Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Re: PIerce: "Boston fans more knowledgeable than LA fans" 

Post#181 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:38 am

bballcool34 wrote:
That's a nice attempt to be fair-context dude... I said that only after the other guy- after writing a godawful post- went on to write another one in which, he brought up the vaginal lube and tissue stuff as a defining characteristic of all Celtic fans.

Sure, I'll admit I went overboard in that post--but don't act like I started any of it--because the guy said it first, I just responded...whatever though, it's all in good fun.

And greenbeans is right, you'll catch harsh words being spoken on the Celtics board as well, but you'll never find a guy as willfully ignorant as laka4life.

Ah... so you can joke and be raunchy but other people can't. Is it one of those.. Well he did , so I was just doing it to?

Is it a joke and in good fun or is it willfully ignorant? You can't have your cake and eat it to.

And as far as Celtic posters, I guess people read what they want to.

This is the Finals and Laka is fired up. He, like your posters pounce on any Laker coming talking ish just the same.

I think Laka crossed the line of joking and we talked to him about it. But, really.. you want to say you don't have posters who consistently cross the line? Really? lol
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 618

Re: Pierce on Boston/LA fans: "I'm more biased knowing our fans 

Post#182 » by bballcool34 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:44 am

No, he's free to post whatever he wants. It is in good fun for me--and I think for him too--that doesn't make it any less ignorant though--the two aren't contradictions: in fact, they tend to go together. You can, in good fun and thus purposely, be ignorant.

It's not about crossing the line for me--I crossed it every bit as much as he did (though I maintian that I didn't start it)-- it's about the fact that he has trouble reading posts, deciphering them, and coming to a reasonable conclusion about what the other guy meant--in other words, his reading comprehension sucks.

And yes, I'll maintain that we don't have any Celtic fans on our board who are as...well, like him.
Damn
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#183 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:54 am

bballcool34 wrote:No, he's free to post whatever he wants. It is in good fun for me--and I think for him too--that doesn't make it any less ignorant though--the two aren't contradictions: in fact, they tend to go together. You can, in good fun and thus purposely, be ignorant.

It's not about crossing the line for me--I crossed it every bit as much as he did (though I maintian that I didn't start it)-- it's about the fact that he has trouble reading posts, deciphering them, and coming to a reasonable conclusion about what the other guy meant--in other words, his reading comprehension sucks.

I think ignorance comes from those not man enough to decipher who is ignorant and who is joking.

If it's heated, emotional all in good fun back in forths then I can see both sides.
If you believe he is ignorant and you are trying to get the upper hand that's another. To me that looks like you ( assuming you are a grown man) going to your local middle school to show them what time it is. With some extra icing on the cake.. spitting the same dialect and phrases " kids today" use.

And yes, I'll maintain that we don't have any Celtic fans on our board who are as...well, like him.

You have a poster who thinks Kobe purposely injured Bynum last year, while going up for a layup. Because, gasp.. Bynum was playing well.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#184 » by ShowtimeFan » Fri Jun 4, 2010 4:56 am

I don't like the Celtics, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like the Celtics, denigrate means 'to put down'.

Special Thanks to Bob Newhart
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#185 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jun 4, 2010 5:33 am

Wow Celtic fans extremely butt hurt over Peirce getting pol-axed here.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#186 » by Mamba Venom » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:31 am

kobeaki wrote:yeah says a guy who grew up here, pierce is a douche, straight up, and he is pandering to the chowderheads...

He lives here.

So does KG.

If we win I want to run these guys out of town.

Apparently Pierce bought his house because he thought the fans were telling him to move to Malibu. I don't know where he heard 'Mali' from

Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Cqc_Nastyn8
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#187 » by Cqc_Nastyn8 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 8:55 pm

beantownski wrote:all you laker fans should get use to taking about toughness. after game 1 is over, you're going to wish your team had more of it.

:rofl2:

Lets be honest Celtic's fans were dead for 22 years. Now all of a sudden there are "true"celtics fans since the 80s...YAH ok. I see them no different then Cavs fans. Once KG and Ray Allen are done Cetlics go back on a 20 year dead streak. Sure LA has their share of bandwagon, but we have a rich history and EVERYONE knows who the Lakers are. They heard of Magic and Kareem or Shaq and Kobe. I didn't have a clue who Paul Pierce was till 08. Im dead serious
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#188 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jun 4, 2010 11:51 pm

greenbeans wrote:Ok, I'll gtfo, how bout you guys change the title of the thread where you're misquoting Pierce first though? I pointed it out on the first page, and nobody's done anything. The thread title is inflamatory and is getting the locals more riled up than I am.

Freakin Laker fans :lol: :lol: Always talkin ISH to poor Cs fans.

What up greenssss??

Your always welcomed here brah. Dont mind these THUG LIFE LAKER GANGSTAS BRAH. :wink:

Seriuously brah......... Paulin was talkin ish during the NBA Finals Media Availability brah and Dcash does have a valid link to backup the statment.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,088

Post#189 » by dockingsched » Sat Jun 5, 2010 12:14 am

welcome back tony.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#190 » by TonyMontana » Sat Jun 5, 2010 2:44 am

dcash4 wrote:welcome back tony.

Thanks Dc.............. ITS GOOD TO BE BACK MANG :wink:

Now lets win this MF.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,065

Re: Pierce: "I think our fans are a bit more knowledgable. The c 

Post#191 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Jun 7, 2010 3:51 am

Phil X wrote:You are proving our point.

You are pointing out that you, much like most transplants flock to this area albeit for a short period of time or for life.

I arrived in the LA area when I was a few months old. I left for good when I was 14 years old (please don't call me out on the arithmetic there -- it's true, and being that young is the reason I left with my parents). When I moved to LA as an infant, that was my mother's return to the place she'd lived most of the prior 27 years.

That's a fairly decent stretch of time ...
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#192 » by seanbig » Mon Jun 7, 2010 7:31 am

Well you know Pierce has a point when a fan on the courtsides needs to bring Binoculars, he sure is not watching the game.....

YEAH, thats you JACK!
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
Grime_Wizard
Junior

Post#193 » by Grime_Wizard » Tue Jun 8, 2010 1:01 am

seanbig wrote:Well you know Pierce has a point when a fan on the courtsides needs to bring Binoculars, he sure is not watching the game.....

YEAH, thats you JACK!

what was Jack doin with the binoculars?
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#194 » by Geoffrey P » Tue Jun 8, 2010 2:33 am

Grime_Wizard wrote:
seanbig wrote:Well you know Pierce has a point when a fan on the courtsides needs to bring Binoculars, he sure is not watching the game.....

YEAH, thats you JACK!

Checking out the babes maybe? :P
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,065

Post#195 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jun 8, 2010 10:12 am

Tangel wrote:
Grime_Wizard wrote:

YEAH, thats you JACK!

Checking out the babes maybe? :P

I saw an article today (Aldridge? Deveney?) that said he says that's exactly what he's doing. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#196 » by what would jack bauer do? » Tue Jun 8, 2010 5:49 pm

Stop talking Pauline, you talkin about the same fairweather fans that chanted "MVP! MVP! MVP!" for Kobe as the Lakers were blowing out Boston 3 and a half years ago? Dude's a faker and an idiot
laka4life
Sixth Man

Post#197 » by laka4life » Tue Jun 8, 2010 6:53 pm

what would jack bauer do? wrote:Stop talking Pauline, you talkin about the same fairweather fans that chanted "MVP! MVP! MVP!" for Kobe as the Lakers were blowing out Boston 3 and a half years ago? Dude's a faker and an idiot

Hey Jack Bauer, if chanting MVP FOR YOUR RIVALS STAR is what intelligence is defined as, I think he deserves a pass. It's clear then, Boston mans are easily the more intelligent fanbase......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers