ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 off-season: what moves would you like to see??

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 24

2024 off-season: what moves would you like to see?? 

Post#1 » by loveshaq007 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 am

I'd like to see DeMar threaten to walk for free or ask for a (s&t) to us for rui

trade vando and Dlo and 2 picks for kyrie

trade reaves and wood (s&t) for Claxton (s&t) and cam thomas

sign Lonnie Walker

if LeBron wants to be traded to Ohio for Allen and d.mitch... I'm down... also down for AD for bam and jj
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,199

Re: 2024 off-season: what moves would you like to see?? 

Post#2 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:20 am

Going to be a lot of talk about

Firing Ham LOL
T. Young and D. Mitchelle Trade talks
Need a big man next to AD
Last year Lakers Freed Lonnnie, This year Lakers need to Free Max
Bring back Defense
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,981

Post#3 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 pm

This is a tough question.

On one end, Rob could very easily blow it up and start from scratch. Healthiest LeBron and AD seasons and we end up the 7 seed. Running it back would almost certainly result in mediocrity again.

On the other end, he could also go all in for a 3rd star. It's going to be one or the other IMO and I don't know which one I prefer.

6 seasons with LeBron is a lot, much more than I thought we would get.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,291

Post#4 » by Jedi32 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:57 pm

Fire Hamm

Trade D Lo and Rui

Tell Bron he needs to leave some money on the table, so they could be more flexible with the roster.

Check out the asking price for Mitchell, Young, and maybe DeMarr
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#5 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:04 pm

Jedi32 wrote:Fire Hamm
Trade D Lo and Rui
Tell Bron he needs to leave some money on the table, so they could be more flexible with the roster.
Check out the asking price for Mitchell, Young, and maybe DeMarr

Fire Hamm...great, another coach. Hamm was the answer to our last coach, was he not? Who was the answer to the coach issue before him. And so on.

Trade DLo and Rui.....for who? We just shopped DLo around. Zero interest.

Tell Bron he needs to leave $$ on the table.....wants $60 mil. You think he's gonna take 20??

Asking price for a guy like Mitchell?? You can start with 3-4 first rounders. We certainly have nothing else to offer.

Sorry I hate this plan, and it get's us nowhere. This team needed to be blown up after our first sweep. Now it just needs it more so. Hopefully we can still get a good 3 picks or so for Davis. Maybe some 2nd-rounders for a guy like DLo. At this point who cares. Blow it all up. Nobody is worth keeping.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,818

Post#6 » by TylersLakers » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:36 pm

All of this depends on what LeBron wants from a financial perspective. If he's willing to take less, you can do more. If he wants the absolute max, we're not going to have much room.

AD: $43.2M
Rui: $17M
Reaves: $13M
Vincent: $11M
Vando: $10.7M
JHS: $3.9M
Wood: $3.0M (Likely opting in)
Reddish: $2.5M (Likely opting in)
Lewis: $1.9M

Total: $106.2
Cap: $141M
1st Apron: $178M
2nd Apron: $189M

So.. do the math. If LeBron wants the maximum ($51.4M) - We're at $157.6M - If D-Lo wants $20M - We're at the 1st Apron. Zero ability to make any moves, sign any exceptions, etc.

My first course of action would be to deal the 1st round pick, JHS and Vincent for someone like Caruso or someone that makes less than Vincent + JHS' number combined.

My second course of action would be to sell LeBron on what this team is going to look like with his salary cap at ($30M, $40M, $50M) and have the moves ready to go. If LeBron wants to win rings and stay in LA, maybe he looks to take less. I doubt it but he has to understand that if he does go that route, our season will likely end in the 1st or 2nd round every year. Maybe he's okay with that while making $51M a season.
LaLover11
Pro Prospect
And1: 506

Post#7 » by LaLover11 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:47 am

There's interest with the Hawks and Lakers this recent trade deadline.

Reaves, Rui, Gabe for Trae Young
This gets Lakers that true small guard star that can hit 3's and get easy free throws.

Then I would trade D Lo and Vando for Draymond
I know this might be a controversial idea but he would help AD guard Jokic & Gordon

Trae Young, Prince, LeBron, AD, Green
Max Christie, Dinwiddie, Reddish, Woods, Hayes

Get some Buyout & Minimum fillers to finish the rotation

Trae and Green can also run the offense similar to how the warriors did with Dray and Curry to give AD/LeBron rest

Fire Ham and Hire Marc Jackson/ JJ Reddick
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#8 » by Up-And-Coming » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 am

Firstly, Ham has to go unfortunately. Secondly it HAS to be a big offseason and we've finally replenished our assets and at least have quality rotation players on tradable contracts to stack. Aim high this offseason or let Lebron leave. Obviously not all of these players will be available and there will be competition amongst suitors but star priority list goes:

1. Donovan Mitchell - $35 mil (Reaves - $13 mil + Rui - $17 mil + JHS - $4 mil + 3 FRP; quality younger players and it will be sad to see them go but we're forced to make tough decisions and have to go all-in now)

2. Mikal Bridges - $23 mil (Rui - $17 mil + JHS - $4 mil + 2 unprotected FRP or sign and trade D'Angelo (Nets one of the teams where D'Lo makes sense) + picks)

3. Kevin Durant - $52 mil (Sign and trade D'Angelo - $20 mil (Suns also one of the teams where D'Lo makes sense and he's buddies with Booker) + Reaves -$13 mil + Rui - $17 mil)

4. Trae Young - $43 mil (Rui - $17 mil, Reaves - $13 mil, Gabe Vincent - $10.5 mil + 2-3 FRP)

Not sure whether or not D'Angelo picks up his option which would be a big factor but these scenarios are assuming he doesn't pick it up. If we're unable to make one of these trades or at least a comparable all-in trade it probably will be mutually agreed upon that Lebron walks and both parties move forward separately.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#9 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:11 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:Firstly, Ham has to go unfortunately. Secondly it HAS to be a big offseason and we've finally replenished our assets and at least have quality rotation players on tradable contracts to stack. Aim high this offseason or let Lebron leave. Obviously not all of these players will be available and there will be competition amongst suitors but star priority list goes:

1. Donovan Mitchell - $35 mil (Reaves - $13 mil + Rui - $17 mil + JHS - $4 mil + 3 FRP; quality younger players and it will be sad to see them go but we're forced to make tough decisions and have to go all-in now)

2. Mikal Bridges - $23 mil (Rui - $17 mil + JHS - $4 mil + 2 unprotected FRP or sign and trade D'Angelo (Nets one of the teams where D'Lo makes sense) + picks)

3. Kevin Durant - $52 mil (Sign and trade D'Angelo - $20 mil (Suns also one of the teams where D'Lo makes sense and he's buddies with Booker) + Reaves -$13 mil + Rui - $17 mil)

4. Trae Young - $43 mil (Rui - $17 mil, Reaves - $13 mil, Gabe Vincent - $10.5 mil + 2-3 FRP)

Not sure whether or not D'Angelo picks up his option which would be a big factor but these scenarios are assuming he doesn't pick it up. If we're unable to make one of these trades or at least a comparable all-in trade it probably will be mutually agreed upon that Lebron walks and both parties move forward separately.

I was gonna make a huge thread on this but figured just use this one...

Forget everyone you mentioned except Trae Young. Trae Is due for a new team, he Is a real Pg as far as PG's go In this league...

Cavs not going to give up DM and will sign up what ever the contract Is they won't trade him either
Mikal don't really care for
KD no thank you + he won't play for Bron

Trea Is all you really need In a trade and I'm all for Trae trade even If It Includes trading my boy Reaves.
Post Bron Ad/Young would be fun to watch then go get some defenders and a BIG next to AD
Bring back Defense
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Up-And-Coming » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:02 am

SlimShady83 wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:Firstly, Ham has to go unfortunately. Secondly it HAS to be a big offseason and we've finally replenished our assets and at least have quality rotation players on tradable contracts to stack. Aim high this offseason or let Lebron leave. Obviously not all of these players will be available and there will be competition amongst suitors but star priority list goes:

Forget everyone you mentioned except Trae Young. Trae Is due for a new team, he Is a real Pg as far as PG's go In this league...

Cavs not going to give up DM and will sign up what ever the contract Is they won't trade him either

Trea Is all you really need In a trade and I'm all for Trae trade even If It Includes trading my boy Reaves.
Post Bron Ad/Young would be fun to watch then go get some defenders and a BIG next to AD

I just simply think the other's are better options especially against a big physical team like Denver, albeit I acknowledge there's still question marks on whether or not they're even available.

With that said, if Trae is the only option available out of that list I'm now open to the trade discussions more than ever. Trae in theory is a great fit next to AD. I have concerns on how he and Lebron's skillsets will overlap offensively and we all know his defensive concerns but at this point he may be the only other option and this team needs a shakeup. I doubt he'll be the fix-all against the Nuggets but he perhaps can be a better cornerstone alongside Lebron and AD and then afterward we can add a rotation piece or two that matches up better against Denver.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#11 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:

I just simply think the other's are better options especially against a big physical team like Denver, albeit I acknowledge there's still question marks on whether or not they're even available.

I doubt others are on the trade market, which Is why I'm on the Young trade market

With that said, if Trae is the only option available out of that list I'm now open to the trade discussions more than ever. Trae in theory is a great fit next to AD. I have concerns on how he and Lebron's skillsets will overlap offensively and we all know his defensive concerns but at this point he may be the only other option and this team needs a shakeup.

I'm not worried about Trae fitting next too Bron, as he only has maybe 1 year left, But In saying that, If Lakers get Trae Bron would be playing more and more off ball ie spot up 3's etc probably maybe possibly prolong his career another year 2 or so, not a fan of this as I'm not a fan of Bron haha, but If that's your concern, I think Trae Or any other decent PG would pro long Bron's career a little more and have him more off ball.

Hope that's readable lols
Bring back Defense
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#12 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:21 pm

New front office
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:New front office

Not going to happen, but I mostly agree.

Been saying it for a year....This team needs to trade AD for assets, and anyone else we can get picks for (even if 2nd rounders) and start rebuilding. I think we dodged a major bullet not having AD go down for whatever reason. He still mostly has his value. Can we please all admit that this was just a wasted season roaming around 8th-10th place the entire time?

We wanna wait until AFTER AD goes down?? Come on all....this team needs to be rebuilt. Once AD goes out again, we'll never get close to value. So why wait? Anyone really think a new coach fixes all this? New roster. If we could replace the FO as well....I'd be happy with that. This team got Magic for a couple years. And say what you will......his doing or not......he's there for 2-3 years, and magically (pun intended) we make the moves that bring a title. 6-7 years prior.....and the 4-5 years since??? Been a joke.

The Lakers are going nowhere with this roster. Prob going nowhere with the FO too. I don't think they have it in them to rebuild. And I wouldn't trust them to do a great job, if they tried. But it least with extra picks.....we might make get lucky. Sad time in Laker land. We need the next great GM or owner. Get that.....and things will sort out
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#14 » by scoobs07 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:28 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:

I doubt others are on the trade market, which Is why I'm on the Young trade market

With that said, if Trae is the only option available out of that list I'm now open to the trade discussions more than ever. Trae in theory is a great fit next to AD. I have concerns on how he and Lebron's skillsets will overlap offensively and we all know his defensive concerns but at this point he may be the only other option and this team needs a shakeup.

I'm not worried about Trae fitting next too Bron, as he only has maybe 1 year left, But In saying that, If Lakers get Trae Bron would be playing more and more off ball ie spot up 3's etc probably maybe possibly prolong his career another year 2 or so, not a fan of this as I'm not a fan of Bron haha, but If that's your concern, I think Trae Or any other decent PG would pro long Bron's career a little more and have him more off ball.

Hope that's readable lols
I agree with this. It wouldn't look as clunky as the Westbrook fit, because Young is a much better shooter, Lebron himself has become a much improved shooter, and the politics of Young's association with Klutch would likely cause Lebron to have a more "hands off" approach and be more willing to play off ball. Also, I feel that Bron would trust Young more than he did Westbrook, because Young is a higher i.q. player. The coach has to go though, I remember he wanted Westbrook to stand in the corner and shoot threes.
loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#15 » by loveshaq007 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 am

loveshaq007 wrote:I'd like to see DeMar threaten to walk for free or ask for a (s&t) to us for rui

sign Lonnie Walker

if LeBron wants to be traded to Ohio for Allen and d.mitch... I'm down... also down for AD for bam and jj

I think Kyrie isn't attainable if Mavs go far

a legit option is.... Cp3, Wiggins, Brandon, kuminga, and picks.... for LeBron, Gabe, and rui (and cwood and cam. if they opt in).. we waive cp3 (non guaranteed contract)..... we save helllllaaaa money!!!! or we can trade CP3 for somebody who's trying to look for cap relief like the Suns for Kevin Durant (cp3, Wiggins, and frp)

it's a win-win for both. warriors can afford it and they would pay for somebody like LeBron to be paired up with Curry, Draymond, and clay.

trade vando for Claxton (4year 60 mil), trade Wiggins for DeRozan 4 year - 80 mil (if we waive CP3)
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Up-And-Coming » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 pm

loveshaq007 wrote:
loveshaq007 wrote:I'd like to see DeMar threaten to walk for free or ask for a (s&t) to us for rui

sign Lonnie Walker

I think Kyrie isn't attainable if Mavs go far

Yes, Kyrie almost assuredly won't be available because he just had one of the best seasons of his career and he's on a good Mavs squad.

The one "star" guard that might actually become available again is Damian Lillard as the Bucks continue to flounder and are riddled with injuries/bad coaching/older rotation players. Lillard is on a massive contract though and I'm not sure how much interest there would be between the two squads.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:40 pm

You know what would be great? Hear me out......what if the Lakers fire Ham? Everyone seems to think he's the reason for all this mess. Then we get a new coach! The next coach is always the best coach after all. But wait...gets better. Next we give Lebron a massive contract for 2-3 more seasons...whatever he wants. THEN....we draft Bronny! Fans will come back ready for the next season, because we fired the coach, and that was all that was wrong. The media won't get enough of Lebron and Bronny doing cutesy interviews.
And in 2-3 years Lebron will retire. We'll get nothing for him. Bronny will prob get waved, as he's not a very good player, and then we can try to move a now 33-34 year old AD, who'll prob be in street clothes. Knowing our front office, we will have traded away a couple first round picks to get someone like CP3. Maybe we'll give 3 picks to GS for the empty husk that is Klay Thompson (who I woulda LOVED to have had 6-7 years ago). That way...in 3 years, we'll have NOTHING with which to rebuild...and will in fact have gaping holes in our drafting capabilities thanks to a "kick the can down the road" mentality.....that has close to zero chance of delivering a title (can never say zero.....Denver could get blown off the map, there could be a new rule that Father/Son shots count for 5points.....I mean you never know) and we'll pick up the wreckage in 3 years and start trying to rebuild.

Oh wait.....that's a totally sh***y idea. Prob the worst plan out there. Hope your all ready for it.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,519

Post#18 » by elchengue20 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:10 pm

In the Playoffs this team desesperately needs a good point of attack defender to guard Murray, Edwards, Shai, etc.

Trade DLO + whatever draft picks necessary and get Dejounte Murray. If not possible get Caruso or at least a Bruce Brown.

With any cap room exception try to find better 3+D forwards than Taurean Prince and Rui Hachimura.

With the vet min try to get a strong big C that can hang a little with Jokic, Gobert, etc and give AD some mins of rest.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#19 » by mighty_duck » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pm

loveshaq007 wrote:Cp3, Wiggins, Brandon, kuminga, and picks.... for LeBron, Gabe, and rui (and cwood and cam. if they opt in).. we waive cp3 (non guaranteed contract)..... we save helllllaaaa money!!!!

They removed that loophole about 7 years ago. Only the guaranteed portion of a player's contract counts when considering the trade.
The only way to make the trade work is by guaranteeing CP3's contract, but then no money will be saved.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,972

Post#20 » by Landsberger » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:19 pm

Burn it down and start over. You could add a great player to this team and you'll get the same results. The elephant in the room is LeBron. He dominates the offense no matter who's on the floor or who's coaching. He's nearly useless off the ball so Bron-Ball is all you get. He's not going to lead a team to another chip.

We just got a season where Davis and Bron were both 90% healthy... we won a couple more games than last year. The odds of that happening again are pretty slim. It's not getting better with this group.

That's what I want... what we'll see is first round picks going out for whoever can draft his kid... and a massive contract for LeBron to stay and sell some tickets.

Davis isn't going to lead a team anywhere either and the window on getting a haul for him is closing fast.

The management of Dr Buss's team by his kids is nothing short of disastrous.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers