Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#221 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak is fine under pressure. The entire roster folded vs Green Bay. That's a coaching issue.

Dak is only good under pressure when he is playing weak teams. Put him up against good and great teams or playoff teams, he folds his tent early. Fine under pressure, :falloff:

Stop it, he's beat good teams and has playoff wins. Aside from that in the NFL almost every game is a big stage.

The only stage bigger that he hasn't seen is the SB.

The TEAM as a whole failed vs Green Bay. Expand your knowledge past the QB position please. Our secondary had the worst game of the entire season that game. Packers put up 48 f**cking points while Dak put up 32. We would have won that despite Dak's INTs if our defense could stop ANYTHING that game.

I haven't seen Dak in the NFC Championship game in 8 years. I haven't seen Dak even get by the divisional round in 8 years.
Packers did put up 48 points. However Dak's 2 int's cost us 14 of those points. Can't give Dak credit for putting up 32 points either. Half of those points came in garbage time when the game was out of reach, game was over and the score was 48-16. See that has what Dak has done his whole career, beating up on scrub teams and getting tons of garbage stats in blow out losses in the playoffs and better teams. That's why you always throw out and play the number games with all of us. And now he is the highest paid QB in the league and your still not happy.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,159

Post#222 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Dak is only good under pressure when he is playing weak teams. Put him up against good and great teams or playoff teams, he folds his tent early. Fine under pressure, :falloff:

Stop it, he's beat good teams and has playoff wins. Aside from that in the NFL almost every game is a big stage.

The only stage bigger that he hasn't seen is the SB.

The TEAM as a whole failed vs Green Bay. Expand your knowledge past the QB position please. Our secondary had the worst game of the entire season that game. Packers put up 48 f**cking points while Dak put up 32. We would have won that despite Dak's INTs if our defense could stop ANYTHING that game.

He’s 2-5 in the playoffs and those 2 wins did not come in the same year. So you’re telling me that out of the 5 times he lost it was always some else’s fault. Dak played great in every loss and if not for his teammate he would have won those games? None of the losses are on him? Is that what you’re saying?

Guess I missed this post.

I'm saying it's always the TEAM's fault. It is never just one person.

Even if the game is lost on a last second field goal, it's not on the kicker. The team put him in that spot.

Dak was bad vs the Packers, but so was everyone else. Why is it so hard to just be reasonable and logical with that?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#223 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We've got 12-5 for 3 seasons straight now. Obviously there are some winning teams in that mix lol

When are they raising the “you won 12 regular season games” banner at the Stadium? They should do it during Thanksgiving! We can all be thankful for getting our participation banner!

Strawman. You guys are claiming Dak doesn't beat winning teams, I am showing you that isn't true.

What happens is we get blown out by SF and then you guys go into black and white mode and knee-jerk declare "Dak can't beat ANY good team!".

Our real story is that the ENTIRE TEAM (53 man roster + coaching staff) loses early in the playoffs every year.

Not when it matters most.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#224 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:When are they raising the “you won 12 regular season games” banner at the Stadium? They should do it during Thanksgiving! We can all be thankful for getting our participation banner!

Strawman. You guys are claiming Dak doesn't beat winning teams, I am showing you that isn't true.

What happens is we get blown out by SF and then you guys go into black and white mode and knee-jerk declare "Dak can't beat ANY good team!".

Our real story is that the ENTIRE TEAM (53 man roster + coaching staff) loses early in the playoffs every year.

You could make this statement about any QB that has no ring.

Dak has won meaningful games, you're lying to yourself if you think that isn't true.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#225 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:58 pm

You're also lying to yourself if you think all of this team's problems will magically vanish if Dak leaves.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#226 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:05 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:You're also lying to yourself if you think all of this team's problems will magically vanish if Dak leaves.

Where have you seen me post anything positive about the direction of the Cowboys moving forward since the loss to the Packers. I said a few weeks ago things were a real mess and I was all out for next season. I'm also at the point where I am not paying Parsons or Lamb either till I see more from them. None of them showed up in that game. They are all a bunch of spoiled azz athletes that think they are entitled to all great things Cowboys because they wear the uniform and the helmet with a star on it. They haven't earned a damn thing till they show up and show me something when it matters most. With McCarthy coming back, I have no problem trading all 3 away if it was possible.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#227 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:You're also lying to yourself if you think all of this team's problems will magically vanish if Dak leaves.

Where have you seen me post anything positive about the direction of the Cowboys moving forward since the loss to the Packers. I said a few weeks ago things were a real mess and I was all out for next season. I'm also at the point where I am not paying Parsons or Lamb either till I see more from them. None of them showed up in that game. They are all a bunch of spoiled azz athletes that think they are entitled to all great things Cowboys because they wear the uniform and the helmet with a star on it. They haven't earned a damn thing till they show up and show me something when it matters most. With McCarthy coming back, I have no problem trading all 3 away if it was possible.

Okay that is fair enough.

TBH the only players I feel super high on are Tyler Smith and CeeDee Lamb, and Bland.

Both Bland and Lamb sucked it up vs GB though.

When everyone on the team fails like that, got look at the coach IMO.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,480

Post#228 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:19 pm

Are you guys sold on Bland? He seems like a guy who's susceptible to giving up big plays. He's someone who gambles a lot. But I still can't get past the game that Metcalf torched him.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,054

Post#229 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:11 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We've got 12-5 for 3 seasons straight now. Obviously there are some winning teams in that mix lol

When are they raising the “you won 12 regular season games” banner at the Stadium? They should do it during Thanksgiving! We can all be thankful for getting our participation banner!

No, I said he doesn’t win in the playoffs. His playoff record is proof that I’m right.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#230 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:12 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Matthew Stafford is 11-72 vs winning teams wow

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/dak-prescott-total-record-against-winning-teams-in-nfl.523358/

Compare how many SB wins he has to how many SB wins Dak has, I’ll wait…
Mr B
RealGM

Post#231 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:15 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Strawman. You guys are claiming Dak doesn't beat winning teams, I am showing you that isn't true.

You could make this statement about any QB that has no ring.

Dak has won meaningful games, you're lying to yourself if you think that isn't true.

We do make this statement about any QB that doesn’t win rings, including Dak.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#232 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:18 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

TBH the only players I feel super high on are Tyler Smith and CeeDee Lamb, and Bland.

The HC is a major part of the problem and needs to go too.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#233 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Matthew Stafford is 11-72 vs winning teams wow

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/dak-prescott-total-record-against-winning-teams-in-nfl.523358/

Compare how many SB wins he has to how many SB wins Dak has, I’ll wait…

Yeah Stafford had to get on the right TEAM before he could win a SB. Obviously Stafford wasn't the issue in Detroit.

Same is true for Dak, who is infinitely more successful than Stafford was in Detroit.

Imagine had Denver given up on Elway. They didn't. They kept going until he finally had the right TEAM around him. He was like 100 years old.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#234 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Where have you seen me post anything positive about the direction of the Cowboys moving forward since the loss to the Packers. I said a few weeks ago things were a real mess and I was all out for next season. I'm also at the point where I am not paying Parsons or Lamb either till I see more from them. None of them showed up in that game. They are all a bunch of spoiled azz athletes that think they are entitled to all great things Cowboys because they wear the uniform and the helmet with a star on it. They haven't earned a damn thing till they show up and show me something when it matters most. With McCarthy coming back, I have no problem trading all 3 away if it was possible.

Belichik would be the easiest way to change the entire culture of the team without gutting the entire thing and starting over from scratch. Waiting a decade just to be a playoff team again.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#235 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Are you guys sold on Bland? He seems like a guy who's susceptible to giving up big plays. He's someone who gambles a lot. But I still can't get past the game that Metcalf torched him.

Are you sure you’re not talking about Diggs? Bland did get beat a few times this year but he doesn’t gamble as much as Diggs. Bland is actually pretty solid all the way around.

I will say this though, the change to the defense could really affect both Bland and Diggs. How much of their success was because of the pass rush? I fully expect the pass rush to take a major step back under Zimmer. Zimmer doesn’t like to blitz and plays more of a bend but don’t break defense. It’s goI’m no to be interesting to see how they perform when the QB isn’t running for his life.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#236 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:30 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Belichik would be the easiest way to change the entire culture of the team without gutting the entire thing and starting over from scratch. Waiting a decade just to be a playoff team again.

I know some people think Belichick could never work for Jerry but the exact same thing was said about Belichick’s mentor (Bill Parcels). Money talks. I will say this about Belichick, if he did agree to coach the Cowboys the penalties would almost immediately stop.

I still think that Belichick is going to end up coaching the Giants and Deion & Shedeur Sanders will be coming to Dallas.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#237 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:32 pm

Bland was solid the entire year, except for two games, and in those two games he got absolutely eaten alive. One long pass after another.

Green Bay was one of those games for him. He got destroyed. The other was Seattle I believe. IIRC

Outside of those he was a shut down CB, and more than just the pick-6s
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#238 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Now your getting it a little bit. Now you have finally realized why after 4 days after the Green bay loss Jerry brought back McCarthy and I posted I was all out for this upcoming season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#239 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Much of the culture I can't see changing unless Jerry pulls all non related football divisions out of the stadium for starters. No more weekly press conferences for Jerry and being the spokesman for the Cowboys in the media is something that needs to be done but can't see happening. And these off field pod cast that Parsons is doing would be a no, no. Drives me nuts that for the past 2 decades Cowboy players think they are entitled before they even do anything selling their brands. Its not a winning formula. I could go on here but I think you should get the picture.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,480

Post#240 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I just heard and read that Jerry is looking to replace T. Smith with his first pick. There is some rumblings, rumors and now some mocks having the Cowboys making a huge trade with the Raiders and moving up to pick, #13, and taking this kid out of Penn State. Olumuyiwa Fashanu- 6"6"/ 317lbs. How would you like this guy Mr. B.? :eyebrows:

Fashanu is the one Tackle prospect I don't like. He's being mocked way too early in my eyes.

Is there something specifically you don’t like?

His hands are the smallest ever recorded for an OT. I'm not kidding. Kenny Pickett might have larger hands.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to Dallas Cowboys