM, Jerry would have fired him a very long time ago.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#199 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:54 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I mean to me it looks like Stephen did hold Jerry accountable.

He is all in Micah. All in with McCarthy, Dak, Lamb, Parsons, and HIS guys. That's why I posted somewhere about 3 weeks ago, define "all in" Jerry. Like Mr. b. says all the time, the greatest snake oil salesman in the world.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#200 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I mean to me it looks like Stephen did hold Jerry accountable.

He is all in Micah. All in with McCarthy, Dak, Lamb, Parsons, and HIS guys. That's why I posted somewhere about 3 weeks ago, define "all in" Jerry. Like Mr. b. says all the time, the greatest snake oil salesman in the world.

So "all in" to you is just resigning the players we draft?

I mean, almost every GM is "all-in" in that sense.

FYI everyone else views it as sacrificing the future cap and trading draft picks to sign big name free agents and make one last push like the Rams did.

Return to Dallas Cowboys