ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2014 Free Agency discussion

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Re: Official 2014 Free Agency discussion 

Post#2581 » by Laker_Kid » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:55 am

i think shawn marion is a good pickup for us if ever we are still looking to add another piece. especially being quite thin at the 3. he could provide Wes some much needed mentorship.

however having said that. i think we are more likely to sign michael beasley over these veterans. based on the trend of our signings. he is a top pick who has vastly underachieved. he is a headcase but can be a high reward sort of deal if it does pan out. i believe byron and kobe can keep him in check with that regard. plus. we did show interest in him a while back.

Sent from my LG-D802 using RealGM Forums mobile app
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#2582 » by LApwnd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Laker_Kid wrote:i believe byron and kobe can keep him in check with that regard. plus. we did show interest in him a while back.

How many times are people are using this term "so and so will keep him in check." He had chance both in Minn and Pho to live up to his potential and both instances his weed problem always came to surface. Even now going back to Mia under the big 3 haven't seem to motivate him enought to crack the rotation and Mia doesn't even seem to want him back with their lack of talent at the moment.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#2583 » by AcecardZ » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:56 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:i believe byron and kobe can keep him in check with that regard. plus. we did show interest in him a while back.

How many times are people are using this term "so and so will keep him in check." He had chance both in Minn and Pho to live up to his potential and both instances his weed problem always came to surface. Even now going back to Mia under the big 3 haven't seem to motivate him enought to crack the rotation and Mia doesn't even seem to want him back with their lack of talent at the moment.

Exactly! Another dumb athlete that would rather spend his time smoking weed than honing his craft and living up to his potential as a top NBA player. Twenty years from now, assuming he ever matures even just a little, he'll look back on his NBA career with regret but that's of little consolation.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#2584 » by kblo247 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 pm

As far as Beas goes there was reports of stuff like Bron yelling at him for eating ice cream during a team session. He's far from perfect, but he's also a guy who has been harped on a lot. Its more like JR Smith to me, and saying that I think Woodson if he lands somewhere is who is the best coach for Beasley because he will play daddy thru the good and bad.

Eric Pincus
@EricPincus
Interesting wrinkle - Xavier Henry was not re-signed to Lakers at minimum but for remaining room exception $1.082 million - 1yr deal

3:36pm · 28 Jul 2014

Yep so no room exception to offer Sessions. The vet min is more than the room for Marion btw. This also means our 3 lowest paid guys are Wes, Sacre, and Clarkson since he will likely make 2nd rd rook minimum.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#2585 » by kblo247 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 pm

leeprettyp wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/493475575915642881[/tweet]

Mo signed with Minny I read
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#2586 » by crazyeights » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Yup. He signed for one year, something like 3.75M.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#2587 » by kblo247 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 am

Mo got 4mil? What's the world coming too p
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#2588 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:34 am

kblo247 wrote:Mo got 4mil? What's the world coming too p

MO money for MO Willams of course :lol:

Willams actually had some very good years in his NBA Career. I think he made the all star team as Cav with Lebron .
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,873

Post#2589 » by Pointgod » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 am

LApwnd wrote:

This Supercool beas is a super dumbest. The guy couldn't get his ass in gear playing with the MIA big 3. If playing for championships doesn't motivate you then nothing will.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,445

Post#2590 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Pointgod wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

This Supercool beas is a super dumbest. The guy couldn't get his ass in gear playing with the MIA big 3. If playing for championships doesn't motivate you then nothing will.

the thing is the lakers are standing at 13, we got 2 spots left and no exceptions to offer

all we can offer the guy is the minimum

if that's not super low risk high reward i don't know what is

particularly if he's going to give us shooting and another guy who has weapons coming off the bench
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#2591 » by LApwnd » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

the thing is the lakers are standing at 13, we got 2 spots left and no exceptions to offer

particularly if he's going to give us shooting and another guy who has weapons coming off the bench

there's still some solid vets out there that might have to settle for whatever scraps is left. Beasely is talented, no denying that but his play on the court doesn't seem like he's much of a team player, we already have our resident chucker in Young, I can't see Young/Bease fitting together even if they're bench players.
Kangaroohop
Junior
And1: 50

Post#2592 » by Kangaroohop » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Metta?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#2593 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:00 pm

I SHOULD be saying "hell no MWP". However, for entertainment purposes I can't say I wouldn't be at least a little interested.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,522

Post#2594 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:02 pm

kblo247 wrote:Mo got 4mil? What's the world coming too p

got to respect player like Mo that can just come back every other year and get paid. lol
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,873

Post#2595 » by Pointgod » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

Beasley is not a shooter. I'd rather offer minimums to guys like Marion, Blatche, sessions, Okafor etc. Guys that will come in and play their roles. Beasley just wants to smoke weed
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#2596 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
Pointgod wrote:This Supercool beas is a super dumbest. The guy couldn't get his ass in gear playing with the MIA big 3. If playing for championships doesn't motivate you then nothing will.

Beasley is not a shooter. I'd rather offer minimums to guys like Marion, Blatche, sessions, Okafor etc. Guys that will come in and play their roles. Beasley just wants to smoke weed

it's offense i'm talking about more than shooting

on our second unit, aside from swaggy, who would you have faith in getting points?

nash/swaggy/henry/randle/sacre
clarkson/kelly/davis

that lineup (or any mix) doesn't even look like they're going to tread water with their offense or their defense
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#2597 » by LApwnd » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:39 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

on our second unit, aside from swaggy, who would you have faith in getting points?

clarkson/kelly/davis

that lineup (or any mix) doesn't even look like they're going to tread water with their offense or their defense

Young is the designated shot clock over dribbling taking long 2, Beasely is the exact same type of player an inefficient shot clock killing over dribbling chucker. 1 per team is all we need.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#2598 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:25 pm

sure if he isn't covered like a blanket. that's why the option is there
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Post#2599 » by EArl » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:33 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

clarkson/kelly/davis

Young is the designated shot clock over dribbling taking long 2, Beasely is the exact same type of player an inefficient shot clock killing over dribbling chucker. 1 per team is all we need.

He has Iggy though.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#2600 » by Laker_Kid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:07 pm

it's not like i'm crossing my fingers for beasley. but like i said. this is the trend. we are apparently looking at beasley atm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcten/status ... 2983443456

sorry im on mobile. not sure how to embed tweets.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers