Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#101 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Picking in the mid teens-20’s hasn’t jolted anything either. I’d prefer to get out from under Dak’s contract and start over with a top pick than just continuing to be a mediocre team. If you’re cool continuing to be mediocre that’s cool, not me though.

We've been 12-5 the last 3 seasons. Mediocre is Jason Garrett's 8-8 seasons. But even with those at least we had playoff games to watch.

Yes I'd take that over what the Panthers and Bryce Young are going through because that is unwatchable.

We've only had two sub .500 seasons in the last decade and both came because of QB injuries. And both of those seasons were unwatchable.

How many playoff wins?

2 playoff wins in 8 years of Dak. WHEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cowboys have always been an elite brand, but the last 8 years has been a horrible product.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#102 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:05 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:So, when is Bjj going to put out his prospect rankings list?

I'm looking forward to this too, that way we will know who the busts are going to be.

Micah, you might be on to something! :wink:

His favorite player by far last year was Mazi & Ike Ekwonu the year before.

Oh please. Your being a drama queen just trying to start something. My current favorite players in the NFL are not even on the Cowboys team.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#103 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'm looking forward to this too, that way we will know who the busts are going to be.

Oh please. Your being a drama queen just trying to start something. My current favorite players in the NFL are not even on the Cowboys team.

Those we're your draft crushes, we're they not?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#104 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:So, when is Bjj going to put out his prospect rankings list?

I'm looking forward to this too, that way we will know who the busts are going to be.

Oh please. Micah has so much egg on his face from defending Dumb Dak and that bust the past 4 years he can hardly wait till I screw up somewhere. That's his mission now because he has lost with that Loser Dak and was completely wrong about him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#105 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:14 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Micah, you might be on to something! :wink:

Mazi for sure. I thought Ekwonu we got from the Raiders in some deal. Can't remember at the moment. My two favorite current players were LVE and Pollard. They are both gone now. I think my favorite Cowboy players next year will either be Cooper Rush or Trey Lance.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#106 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Oh please. Your being a drama queen just trying to start something. My current favorite players in the NFL are not even on the Cowboys team.

Mazi for sure. I thought Ekwonu we got from the Raiders in some deal. Can't remember at the moment. My two favorite current players were LVE and Pollard. They are both gone now. I think my favorite Cowboy players next year will either be Cooper Rush or Trey Lance.

I meant Ikem Ekwonu. The Tackle that was taken by Carolina. He was your #1 player that year coming out.

Kyle Hamilton was my top player. I also was really high on Sauce.

The one guy that I missed on from that draft was Evan Neal. I thought he would be a really good Left Tackle. The Giants moved him to the right side & he's been a disaster. But I still think he would have been much better off as a LT from day one.

Ekwonu has underwhelmed. He gave up double digit sacks last season. Also tied for the third most penalties among Tackles.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#107 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:32 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Those we're your draft crushes, we're they not?

I meant Ikem Ekwonu. The Tackle that was taken by Carolina. He was your #1 player that year coming out.

Kyle Hamilton was my top player. I also was really high on Sauce.

The one guy that I missed on from that draft was Evan Neal. I thought he would be a really good Left Tackle. The Giants moved him to the right side & he's been a disaster. But I still think he would have been much better off as a LT from day one.

Ekwonu has underwhelmed. He gave up double digit sacks last season. Also tied for the third most penalties among Tackles.

Everyone in Carolina is underwhelming. Talk about a mess. Can't blame that on him. Mazi on the other hand better get his finger out of his butt this year or I will have plenty of egg on my face for that one. Hopefully Zimmer can use him more effectively than Dan the bonehead Quinn.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#108 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
We've been 12-5 the last 3 seasons. Mediocre is Jason Garrett's 8-8 seasons. But even with those at least we had playoff games to watch.

Yes I'd take that over what the Panthers and Bryce Young are going through because that is unwatchable.

We've only had two sub .500 seasons in the last decade and both came because of QB injuries. And both of those seasons were unwatchable.

How many playoff wins?

You're asking me if I would rather be what we are now, or tank. One is watchable football and the other isn't. One at least has a playoff game to watch, the other doesn't.

What good is watching knowing they will be a 1st round exit (or 2nd round at best)? Either way the season is a failure. Again, if you’re ok with 12 win seasons that end in round 1 that’s fine but I’d honestly rather they tank for a couple season, got a high pick or 2, and start over. Right now they are just treading in mud going nowhere.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#109 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

How many playoff wins?

2 playoff wins in 8 years of Dak. WHEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cowboys have always been an elite brand, but the last 8 years has been a horrible product.

This is the toxic culture that Jerry has built. I’m guessing Micah is too young to even remember the 90’s SB’s. Jerry has built a fanbase that is ok with losing in the playoffs as long as they win during the regular season. It’s sad really.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#110 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:How many playoff wins?

You're asking me if I would rather be what we are now, or tank. One is watchable football and the other isn't. One at least has a playoff game to watch, the other doesn't.

What good is watching knowing they will be a 1st round exit (or 2nd round at best)? Either way the season is a failure. Again, if you’re ok with 12 win seasons that end in round 1 that’s fine but I’d honestly rather they tank for a couple season, got a high pick or 2, and start over. Right now they are just treading in mud going nowhere.

I didn't say I was okay with 12 wins and playoff loss. That is a strawman. I said I'd rather have 12 wins than 2 wins.

What good is watching? our entertainment. Can't lose sight of that. We had 12 wins this season and that is 12 times you enjoyed yourself watching football. Not only that but Bland's record breaking season was special. Cowboy fans enjoyed themselves more than Panther fans did this season. And your enjoyment is what it is all about.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#111 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:How many playoff wins?

This is the toxic culture that Jerry has built. I’m guessing Micah is too young to even remember the 90’s SB’s. Jerry has built a fanbase that is ok with losing in the playoffs as long as they win during the regular season. It’s sad really.

Its beyond toxic. Like I said in an earlier post, if it wasn't for Jimmy Johnson, Jerry would be considered one of if not one of the worst owners in NFL history. Right there with the Browns and Jets owner. The younger generation Cowboy fans just don't get it. They can't see what has been in front of their eyes for over two decades. Its beyond stupid at this point. But when you come from and live in a state where they keep electing people like Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott, its starting to make sense now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#112 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:14 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Just shut up, you should be doing back flips right now. They could have EASILY given Dak a fresh record breaking contract to free up space and sign free agents. Everyone thought that was going to be the case.

But no, all indications show they are deciding to move on from Dak. You're getting the one thing you wanted more than anything else. So just say "thank you Jerry" and move on. You don't have to constantly find new reasons to whine.

So forget all that crap for a moment. When Jerry said all in, what was your plan moving forward? Pretend you are the Cowboy GM for a moment and tell me how you would have moved forward after we lost to the Packers?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#113 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Just shut up, you should be doing back flips right now. They could have EASILY given Dak a fresh record breaking contract to free up space and sign free agents. Everyone thought that was going to be the case.

But no, all indications show they are deciding to move on from Dak. You're getting the one thing you wanted more than anything else. So just say "thank you Jerry" and move on. You don't have to constantly find new reasons to whine.

So forget all that crap for a moment. When Jerry said all in, what was your plan moving forward? Pretend you are the Cowboy GM for a moment and tell me how you would have moved forward after we lost to the Packers?

I wanted a true all in. Signing Patrick Queen and Derrick Henry. Maybe even trade away the coming draft for another big time piece. The fact that you don't know that makes me think you don't read anything I type in here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#114 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:54 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I wanted a true all in. Signing Patrick Queen and Derrick Henry. Maybe even trade away the coming draft for another big time piece. The fact that you don't know that makes me think you don't read anything I type in here.

O.K. That would have taken 29.6 mill just for signing Queen and Henry. We only have about 6 mill in current cap space so what moves do you make to pull off those signings? And that's not counting signing our upcoming draft picks. Would Mike McCarthy been part of your all in?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#115 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So forget all that crap for a moment. When Jerry said all in, what was your plan moving forward? Pretend you are the Cowboy GM for a moment and tell me how you would have moved forward after we lost to the Packers?

O.K. That would have taken 29.6 mill just for signing Queen and Henry. We only have about 6 mill in current cap space so what moves do you make to pull off those signings? And that's not counting signing our upcoming draft picks. Would Mike McCarthy been part of your all in?

Obviously it would required a complete new Dak contract backloaded. Could also backload Queen and Henry and anyone else. That is why I've been saying you should be doing backflips. All the FAs are gone, if they were going to create room they would have had to give Dak a new contract, but instead it looks like they favor playing out Dak's contract. That is what YOU want.

And no, Belichick would be the head coach
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#116 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:06 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I wanted a true all in. Signing Patrick Queen and Derrick Henry. Maybe even trade away the coming draft for another big time piece. The fact that you don't know that makes me think you don't read anything I type in here.

Obviously it would required a complete new Dak contract backloaded. Could also backload Queen and Henry and anyone else. That is why I've been saying you should be doing backflips. All the FAs are gone, if they were going to create room they would have had to give Dak a new contract, but instead it looks like they favor playing out Dak's contract. That is what YOU want.

Never mind me doing back flips and what I want. What do you want the Cowboys to do?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#117 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:O.K. That would have taken 29.6 mill just for signing Queen and Henry. We only have about 6 mill in current cap space so what moves do you make to pull off those signings? And that's not counting signing our upcoming draft picks. Would Mike McCarthy been part of your all in?

Never mind me doing back flips and what I want. What do you want the Cowboys to do?

I just told you... did you read?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#118 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:36 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Obviously it would required a complete new Dak contract backloaded. Could also backload Queen and Henry and anyone else. That is why I've been saying you should be doing backflips. All the FAs are gone, if they were going to create room they would have had to give Dak a new contract, but instead it looks like they favor playing out Dak's contract. That is what YOU want.

Not completely. So you go out and get Henry and Queen and pay the 29.6 mill. How do you make it work? Who do you cut? D you extend your boy? If so how does the restructure work? What if Dak doesn't like or want to restructure? How do you plan on paying the upcoming draft choices, etc,.?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#119 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Never mind me doing back flips and what I want. What do you want the Cowboys to do?

Not completely. So you go out and get Henry and Queen and pay the 29.6 mill. How do you make it work? Who do you cut? D you extend your boy? If so how does the restructure work? What if Dak doesn't like or want to restructure? How do you plan on paying the upcoming draft choices, etc,.?

If the Cowboys wanted to they could have converted salary into signing bonus for Diggs, Tank, and Steele in order to create cap space (without touching Dak’s contract). They should have been able to create enough cap space to sign both Queen and Henry.

The thing you guys aren’t talking about or factoring in is that Stephen and Will McClay value comp picks over other team’s free agents. I believe the max number of comp picks a team can get is 4. The Cowboys should get 4 comp picks in the 2025 draft as long as they don’t sign any free agents this season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#120 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:01 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I just told you... did you read?

If the Cowboys wanted to they could have converted salary into signing bonus for Diggs, Tank, and Steele in order to create cap space (without touching Dak’s contract). They should have been able to create enough cap space to sign both Queen and Henry.

The thing you guys aren’t talking about or factoring in is that Stephen and Will McClay value comp picks over other team’s free agents. I believe the max number of comp picks a team can get is 4. The Cowboys should get 4 comp picks in the 2025 draft as long as they don’t sign any free agents this season.

All the more reason to tank as you were suggesting earlier. Hopefully we will get off to a horrible start to the season and then go into full tank mode.

Return to Dallas Cowboys