2024 Cowboys Draft

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,474

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#161 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I just heard and read that Jerry is looking to replace T. Smith with his first pick. There is some rumblings, rumors and now some mocks having the Cowboys making a huge trade with the Raiders and moving up to pick, #13, and taking this kid out of Penn State. Olumuyiwa Fashanu- 6"6"/ 317lbs. How would you like this guy Mr. B.? :eyebrows:

Fashanu is the one Tackle prospect I don't like. He's being mocked way too early in my eyes.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#162 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Penix will be at Cowboys pick @ 24.

The Giants had dinner with him. He might end up in the division.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#163 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yea Troy Fautanu might end up being a better Guard than Tackle. I just like both he and Taliese Fuaga. Both are big tough Polynesian players. Those guys are usually anchors and strong as hell. Mims definitely has more upside but these two are more NFL ready and both should be very good offensive lineman (tackle or guard).

I just heard and read that Jerry is looking to replace T. Smith with his first pick. There is some rumblings, rumors and now some mocks having the Cowboys making a huge trade with the Raiders and moving up to pick, #13, and taking this kid out of Penn State. Olumuyiwa Fashanu- 6"6"/ 317lbs. How would you like this guy Mr. B.? :eyebrows:

Fashanu is the one Tackle prospect I don't like. He's being mocked way too early.

I don't know who I like yet. Just diving into it. I don't think the Cowboys can afford to move up anyway. IMHO Cowboys are also in bad shape going into the draft. They pick 24, 56 & 87. After that, they have I think 4 compensary picks in rounds 6 and 7. If anything they might want to trade back and try and gain a pick or two. They need an OT, LB and RB and have to hit on all 3 as they lost 5 starters from last year. Sad days ahead coming up in Big D. Owner, front office, GM, coach, cap space, draft position, QB, culture, its all a mess.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#164 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Penix will be at Cowboys pick @ 24.

The Giants had dinner with him. He might end up in the division.

Read on Twitter

I think Seattle is sand bagging and trying to keep all of this under the radar. You guys want Penix. :nod:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#165 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think Seattle is sand bagging and trying to keep all of this under the radar. You guys want Penix. :nod:

It's a strong possibility.

The problem is that the offensive line is a complete **** show at the moment. They don't have a starting Left Guard on the roster. The situation at Right Guard isn't much better. They've really put themselves in a corner. If they don't take a Guard early in the draft, then they're going to have issues upfront. You definitely don't want to start Penix behind a crappy line.

I generally like what they've done so far. I love the coaching hires. But not addressing the IOL in the draft, would really piss me off.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#166 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think Seattle is sand bagging and trying to keep all of this under the radar. You guys want Penix. :nod:

The problem is that the offensive line is a complete **** show at the moment. They don't have a starting Left Guard on the roster. The situation at Right Guard isn't much better. They've really put themselves in a corner. If they don't take a Guard early in the draft, then they're going to have issues upfront. You definitely don't want to start Penix behind a crappy line.

I generally like what they've done so far. I love the coaching hires. But not addressing the IOL remains my biggest issue.

You guys are in a great spot to get one. What's the beef?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#167 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I generally like what they've done so far. I love the coaching hires. But not addressing the IOL remains my biggest issue.

You mean QB? or Guard?

My beef is them neglecting the offensive line. Not putting resources into it. The GM & front office have not valued the Guard position. The GM himself has said that he thinks Guards are overvalued by some teams. That's been their philosophy. They think they can plug & play anyone at that spot. But it's also been an area of weakness for the team. I just don't agree with it. I prefer to invest in the O-line & not have it be an issue.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#168 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:32 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It's a strong possibility.

You mean QB? or Guard?

My beef is them neglecting the offensive line. Not putting resources into it. The GM & front office have not valued the Guard position. The GM himself has said that he thinks Guards are overvalued by some teams. That's been their philosophy. They think they can plug & play anyone at that spot. But it's also been an area of weakness for the team. I just don't agree with it. I prefer to invest in the O-line & not have it be an issue.

I see your frustration because this is the perfect year to get a nice O-lineman.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#169 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:43 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It's a strong possibility.

You mean QB? or Guard?

I have many beef's with the Cowboys. Want to hear them? :cry: :curse: :devil:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#170 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You guys are in a great spot to get one. What's the beef?

You mean QB? or Guard?

I see your frustration because this is the perfect year to get a nice O-lineman.

Indeed.

They struggled to run the ball last year. Partly because the interior of the line was a weakness. The OL is arguably the most important part of the team. Yet they still have not made it a priority. It's been my biggest pet peeve for years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#171 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You mean QB? or Guard?

Indeed.

They struggled to run the ball last year. Partly because the interior of the line was a weakness. Yet they still have not made it a priority. It's been my biggest pet peeve of the team.

You have 2 very nice RB's. I'd like to have either one of them. Your Gm and coach should consider taking advantage of having 2 premium RB's. Plus a very nice running game prevents Geno from throwing the ball too much which would be another benefit.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#172 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I see your frustration because this is the perfect year to get a nice O-lineman.

Indeed.

They struggled to run the ball last year. Partly because the interior of the line was a weakness. Yet they still have not made it a priority. It's been my biggest pet peeve of the team.

You have 2 very nice RB's. I'd like to have either one of them. Your Gm and coach should consider taking advantage of having 2 premium RB's. Plus a very nice running game prevents Geno from throwing the ball too much which would be another benefit.

You're preaching to the choir.

They love investing in RB's. The OL? Not so much. It's frustrating for a lot of fans.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#173 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Indeed.

They love investing in RB's. The OL? Not so much. It's frustrating for a lot of fans.

Explains why your RB's spend so much time on the IL.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#174 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You have 2 very nice RB's. I'd like to have either one of them. Your Gm and coach should consider taking advantage of having 2 premium RB's. Plus a very nice running game prevents Geno from throwing the ball too much which would be another benefit.

They really have not had a good OL since Mike Holmgren was the coach. Back in those days, they made it a priority.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#175 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You're preaching to the choir.

They really have not had a good OL since Mike Holmgren was the coach. Back in those days, they made it a priority.

So what's the hold up? Cap space or are the new leaders looking to fill another need?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#176 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I generally like what they've done so far. I love the coaching hires. But not addressing the IOL in the draft, would really piss me off.

Looks like for sure Chiefs will be taking RT or Wr with first pick. Seeing 3 different moves they are most likely going. One has them moving up in round 1 and taking a Wr out of Texas. They are also very high on Patrick Paul and Kingsley Suamatais. You know anything about them?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#177 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Explains why your RB's spend so much time on the IL.

So what's the hold up? Cap space or are the new leaders looking to fill another need?

They just refuse to pay significant money on Guards & Centers. They prefer to go young & cheap at those positions. They draft them & then let them leave in free agency. Start the whole process over again. That's been their philosophy since Carroll took over.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#178 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:They really have not had a good OL since Mike Holmgren was the coach. Back in those days, they made it a priority.

They just refuse to pay significant money on Guards & Centers. They prefer to go young & cheap at those positions. They draft them & then let them leave in free agency. Start the whole process over again. That's been their philosophy since Carroll took over.

Time for a change.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#179 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You have 2 very nice RB's. I'd like to have either one of them. Your Gm and coach should consider taking advantage of having 2 premium RB's. Plus a very nice running game prevents Geno from throwing the ball too much which would be another benefit.

They've drafted the most RB's of any team since 2012. :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#180 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You're preaching to the choir.

They've drafted the most RB's of any team since 2012. :lol:

I guess your two stud WR's make too much money. :wink: :lol:

Return to Dallas Cowboys