2024 Cowboys Draft

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#81 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Just shut up, you should be doing back flips right now. They could have EASILY given Dak a fresh record breaking contract to free up space and sign free agents. Everyone thought that was going to be the case.

But no, all indications show they are deciding to move on from Dak. You're getting the one thing you wanted more than anything else. So just say "thank you Jerry" and move on. You don't have to constantly find new reasons to whine.

I'll start doing back flips when Dak is officially out of here. I haven't got what I wanted yet because Dak is still here taking 55 mill away from us and doesn't deserve a dime of it. He can go get a fresh record contract somewhere else. The absolute best thing for the Cowboys is to blow this thing all up and start over with a small handful of players they still have left. All Dak needs to do is waive his no trade clause and I bet Jerry trades him off on or before the draft which is exactly what the Cowboys should be doing and best moving forward. We can only hope. And I'm not the one whining here. Its you and fans like you that have been up in arms since free agency took off. Once again you guys all bought into Jerry's promise of going all in, not me. I'm just pointing out the financial facts that Jerry's promise to you all of going all in the way you wanted, is pretty much impossible under the current climate. You bought into that crap, not me. I was already out for this upcoming season when Jerry brought back McCarthy before all this other stuff starting surfacing. I have no expectation for the Cowboys as long as Dak and McCarthy are still here. That way I won't be upset when they don't make the playoffs this year.

Many of us want Dak gone but you have to prepare yourself for the suck that’s going to come after he walks. IF (big if) they get lucky again and stumble into another good QB in 2024 then there is a chance they have a good season. It’s more likely though that it takes a couple of seasons to find that QB. That means the careers of Parsons, Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, and anyone else you think is good on the team will be waisted. Our options are either continue to be mediocre with Dak making huge money or we suck for a couple of seasons until we find our QB.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#82 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:13 pm

So, when is Bjj going to put out his prospect rankings list?

Somehow this thread turned into another Dak conversation piece. You guys kill me.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#83 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:16 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:So, when is Bjj going to put out his prospect rankings list?

Fire McCarthy, trade dumb Dak, poison Jerry and then blow the whole thing up and do a 2 year rebuild.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Just shut up, you should be doing back flips right now. They could have EASILY given Dak a fresh record breaking contract to free up space and sign free agents. Everyone thought that was going to be the case.

But no, all indications show they are deciding to move on from Dak. You're getting the one thing you wanted more than anything else. So just say "thank you Jerry" and move on. You don't have to constantly find new reasons to whine.

I'll start doing back flips when Dak is officially out of here. I haven't got what I wanted yet because Dak is still here taking 55 mill away from us and doesn't deserve a dime of it. He can go get a fresh record contract somewhere else. The absolute best thing for the Cowboys is to blow this thing all up and start over with a small handful of players they still have left. All Dak needs to do is waive his no trade clause and I bet Jerry trades him off on or before the draft which is exactly what the Cowboys should be doing and best moving forward. We can only hope. And I'm not the one whining here. Its you and fans like you that have been up in arms since free agency took off. Once again you guys all bought into Jerry's promise of going all in, not me. I'm just pointing out the financial facts that Jerry's promise to you all of going all in the way you wanted, is pretty much impossible under the current climate. You bought into that crap, not me. I was already out for this upcoming season when Jerry brought back McCarthy before all this other stuff starting surfacing. I have no expectation for the Cowboys as long as Dak and McCarthy are still here. That way I won't be upset when they don't make the playoffs this year.

Many of us want Dak gone but you have to prepare yourself for the suck that’s going to come after he walks. IF (big if) they get lucky again and stumble into another good QB in 2024 then there is a chance they have a good season. It’s more likely though that it takes a couple of seasons to find that QB. That means the careers of Parsons, Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, and anyone else you think is good on the team will be waisted. Our options are either continue to be mediocre with Dak making huge money or we suck for a couple of seasons until we find our QB.

Whats another 2 years of sucking when Dak has sucked for 8 years and screwed over the franchise.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#85 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'll start doing back flips when Dak is officially out of here. I haven't got what I wanted yet because Dak is still here taking 55 mill away from us and doesn't deserve a dime of it. He can go get a fresh record contract somewhere else. The absolute best thing for the Cowboys is to blow this thing all up and start over with a small handful of players they still have left. All Dak needs to do is waive his no trade clause and I bet Jerry trades him off on or before the draft which is exactly what the Cowboys should be doing and best moving forward. We can only hope. And I'm not the one whining here. Its you and fans like you that have been up in arms since free agency took off. Once again you guys all bought into Jerry's promise of going all in, not me. I'm just pointing out the financial facts that Jerry's promise to you all of going all in the way you wanted, is pretty much impossible under the current climate. You bought into that crap, not me. I was already out for this upcoming season when Jerry brought back McCarthy before all this other stuff starting surfacing. I have no expectation for the Cowboys as long as Dak and McCarthy are still here. That way I won't be upset when they don't make the playoffs this year.

Whats another 2 years of sucking when Dak has sucked for 8 years and screwed over the franchise.

Fair point!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:39 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Many of us want Dak gone but you have to prepare yourself for the suck that’s going to come after he walks. IF (big if) they get lucky again and stumble into another good QB in 2024 then there is a chance they have a good season. It’s more likely though that it takes a couple of seasons to find that QB. That means the careers of Parsons, Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, and anyone else you think is good on the team will be waisted. Our options are either continue to be mediocre with Dak making huge money or we suck for a couple of seasons until we find our QB.

Fair point!

You mentioned a couple days ago in a post about blowing the whole thing up and starting over. I fully support that. I didn't know you were kidding.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#87 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:00 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Many of us want Dak gone but you have to prepare yourself for the suck that’s going to come after he walks. IF (big if) they get lucky again and stumble into another good QB in 2024 then there is a chance they have a good season. It’s more likely though that it takes a couple of seasons to find that QB. That means the careers of Parsons, Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, and anyone else you think is good on the team will be waisted. Our options are either continue to be mediocre with Dak making huge money or we suck for a couple of seasons until we find our QB.

Fair point!

I'm fine with Dak and Dallas parting ways, but if either of you believe that within just two years will have a noticeable upgrade to Dak Prescott who was just 2nd in MVP votes, you are just flat out lying to yourself.

We have no draft position for a decent prospect, and even if we strung together a huge trade to get someone like Herbert, that player would still take time.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#88 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:02 pm

I'm looking forward to this too, that way we will know who the busts are going to be.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#89 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:08 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

I'm looking forward to this too, that way we will know who the busts are going to be.

Micah, you might be on to something! :wink:

His favorite player by far last year was Mazi & Ike Ekwonu the year before.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#90 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:19 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Micah, you might be on to something! :wink:

His favorite player by far last year was Mazi & Ike Ekwonu the year before.

BJJ is a lock, he was also furious with the Tyler Smith pick.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#91 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:30 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Whats another 2 years of sucking when Dak has sucked for 8 years and screwed over the franchise.

Fair point!

You mentioned a couple days ago in a post about blowing the whole thing up and starting over. I fully support that. I didn't know you were kidding.

I wasn’t kidding. It would rather they tank than be mediocre. We have to be real though. If they are going to tank they are going to really suck for at least a couple years. I mean Dave Campo era suck.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#92 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:46 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Fair point!

I wasn’t kidding. It would rather they tank than be mediocre. We have to be real though. If they are going to tank they are going to really suck for at least a couple years. I mean Dave Campo era suck.

You've lost sight then. Having the #1 overall pick doesn't jolt any team into Super Bowl wins. It might in the NBA, but not the NFL.

Aside from that, being that bad equates to turning the TV off and not watching. The entire point of this is our entertainment. As bad as last season's playoffs were at least we had something to watch and talk about.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#93 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:14 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Fair point!

At least it would be something to look forward to instead of another two years of the Dumb Dak and McCarthy show.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#94 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:21 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You mentioned a couple days ago in a post about blowing the whole thing up and starting over. I fully support that. I didn't know you were kidding.

You've lost sight then. Having the #1 overall pick doesn't jolt any team into Super Bowl wins. It might in the NBA, but not the NFL.

Aside from that, being that bad equates to turning the TV off and not watching. The entire point of this is our entertainment. As bad as last season's playoffs were at least we had something to watch and talk about.

Picking in the mid teens-20’s hasn’t jolted anything either. I’d prefer to get out from under Dak’s contract and start over with a top pick than just continuing to be a mediocre team. If you’re cool continuing to be mediocre that’s cool, not me though.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#95 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I wasn’t kidding. It would rather they tank than be mediocre. We have to be real though. If they are going to tank they are going to really suck for at least a couple years. I mean Dave Campo era suck.

Picking in the mid teens-20’s hasn’t jolted anything either. I’d prefer to get out from under Dak’s contract and start over with a top pick than just continuing to be a mediocre team. If you’re cool continuing to be mediocre that’s cool, not me though.

We've been 12-5 the last 3 seasons. Mediocre is Jason Garrett's 8-8 seasons. But even with those at least we had playoff games to watch.

Yes I'd take that over what the Panthers and Bryce Young are going through because that is unwatchable.

We've only had two sub .500 seasons in the last decade and both came because of QB injuries. And both of those seasons were unwatchable.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#96 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:40 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:You've lost sight then. Having the #1 overall pick doesn't jolt any team into Super Bowl wins. It might in the NBA, but not the NFL.

We've been 12-5 the last 3 seasons. Mediocre is Jason Garrett's 8-8 seasons. But even with those at least we had playoff games to watch.

Yes I'd take that over what the Panthers and Bryce Young are going through because that is unwatchable.

We've only had two sub .500 seasons in the last decade and both came because of QB injuries. And both of those seasons were unwatchable.

How many playoff wins?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#97 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:54 pm

Man, you guys don't realize how good you got it. A very good roster. The Cowboys are not a mediocre team. Far from it.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#98 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Picking in the mid teens-20’s hasn’t jolted anything either. I’d prefer to get out from under Dak’s contract and start over with a top pick than just continuing to be a mediocre team. If you’re cool continuing to be mediocre that’s cool, not me though.

How many playoff wins?

You're asking me if I would rather be what we are now, or tank. One is watchable football and the other isn't. One at least has a playoff game to watch, the other doesn't.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#99 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:59 pm

Also I just don't believe tanking works in the NFL. Too many holes to fill.

It might work in the NBA, which is why they have a lottery system, to prevent tanking. But the NFL is never a case of one Michael Jordan or Lebron. Even with the most extreme case, Mahomes, he has a top-5 defense.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#100 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:02 pm

Tanking simply doesn't work in the NFL. Unless you land a generational QB. But the chances of that happening are very slim.

Return to Dallas Cowboys