[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

RIP Frank Wycheck

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

RIP Frank Wycheck 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:21 am

Former Tennessee Titans tight end Frank Wycheck, who threw the lateral in the famed "Music City Miracle" in the 1999 playoffs, has died, his family announced Sunday. He was 52.

"At this time, it appears Wycheck fell inside his Chattanooga, Tennessee, home and hit his head Saturday morning," the statement read, via the Titans' official website. "He was found unresponsive that afternoon."

Wycheck played 11 seasons in the NFL from 1993 to 2003. A former sixth-round pick out of the University of Maryland, he signed with the Houston Oilers after spending his first two seasons in Washington.

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-titans-te-frank-wycheck-dies-at-age-52

Sad news. :cry: I remember him at UMD and for a couple years with the Burgundy and Gold. Heckuva player and participant in one of the most memorable plays in NFL history. Definitely gone too soon.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Re: RIP Frank Wycheck 

Post#2 » by W. Unseld » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:27 pm

I hate to be such a conspiracy theorist but this sounds fishy...
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: RIP Frank Wycheck 

Post#3 » by LyricalRico » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:41 pm

W. Unseld wrote:I hate to be such a conspiracy theorist but this sounds fishy...

:o Oh man, I hope not. Has anything else come out after the original announcement?

Return to Washington Football Team