2024 Cowboys Draft

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#201 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Obviously finding a good QB has a lot to with luck but you can say that about any position. Right now the Cowboys have a guy in charge of the draft that knows how to spot talent. Remember he’s the same guy that drafted Dak. So if that guy is in charge of finding a new QB for the Cowboys I feel ok about that. Do I expect he will find a QB within 1 year, no. In all honesty it will likely take a couple of years. To me that would be more exciting than knowing this team is going to win 10 games or so and flame out in round 1 or 2.

I think they just need to move on from McCarthy & hire the right coach to replace him. If they did that, they could win the whole thing imo. I think sometimes we lose sight of just how important coaching can be. Especially for this sport. McCarthy teams underachieved in the playoffs for years in Green Bay. Honestly, they should have gotten to more than just the one Super Bowl. They should have played in several more.

It's why I'm optimistic about the Hawks now going forward. They still need to find their long-term QB. But they got the right guy to replace Carroll. They could've hired Dan Quinn. But not much would have changed in all likelihood. Instead, they got a guy who's considered one of the younger bright defensive minds.

Please. McCarthy is only part of the problem. :lol: :rofl: :falloff: You still make me laugh even still, after 9 years.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,050

Post#202 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Obviously finding a good QB has a lot to with luck but you can say that about any position. Right now the Cowboys have a guy in charge of the draft that knows how to spot talent. Remember he’s the same guy that drafted Dak. So if that guy is in charge of finding a new QB for the Cowboys I feel ok about that. Do I expect he will find a QB within 1 year, no. In all honesty it will likely take a couple of years. To me that would be more exciting than knowing this team is going to win 10 games or so and flame out in round 1 or 2.

I think they just need to move on from McCarthy & hire the right coach to replace him. If they did that, they could win the whole thing imo. I think sometimes we lose sight of just how important coaching can be. Especially for this sport. McCarthy teams underachieved in the playoffs for years in Green Bay. Honestly, they should have gotten to more than just the one Super Bowl. They should have played in several more.

It's why I'm optimistic about the Hawks now going forward. They still need to find their long-term QB. But they got the right guy to replace Carroll. They could've hired Dan Quinn. But not much would have changed in all likelihood. Instead, they got a guy who's considered one of the younger bright defensive minds.

Coaching is definitely part of the problem however the problem goes deeper than just that. I don’t think Dak has the intestinal fortitude to handle playoff pressure. He clearly has the talent and knowledge of the offense to be successful in the playoffs however the problem is he folds under pressure. He can’t handle the big stage and bright lights. This past playoffs loss is a perfect example. Go back and watch the game and you can see the fear in his eyes. You can tell by the look on his face that the pressure was too much for him. That’s not someone that deserves to be the highest paid player in NFL history if you ask me.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#203 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Coaching is definitely part of the problem however the problem goes deeper than just that. I don’t think Dak has the intestinal fortitude to handle playoff pressure. He clearly has the talent and knowledge of the offense to be successful in the playoffs however the problem is he folds under pressure. He can’t handle the big stage and bright lights. This past playoffs loss is a perfect example. Go back and watch the game and you can see the fear in his eyes. You can tell by the look on his face that the pressure was too much for him. That’s not someone that deserves to be the highest paid player in NFL history if you ask me.

Well, :lol: So far you have two of the major problems. Keep going. There has to be more. :wink: :gossip:
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,158

Post#204 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:40 am

Dak is fine under pressure. The entire roster folded vs Green Bay. That's a coaching issue.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#205 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:40 am

Belichick is available too smh
Mr B
RealGM

Post#206 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:42 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I think they just need to move on from McCarthy & hire the right coach to replace him. If they did that, they could win the whole thing imo. I think sometimes we lose sight of just how important coaching can be. Especially for this sport. McCarthy teams underachieved in the playoffs for years in Green Bay. Honestly, they should have gotten to more than just the one Super Bowl. They should have played in several more.

Well, :lol: So far you have two of the major problems. Keep going. There has to be more. :wink: :gossip:

We all know the Jones’ are the real problem but that’s never going to change. No sense in talking about getting rid of them since they own the team and it will never happen.

Dak and McCarthy will both be gone at some point though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#207 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:18 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Belichick is available too smh

He will likely go to the Giants and will have the #1 pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#208 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Dak is fine under pressure. The entire roster folded vs Green Bay. That's a coaching issue.

Dak is only good under pressure when he is playing weak teams. Put him up against good and great teams or playoff teams, he folds his tent early. Fine under pressure, :falloff:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#209 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak is fine under pressure. The entire roster folded vs Green Bay. That's a coaching issue.

Dak is only good under pressure when he is playing weak teams. Put him up against good and great teams or playoff teams, he folds his tent early. Fine under pressure, :falloff:

Stop it, he's beat good teams and has playoff wins. Aside from that in the NFL almost every game is a big stage.

The only stage bigger that he hasn't seen is the SB.

The TEAM as a whole failed vs Green Bay. Expand your knowledge past the QB position please. Our secondary had the worst game of the entire season that game. Packers put up 48 f**cking points while Dak put up 32. We would have won that despite Dak's INTs if our defense could stop ANYTHING that game.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#210 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Mr B
RealGM

Post#211 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:07 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Stop it, he's beat good teams and has playoff wins. Aside from that in the NFL almost every game is a big stage.

The TEAM as a whole failed vs Green Bay. Expand your knowledge past the QB position please. Our secondary had the worst game of the entire season that game. Packers put up 48 f**cking points while Dak put up 32. We would have won that despite Dak's INTs if our defense could stop ANYTHING that game.

He’s 2-5 in the playoffs and those 2 wins did not come in the same year. So you’re telling me that out of the 5 times he lost it was always some else’s fault. Dak played great in every loss and if not for his teammate he would have won those games? None of the losses are on him? Is that what you’re saying?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#212 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:08 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

He hasn’t seen an NFC Championship game either.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#213 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:13 pm

It's a fake narrative. Dak is 22-24 vs .500+ teams in his career (.468) and there are only a handful of QBs with a better % than that over that time. Brady (.611), Mahomes (.647) and Allen and Lamar who are both exactly .500

Same fake narrative as Romo being a "choker" despite having more come from behind victories than any other QB during his time.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#214 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:15 pm

We've got 12-5 for 3 seasons straight now. Obviously there are some winning teams in that mix lol
Mr B
RealGM

Post#215 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:It's a fake narrative. Dak is 22-24 vs .500+ teams in his career (.468) and there are only a handful of QBs with a better % than that over that time. Brady (.611), Mahomes (.647) and Allen and Lamar who are both exactly .500

Same fake narrative as Romo being a "choker" despite having more come from behind victories than any other QB during his time.

Are you talking regular season or playoffs? Do the same numbers except separate regular season from the playoffs. I’d like to see how those compare.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#216 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:25 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We've got 12-5 for 3 seasons straight now. Obviously there are some winning teams in that mix lol

I believe in the 12 games they won last year 3 of the 12 wins came against teams with .500 or better record. One was Seattle who was right at .500.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#217 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We've got 12-5 for 3 seasons straight now. Obviously there are some winning teams in that mix lol

When are they raising the “you won 12 regular season games” banner at the Stadium? They should do it during Thanksgiving! We can all be thankful for getting our participation banner!
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#218 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:42 pm

Mr B wrote:

When are they raising the “you won 12 regular season games” banner at the Stadium? They should do it during Thanksgiving! We can all be thankful for getting our participation banner!

Strawman. You guys are claiming Dak doesn't beat winning teams, I am showing you that isn't true.

What happens is we get blown out by SF and then you guys go into black and white mode and knee-jerk declare "Dak can't beat ANY good team!".

Our real story is that the ENTIRE TEAM (53 man roster + coaching staff) loses early in the playoffs every year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#219 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#220 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:32 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Dak is only good under pressure when he is playing weak teams. Put him up against good and great teams or playoff teams, he folds his tent early. Fine under pressure, :falloff:

He’s 2-5 in the playoffs and those 2 wins did not come in the same year. So you’re telling me that out of the 5 times he lost it was always some else’s fault. Dak played great in every loss and if not for his teammate he would have won those games? None of the losses are on him? Is that what you’re saying?

Been telling for 2 years when it comes to Dak, he can do no wrong in Micah's eyes.

Return to Dallas Cowboys