ImageImageImageImageImage

I know many of you want a PG, but we need a 3pt shooter!!

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

KingLakers
Analyst
And1: 6

Re: I know many of you want a PG, but we need a 3pt shooter!! 

Post#81 » by KingLakers » Sun Jun 6, 2010 6:00 pm

Ok if Shannon opts out i just dont see him getting more than he's making right now is it really worth for him to make the same amount of money but with just a few more years added.
GO LAKERS
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#82 » by The Skyhook » Sun Jun 6, 2010 7:32 pm

Brown hasn't had a great contract year and next year is Sasha's contract year. If Brown doesn't opt out and Sasha is still a Laker then i think Sasha will get more play time. He should be 100% by next season. I can see Sasha shooting lights out next season and providing LA with a spark off the bench.

Miller would also be a nice fit for the Lakers. It helps solve some bench issues but it still leaves a huge hole at the point guard because I don't think Mike Miller will take anything less than the MLE. If getting Mike Miller meant one more year of Derek Fisher starting then I'm all for it but the problem is that Farmar could be back. Farmar just seems like a cancer in that 2nd unit.

Overall our starting unit is solid but its the lack of depth is part of the reason why our starting PG issue stands out so much. Running with the same starting 5 would still work because its gotten the Lakers to 3 straight finals but if they can add Miller to the bench and find a replacement for Farmar then I think the Lakers could easily have a date with a 4th Finals appearance.
fongie24
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#83 » by fongie24 » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:22 pm

The Skyhook wrote:Brown hasn't had a great contract year and next year is Sasha's contract year. If Brown doesn't opt out and Sasha is still a Laker then i think Sasha will get more play time. He should be 100% by next season. I can see Sasha shooting lights out next season and providing LA with a spark off the bench.

Miller would also be a nice fit for the Lakers. It helps solve some bench issues but it still leaves a huge hole at the point guard because I don't think Mike Miller will take anything less than the MLE. If getting Mike Miller meant one more year of Derek Fisher starting then I'm all for it but the problem is that Farmar could be back. Farmar just seems like a cancer in that 2nd unit.

Overall our starting unit is solid but its the lack of depth is part of the reason why our starting PG issue stands out so much. Running with the same starting 5 would still work because its gotten the Lakers to 3 straight finals but if they can add Miller to the bench and find a replacement for Farmar then I think the Lakers could easily have a date with a 4th Finals appearance.

+1

people keep doubting fisher, but the way he has played this postseason is exactly why we keep him around.. i am a fisher fan and still want him on this team. adding mike miller and a PG and i think we are set.. we are a damn good team and i think we will be one of the best in the league again next year.. especially if we can solidify our bench.
the biggest concern with me is the quick PGs.. i think we well be able to make up for the lack of defense in that category because we dont have a speed demon who can, at least sometimes, stay in front of the super fast PGs. our offense will take care of itself.. but a back up pg who can defend the quick guys would be awesome IMO. as much as i like him, theres no hiding that fish is gettin old and shannon and jordan are not exactly great defenders.
anuroc
Junior
And1: 19

Post#84 » by anuroc » Sun Jun 6, 2010 9:07 pm

Miller gets along with Gasol

but having Rudy Fernandez or Jose Calderon would make him really happy

just saying....
KingLakers
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#85 » by KingLakers » Sun Jun 6, 2010 9:22 pm

Would you guys stop with this Calderon stuff his contract is way to big the Lakers aren't gonna get him. And unless Mitch can get the Portland GM drunk and get Fernandez to LA for nothing then he's not coming to the Lakers either.
GO LAKERS
xkirruax
Banned User

Post#86 » by xkirruax » Sun Jun 6, 2010 10:22 pm

wow people still talking about starting Fisher next year wow that just crazy. Fisher is the worst player in the League do people not understand an ADV Def PG would just about make the lakers unmovable on DEF. Thanks to the Lakers other DEF presence we make up for fishers trash D, now just imagine what if we had an ADV Def would do, now some of you would say well we can hide Fishers D why not keep him for O well there is a zillion 1 Demensional PG who we could do the same for.
The Skyhook
RealGM

Post#87 » by The Skyhook » Sun Jun 6, 2010 10:53 pm

xkirruax wrote:wow people still talking about starting Fisher next year wow that just crazy. Fisher is the worst player in the League do people not understand an ADV Def PG would just about make the lakers unmovable on DEF. Thanks to the Lakers other DEF presence we make up for fishers trash D, now just imagine what if we had an ADV Def would do, now some of you would say well we can hide Fishers D why not keep him for O well there is a zillion 1 Demensional PG who we could do the same for.

Well with only one MLE its hard to improve the bench without making trades. The players that the Lakers would like to move somewhere else to improve are players that nobody is willing to take. Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest/Fisher are the core players and it doesn't seem like they are going anywhere. You clearly saw the case with Fisher who could have brought the Lakers Hinrich if he was packaged with Morrison. The Bulls could have bought out Fisher's contract and he would have been back in LA. The only one that could be moved in Bynum but it only appears like it would be for an all star caliber type player.

I know I have expressed my dissatisfaction with Derek Fisher in the past but I do not feel that Derek Fisher is worthless. In the regular season the guy doesn't seem to go 100% but in the post season we all see that he gives it his all. He takes his game a step up. 82 games is brutal for a 35 year old and I don't blame Fisher for not looking great in the regular season. But when it comes to the playoffs Derek Fisher is as important as anyone else on this team. If the Lakers bring in a legit starting point guard I won't be against it. It will give Derek Fisher much deserved rest so he can be even more effective than he has been by the time the playoffs roll around. However I do think that if the MLE isn't split and is used for just one player then I feel like patching up the bench is far more important than a starting PG.
xkirruax
Banned User

Post#88 » by xkirruax » Mon Jun 7, 2010 3:01 am

The Skyhook wrote:
xkirruax wrote:wow people still talking about starting Fisher next year wow that just crazy. Fisher is the worst player in the League do people not understand an ADV Def PG would just about make the lakers unmovable on DEF. Thanks to the Lakers other DEF presence we make up for fishers trash D, now just imagine what if we had an ADV Def would do, now some of you would say well we can hide Fishers D why not keep him for O well there is a zillion 1 Demensional PG who we could do the same for.

Well with only one MLE its hard to improve the bench without making trades. The players that the Lakers would like to move somewhere else to improve are players that nobody is willing to take. Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest/Fisher are the core players and it doesn't seem like they are going anywhere. You clearly saw the case with Fisher who could have brought the Lakers Hinrich if he was packaged with Morrison. The Bulls could have bought out Fisher's contract and he would have been back in LA. The only one that could be moved in Bynum but it only appears like it would be for an all star caliber type player.

I know I have expressed my dissatisfaction with Derek Fisher in the past but I do not feel that Derek Fisher is worthless. In the regular season the guy doesn't seem to go 100% but in the post season we all see that he gives it his all. He takes his game a step up. 82 games is brutal for a 35 year old and I don't blame Fisher for not looking great in the regular season. But when it comes to the playoffs Derek Fisher is as important as anyone else on this team. If the Lakers bring in a legit starting point guard I won't be against it. It will give Derek Fisher much deserved rest so he can be even more effective than he has been by the time the playoffs roll around. However I do think that if the MLE isn't split and is used for just one player then I feel like patching up the bench is far more important than a starting PG.

Like i said fisher is nothing but trash lakers lost mainly cuz of him he cant pass cant rebound cant score and cant defend cuz of him sucking so bad at not being able 2 guard my grandma kobe was on the bench way more then he should have been i wish his legs would break so he would just get off the lakers team
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,717

Post#89 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Jun 7, 2010 3:46 am

What's wrong with Farmar? Those hustle plays are pretty impressive. So what does he do wrong?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#90 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jun 7, 2010 5:56 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:What's wrong with Farmar? Those hustle plays are pretty impressive. So what does he do wrong?
Really ? Are you really asking this question ? It's obvious you don't see enough Laker games. You figure it out, because everybody here knows the deal.

Especially since you guys are sooo basketball savvy. Yeah I'm being sarcastic too.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,717

Post#91 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Jun 7, 2010 6:33 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:What's wrong with Farmar? Those hustle plays are pretty impressive. So what does he do wrong?
Really ? Are you really asking this question ? It's obvious you don't see enough Laker games. You figure it out, because everybody here knows the deal.

Especially since you guys are sooo basketball savvy. Yeah I'm being sarcastic too.

No, I don't see a lot of Lakers games.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#92 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jun 7, 2010 6:53 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:No, I don't see a lot of Lakers games.
We've had to watch Farmar for 4 years already. If he had a clue you'd think we wouldn't be having these types of threads on our board. If you can't tell by watching him so far after 2 games, then you aren't as basketball savvy as Peirce claims you guys are.

Now if you have to continue asking what's so bad about him, you'll never figure it out.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Grime_Wizard
Junior

Post#93 » by Grime_Wizard » Tue Jun 8, 2010 1:01 am

Raymond felton is a PG who can shoot better than Fish, i say we get him
fongie24
Sophomore

Post#94 » by fongie24 » Wed Jun 9, 2010 10:53 pm

i dont think im very high on raymond felton.. fisher has higher career 3% and even though he may not be as quick as felton, fish has stepped up when his team needs him the most.. felton disappeared this year in the playoffs..

im a fisher fan. yes i know hes gettin old but i think he has proven his worth. i also know that it will be sooner than later he will be replaced in the starting lineup, but his toughness, leadership, and willingness to take (and make) big shots when needed is not something easily replaceable IMO.
The Skyhook
RealGM

Post#95 » by The Skyhook » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:04 am

fongie24 wrote:i dont think im very high on raymond felton.. fisher has higher career 3% and even though he may not be as quick as felton, fish has stepped up when his team needs him the most.. felton disappeared this year in the playoffs..

im a fisher fan. yes i know hes gettin old but i think he has proven his worth. i also know that it will be sooner than later he will be replaced in the starting lineup, but his toughness, leadership, and willingness to take (and make) big shots when needed is not something easily replaceable IMO.

Yeah many people jumped off the Raymond Felton ship after seeing him in the playoffs against Jameer. Felton hurt his value badly. He let Jameer go off and he wasn't as effective as many of us thought he would be on offense.
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#96 » by aroba » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:58 am

Kirk Hinrich is da man
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#97 » by JustAwesome » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Felton is a free agent. He made $5 million last year. Word has it that he's looking for a raise. Do the Lakers want to pay him more than that?
CodyB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#98 » by CodyB » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:59 pm

We need to get some veteran bigs. Guys like Kurt Thomas, Joe Smith and Theo Ratliff are all on the market this year and (in the case of Smith and Thomas) and provide a little bit of hustle and outside shooting and (in the case of Ratliff) provide a little shotblocking and rebounding.

Outside of a decent shooter, this team has all the talent it needs to win championships. It just needs the gritty, low maintenance LOW COST bigs. DJ Mbenga could be that guy, but he insists on taking more shots per minute then Kobe does.
I love your mum in my shirt

Return to Los Angeles Lakers