ImageImageImageImageImage

Odom Says He's In 'Horrible Shape'

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

SniperHawk10
Starter
And1: 156

Odom Says He's In 'Horrible Shape' 

Post#1 » by SniperHawk10 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Lakers forward Lamar Odom says he's in horrible shape.

"I'm in horrible shape," Odom said Tuesday after Team USA's first day of training camp.

"But I'll get in shape ... I took some time off (following the Lakers winning their second straight title). This is my first basketball activity. I boxed and some things like that. But this is the first time I ran up and down the court, and actually had a basketball in my hand."

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski said he "didn't see anybody huffing and puffing" Tuesday even though 10 of the team's 20 players didn't make the postseason.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0uLl8nKFi
Lakers + FC Barcelona | Support all Toronto teams
Magicontinues
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Odom Says He's In 'Horrible Shape' 

Post#2 » by Magicontinues » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 pm

SniperHawk10 wrote:
Lakers forward Lamar Odom says he's in horrible shape.

"I'm in horrible shape," Odom said Tuesday after Team USA's first day of training camp.

"But I'll get in shape ... I took some time off (following the Lakers winning their second straight title). This is my first basketball activity. I boxed and some things like that. But this is the first time I ran up and down the court, and actually had a basketball in my hand."

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski said he "didn't see anybody huffing and puffing" Tuesday even though 10 of the team's 20 players didn't make the postseason.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0uLl8nKFi

He should take the rest of the summer off, screw the USA team and any Lakers, rather them not play.

Start getting back in shape in another couple months. do some shooting and stuff but not this kinda team stuff daily.
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#3 » by H00PDREAMS » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:27 pm

You must be Canadian. USA! USA! USA! USA!
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#4 » by The Skyhook » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:29 pm

All that candy is catchin up to him.
popeye64821
Banned User

Post#5 » by popeye64821 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:41 pm

when has odom ever been in good shape? i mean he just stands around while the person he is guarding/playing against rebounds all over his face and destroys him around the basket.....he never showed my anything before that would lead me to believe that he was in extremely good shape....lamar needs to say f*** team usa, go to the gym for about 10 hrs and work extremely hard on his rebounding, post skills. defense, and basketball iq, oh and lamar work on your jumper while you're at it......sry guys i just can't stand lamar's lazy a** attitude and work ethic, he's an overrated scrub to me...ok maybe that's a little harsh, it just sucks watching him play because he could have been a GREAT player, but he chooses not to be.... i just hate lamar, he's f****** lazy..... so sry my post is just a rant....
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#6 » by dockingsched » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm

odom can play all game long when he's asked to just like pau, being in shape isn't an issue.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#7 » by chefy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 pm

to solve a problem, admitting you have one is the first step. odom just did that. he has a lot of time get in shape so I wont worry about it that much.
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#8 » by supaflash » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 pm

You are kidding right? Lamar has been one of our best conditioned guys for years...

Considering the guy has been anything from the 2nd to the 5th option, starter, bench guy, 20 mins, 40 mins... he's been pretty damn reliable. Yes I am a little frustrated too in thinking that he could have been even greater then he has, but the last few years he has been a great fit and we almost need him to be like he is with all the talent and egos on the team.

I would never question his conditioning though, guy consistently plays as much as possible every year and has played through a lot of nagging injuries.
96 Til Infiniti
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#9 » by 96 Til Infiniti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Watched NBA TV's Real Training Camp on USA Basketball and LO did look a little slow to me or he isn't too interested in making the team (which doesn't bother me cause I'd rather have him resting)
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#10 » by TommyTheCat » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 pm

he's trying to get bigger than his wife
96 Til Infiniti
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by 96 Til Infiniti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:55 pm

TommyTheCat wrote:he's trying to get bigger than his wife

:rofl:
Thank you, Phil.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#12 » by chefy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:55 pm

actually going to the USA camp would put him back in shape...so I think he should go
96 Til Infiniti
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by 96 Til Infiniti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 pm

chefy wrote:actually going to the USA camp would put him back in shape...so I think he should go

Even if he doesn't play for Team USA, he'll be back in shape by September and be ready for training camp. Just not sure it's going to benefit him playing two more months of ball, after the 3 long seasons we've had and the problems he's had with his shoulder and back.
Thank you, Phil.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#14 » by TyCobb » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah, I'm not gonna trip on this. It's good to hear that his offseason will be against some of the best NBA players though. Better than individual workouts with a trainer and summer league ball.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#15 » by H00PDREAMS » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:28 pm

96 Til Infiniti wrote:
TommyTheCat wrote:he's trying to get bigger than his wife

:rofl:

Lamar Odom says... " I like 'em thicker than a SNICKERS." :lol:
popeye64821
Banned User

Post#16 » by popeye64821 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 pm

sorry guys, i just get a little pissed at l.o. because everytime i watch him play, i just think damn he COULD (meaning he has the ability to, just to clarify) avg. 16 and 10 easily...he could have been one of the best pf's to ever play....it's just sad to see that half of the time he just seems soo disconcerned with everything happen on the court.....i don't want to see him on team usa because he's 30 and has alot of mileage.... i would mutch rather hear him say he's trying to focus all of his energy this summer on getting better and refining his skills, i've never heard of L.O. talk about getting better..... ugh he's just sooo damn lazy...
brandonkb8
Junior

Post#17 » by brandonkb8 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:04 pm

popeye64821 wrote:when has odom ever been in good shape? i mean he just stands around while the person he is guarding/playing against rebounds all over his face and destroys him around the basket.....he never showed my anything before that would lead me to believe that he was in extremely good shape....lamar needs to say f*** team usa, go to the gym for about 10 hrs and work extremely hard on his rebounding, post skills. defense, and basketball iq, oh and lamar work on your jumper while you're at it......sry guys i just can't stand lamar's lazy a** attitude and work ethic, he's an overrated scrub to me...ok maybe that's a little harsh, it just sucks watching him play because he could have been a GREAT player, but he chooses not to be.... i just hate lamar, he's f****** lazy..... so sry my post is just a rant....

What a hater. The way some people criticize you'd think we were one of the worst teams in the NBA. And I happen to think that Lamar is a great rebounder and a very solid defensive player. His post moves are pretty good too he just doesn't take many shots.
ock
Pro Prospect
And1: 13

Post#18 » by ock » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 pm

I also have a love/hate response to LO.

I think he can be fantastic, and he shows flashes of it. He can drive and finish left, board well, and occasionally will show a decent shot (even if it does look like a line drive).

Honestly, I can't recall him seeing him terribly out of shape, or huffing and puffing.

What drives me crazy is that he frequently does not box out, when he closes out 3 pt shooters, he will hit them because he is busy looking at the shot, and misses defensive rotations like crazy. I don't think there is anyone on the Lakers that causes me to scream at my 50" plasma more than Lamar. (I'm surprised that the TV is still intact after all these years, actually)

It's hard to get mad at him off the court, though. He seems like such a genuinely good guy, very deferential to the team's stars, and just trying to do what he's asked to do.

I don't know what to say about his weird candy munching habits. Or his odd taste in women, but I don't want to give any low blows about stuff like that. I'm sure there are hot skanks hanging around nba players all the time, and it says something that he chose someone like his wife.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#19 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:44 pm

wait what happened? did he blew up to Glen Davis' proportion?
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#20 » by laduane1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:26 am

Wish he would take the summer off and rest up.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers