Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#61 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:My crystal ball says they take a Tackle.

That’s the biggest need right now for the Cowboys. They’ve been in this position before though when they drafted Dez Bryant and CeeDee Lamb. Both times the Cowboys needed defense. When they drafted Lamb they also already had Amari Cooper. Both times they drafted the best available player (the WR). It worked out both times because each player ended up being the best player they could have drafted at their spot. So with that in mind I would not be shocked if they drafted a WR first this year.

Other than JPJ, who do you want them to draft?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#62 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:58 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:My crystal ball says they take a Tackle.

That’s the biggest need right now for the Cowboys. They’ve been in this position before though when they drafted Dez Bryant and CeeDee Lamb. Both times the Cowboys needed defense. When they drafted Lamb they also already had Amari Cooper. Both times they drafted the best available player (the WR). It worked out both times because each player ended up being the best player they could have drafted at their spot. So with that in mind I would not be shocked if they drafted a WR first this year.

Other than JPJ, who do you want them to draft?

I want the Cowboys to draft the best available player regardless of position. They have so many needs there are a number of players that could help them. I would hate to see the Cowboys draft a player simply because he plays a position of need.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:42 pm

I couldn't help but laugh when I was looking at the Cowboy salary cap and financial sheet. As of right now, the Cowboys have 162.2 mill committed to offense, 77.6 mill on defense and 5.9 mill on special teams. Offense has more than double the spent resources than the defense.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#64 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I couldn't help but laugh when I was looking at the Cowboy salary cap and financial sheet. As of right now, the Cowboys have 162.2 mill committed to offense, 77.6 mill on defense and 5.9 mill on special teams. Offense has more than double the spent resources than the defense.

That's probably every NFL team due to the QB position. I bet the Chief's situation is similar.

Maybe a team like the 49ers isn't, but Purdy isn't typical and that situation is an outlier.

Also it might be different once Parsons get his big pay day.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#65 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:59 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I couldn't help but laugh when I was looking at the Cowboy salary cap and financial sheet. As of right now, the Cowboys have 162.2 mill committed to offense, 77.6 mill on defense and 5.9 mill on special teams. Offense has more than double the spent resources than the defense.

That's probably every NFL team due to the QB position. I bet the Chief's situation is similar.

Maybe a team like the 49ers isn't, but Purdy isn't typical and that situation is an outlier.

If I'm the Cowboys I'm doing their contracts now. Its only going to get more expensive waiting another year or two. How long do you think Parsons is going to be happy only making 2.5 mill this year?
And the Chiefs are not in the same situation. They made the best move in free agency and resigned Chris Jones. The extra cap money also allowed them to retain Snead! Mahomes also restructured his contract last week freeing up 21.2 mill. I mean talk about a guy that gets it. Brady was never the highest paid QB in all the years he played and looked how that worked out. Dak freed up only 4 mill and added dead money to the 2025 season, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#66 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

If I'm the Cowboys I'm doing their contracts now. Its only going to get more expensive waiting another year or two. How long do you think Parsons is going to be happy only making 2.5 mill this year?
And the Chiefs are not in the same situation. They made the best move in free agency and resigned Chris Jones. The extra cap money also allowed them to retain Snead! Mahomes also restructured his contract last week freeing up 21.2 mill. I mean talk about a guy that gets it. Brady was never the highest paid QB in all the years he played and looked how that worked out. Dak freed up only 4 mill and added dead money to the 2025 season, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

They were VERY similar before the Mahomes restructure
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/positional/offense/2024/active-cap/

Dallas is doing exactly what you want. They are trying to pay Dak off now. I mean do you want them to push all of Dak's contract over to next season like Mahomes?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#67 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:51 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:That's probably every NFL team due to the QB position. I bet the Chief's situation is similar.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/positional/offense/2024/active-cap/

Dallas is doing exactly what you want. They are trying to pay Dak off now. I mean do you want them to push all of Dak's contract over to next season like Mahomes?

Its easier for the Chiefs to push Mahomes contract over the next 7 years than it is for the Cowboys to push Dak's contract over 1 year. Its obvious to me Dak is just a selfish prick at this point. He's all about money instead of team. Your boy plus Jerry (another one you defend as a God) are the reasons you have nothing to look forward to next season. And by the way, that tiny restructure Dak did to free up a few mill, is pushed to next year's dead cap space whether he is here or not next season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#68 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If I'm the Cowboys I'm doing their contracts now. Its only going to get more expensive waiting another year or two. How long do you think Parsons is going to be happy only making 2.5 mill this year?

Its easier for the Chiefs to push Mahomes contract over the next 7 years than it is for the Cowboys to push Dak's contract over 1 year. Its obvious to me Dak is just a selfish prick at this point. He's all about money instead of team. Your boy plus Jerry (another one you defend as a God) are the reasons you have nothing to look forward to next season. And by the way, that tiny restructure Dak did to free up a few mill, is pushed to next year's dead cap space whether he is here or not next season.

Right, they only pushed the smallest amount possible over to get by this season because they are trying to play out Dak's contract. You don't want them doing what they are doing with Mahomes. :lol:

You are upset at Dallas for doing exactly what you want them to do because you just want to complain no matter what it is they do.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#69 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:They were VERY similar before the Mahomes restructure

Right, they only pushed the smallest amount possible over to get by this season because they are trying to play out Dak's contract. You don't want them doing what they are doing with Mahomes. :lol:

You are upset at Dallas for doing exactly what you want them to do because you just want to complain no matter what it is they do.

They didn't do exactly what I wanted or Dumb Dak would have been gone a long time ago. You made your bed sleeping with Dak and Jerry, sleep in it.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#70 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Its easier for the Chiefs to push Mahomes contract over the next 7 years than it is for the Cowboys to push Dak's contract over 1 year. Its obvious to me Dak is just a selfish prick at this point. He's all about money instead of team. Your boy plus Jerry (another one you defend as a God) are the reasons you have nothing to look forward to next season. And by the way, that tiny restructure Dak did to free up a few mill, is pushed to next year's dead cap space whether he is here or not next season.

They didn't do exactly what I wanted or Dumb Dak would have been gone a long time ago. You made your bed sleeping with Dak and Jerry, sleep in it.

You just called out Dak for being greedy and Jerry for not doing what the Chiefs did with Mahomes. But if they did that we would be paying for Dak even longer. They did the exact thing YOU want them to do.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#71 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Right, they only pushed the smallest amount possible over to get by this season because they are trying to play out Dak's contract. You don't want them doing what they are doing with Mahomes. :lol:

You just called out Dak for being greedy and Jerry for not doing what the Chiefs did with Mahomes. But if they did that we would be paying for Dak even longer. They did the exact thing YOU want them to do.

No they didn't. I would have just let Dak play out his contract this year and then blow the whole thing up at the end of the season and start over. I would start this upcoming draft if it was up to me. And after the Green bay debacle, McCarthy would have been fired the following Monday along with Dan Quinn.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#72 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:18 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Right, they only pushed the smallest amount possible over to get by this season because they are trying to play out Dak's contract. You don't want them doing what they are doing with Mahomes. :lol:

Jerry can't do what the Chiefs did for Mahomes for Dak. Mahomes still has 7 years left on his contract and your boy only has 1 which is why Dak will be screwing over the Cowboys for the 4th straight year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#73 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:24 pm

They had to restructure some just to sign who they have now and the coming rookies. I think they did the min.

It's ideal for anyone who wants Dak out. But here you are calling Dak greedy for not restructuring even more like Mahomes.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#74 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:29 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:They had to restructure some just to sign who they have now and the coming rookies. I think they did the min.

It's ideal for anyone who wants Dak out. But here you are calling Dak greedy for not restructuring even more like Mahomes.

He is being greedy. Dak isn't betting on himself anymore. Take the money and run. Real team guy.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#75 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:19 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:They had to restructure some just to sign who they have now and the coming rookies. I think they did the min.

He is being greedy. Dak isn't betting on himself anymore. Take the money and run. Real team guy.

He just agreed to what was asked of him. You're just so accustomed to whining about everything that you whine even when things go your way.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#76 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:49 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

He just agreed to what was asked of him. You're just so accustomed to whining about everything that you whine even when things go your way.

Dak has never lived up to what was asked of him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#77 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:51 pm

I for one would be perfectly fine with Dak playing out the terms of this year and moving on and the Cowboys taking the hit this season and moving on as well.

Did I do that right?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#78 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:08 pm

See, this is exactly what the new generation Cowboy fans do. Especially the Dak lovers. Every time he stinks the joint up, loses a big game or a playoff game, you guys start bitching and crabbing about "we need to give Dak more and better weapons". The O-line needs to be better and we need a big time back in free agency now that we lost Pollard. The defense also sucked last year in many games and we need DT's and LB's. Plus we have to sign our two best players in Parsons and Lamb and get them locked into the future. Well, when you have less than 10 mill in current cap space its pretty much impossible to make a slash in free agency the way you were hoping, put money aside for the players you are about and need to draft when your damn QB, who is average at best is taking up almost 22% of the teams cap space at 55 mill. The numbers just don't support what you want the Cowboys to do to help your boy look good anymore. They've already tried and Dak has never come through. You said in an earlier post you have nothing exciting to look forward to next season. Your boy and Jerry deserve all the blame in this one.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#79 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:12 pm

Just shut up, you should be doing back flips right now. They could have EASILY given Dak a fresh record breaking contract to free up space and sign free agents. Everyone thought that was going to be the case.

But no, all indications show they are deciding to move on from Dak. You're getting the one thing you wanted more than anything else. So just say "thank you Jerry" and move on. You don't have to constantly find new reasons to whine.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#80 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:32 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Just shut up, you should be doing back flips right now. They could have EASILY given Dak a fresh record breaking contract to free up space and sign free agents. Everyone thought that was going to be the case.

But no, all indications show they are deciding to move on from Dak. You're getting the one thing you wanted more than anything else. So just say "thank you Jerry" and move on. You don't have to constantly find new reasons to whine.

I'll start doing back flips when Dak is officially out of here. I haven't got what I wanted yet because Dak is still here taking 55 mill away from us and doesn't deserve a dime of it. He can go get a fresh record contract somewhere else. The absolute best thing for the Cowboys is to blow this thing all up and start over with a small handful of players they still have left. All Dak needs to do is waive his no trade clause and I bet Jerry trades him off on or before the draft which is exactly what the Cowboys should be doing and best moving forward. We can only hope. And I'm not the one whining here. Its you and fans like you that have been up in arms since free agency took off. Once again you guys all bought into Jerry's promise of going all in, not me. I'm just pointing out the financial facts that Jerry's promise to you all of going all in the way you wanted, is pretty much impossible under the current climate. You bought into that crap, not me. I was already out for this upcoming season when Jerry brought back McCarthy before all this other stuff starting surfacing. I have no expectation for the Cowboys as long as Dak and McCarthy are still here. That way I won't be upset when they don't make the playoffs this year.

Return to Dallas Cowboys