[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

RGIII Meet Gilbert Arenas (Official RG3 Injury Thread)

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: RGIII Meet Gilbert Arenas (Official RG3 Injury Thread) 

Post#21 » by LyricalRico » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Bump for the busted ankle. Hard to not think he's done as an impact player.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#22 » by Rafael122 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Man his rookie year was great, at least we have that memory. The word is it's a dislocated ankle with a possible fracture. If it's broken, then he's done for the year. Quite frankly, I still believe in him. I really thought it was a knee and by then, I would think "yeah he's done." But this is Cousins' time, there are so many Cousins fans that this will be the final determination as to whether he's a starter or not.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#23 » by Sluggerface » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:33 am

I don't think this kid is anywhere near done. Even if his mobility is shot, his potential as a passer is clear as day. He's one of more accurate passers I've seen in a while and has one of the most beautiful deep ball's in the league. No way this guy is done. If not for the Redskins, he'll bounce back with another team.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#24 » by FreeBalling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:30 am

He's reckless with the ball and I'm not sure if he should be leading this team. He almost seems like he has a low football IQ. He can't be a superstar on every play.

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:58 am

He's extremely bright, everyone has said so but he's also very aware of what the critics are saying about him. It's like I said in another thread, he's trying to prove his doubters wrong and that's no way to play the game.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

According to Jason Cole, it looks like a 4-5 week injury for him. That puts him around Week 7 (vs Titans)or 8 (at Dallas) , depending on what happens.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#27 » by LyricalRico » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Rafael122 wrote:According to Jason Cole, it looks like a 4-5 week injury for him. That puts him around Week 7 (vs Titans)or 8 (at Dallas) , depending on what happens.

If that's the case, they might as well just commit to giving Cousins up until the bye in week 10 after the Vikings. That's 8 starts - half a season. If he's good, he keeps the job. If he's not, RG3 has 2 weeks to prep before facing a lesser opponent in Tampa Bay in week 11.

But if there's also a fracture involved (as has been speculated) then it's a moot point because I've heard that's anywhere from 6-12 months.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#28 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:According to Jason Cole, it looks like a 4-5 week injury for him. That puts him around Week 7 (vs Titans)or 8 (at Dallas) , depending on what happens.

If that's the case, they might as well just commit to giving Cousins up until the bye in week 10 after the Vikings. That's 8 starts - half a season. If he's good, he keeps the job. If he's not, RG3 has 2 weeks to prep before facing a lesser opponent in Tampa Bay in week 11.

But if there's also a fracture involved (as has been speculated) then it's a moot point because I've heard that's anywhere from 6-12 months.

According to RG 3, there's no fracture. But I totally agree, I think he should come back after the bye week. If it's a 4-5 week injury, give him the two months to recover. If I'm not mistaken, it's his left ankle, I think it's the right foot that he plants with.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#29 » by FreeBalling » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:39 am

Rafael122 wrote:He's extremely bright, everyone has said so but he's also very aware of what the critics are saying about him. It's like I said in another thread, he's trying to prove his doubters wrong and that's no way to play the game.

Rafael, we are going to disagree on the critical thinking process. However, I agree with you that Robert is trying to prove his doubters wrong. That's a great quality in an athlete.

Here is what I see. Robert is constantly putting himself in unneeded situations that involve a high level of risk/injury. I see it as NOT playing smart football. I think Robert needs to learn how take less impact on his body. Part of his responsibility is to be the leader on the following play. Getting hurt only reduces the odds of the next play being a success.

Here is how I see Robert from playing competitive golf. In order to score I realize there are times when I can not go for it on every shot. If I tried to make every shot I'd be playing reckless and that only illuminates my chances of scoring (Making Birdy-1) on the hole. He's got to figure out that it's ok to punt the football, Furthermore, his health is the real asset to the Redskins. Just being on the field provides opportunities to score.

Not knowing how to slide is a big red flag and gives credibility to my argument.

Remember this guy Kelvin Bryant. Kept getting hurt, maybe a little too fragile for the NFL but had all of the great attributes of a great RB.

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#30 » by LyricalRico » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 pm

FreeBalling wrote:Here is how I see Robert from playing competing golf. In order to score I realize there are times when I can not go for it on every shot. If I tried to make every shot I'd be playing reckless and that only illuminates my chances of scoring (Making Birdy-1) on the hole. He's got to figure out that it's ok to punt the football, Furthermore, his health is the real asset to the Redskins. Just being on the field provides opportunities to score.

Not know how to slide is a big red flag and gives credibility to my argument.

Great analogy IMO. It's a 60 minute game, so every play doesn't have to be a big play.

Return to Washington Football Team