ImageImageImageImageImage

Yahoo: Barnes will sign with the LAL unless CLE offers more

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

cbrown32
Junior
And1: 12

Re: Yahoo: Barnes will sign with the LAL unless CLE offers more 

Post#61 » by cbrown32 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:32 pm

microfib4thewin wrote:Remind me again what Barnes did last season. Are you guys referring to the incident with KG being pushed to the sideline?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1x9zHiSgxY[/youtube]

this one's better though...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLM4XTZWxc[/youtube]

"that's funny to me"

ILL TAKE HIM THOUGH!!
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#62 » by Gek » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 pm

cbrown32 wrote:
microfib4thewin wrote:Remind me again what Barnes did last season. Are you guys referring to the incident with KG being pushed to the sideline?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1x9zHiSgxY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1x9zHiSgxY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

this one's better though...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KoLM4XTZWxc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KoLM4XTZWxc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"that's funny to me"

Just put the URL in the youtube tag.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
96 Til Infiniti
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#63 » by 96 Til Infiniti » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 pm

If we can sign Barnes, I'd say Mitch has had a solid off-season.

Bring Phil and Fish back...Check
Add PG depth (Blake)...Check
Improve bench (Blake/Barnes/Ebanks/Caracter)...Check
Thank you, Phil.
96 Til Infiniti
Sixth Man

Post#64 » by 96 Til Infiniti » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Always thought of Matt Barnes as one of those players every opposing fan hates but as soon as he's on your team you learn to love the guy ala James Posey.
Thank you, Phil.
Frantik
Sixth Man
And1: 37

Post#65 » by Frantik » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:40 pm

96 Til Infiniti wrote:Always thought of Matt Barnes as one of those players every opposing fan hates but as soon as he's on your team you learn to love the guy ala James Posey.

How loved is a guy that can only get one yr contracts and has played for damn near every team since he entered the league??
96 Til Infiniti
Sixth Man

Post#66 » by 96 Til Infiniti » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Frantik wrote:
96 Til Infiniti wrote:Always thought of Matt Barnes as one of those players every opposing fan hates but as soon as he's on your team you learn to love the guy ala James Posey.

How loved is a guy that can only get one yr contracts and has played for damn near every team since he entered the league??

Not sure the lengths of his contract have much to do with how fans feel about his effort, energy, etc.
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#67 » by miggs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:47 pm

semi-sentient wrote:Barnes is full of it. He's not going to turn down a multi-year offer from the Cavs with the lockout just around the corner. The Cavs won't offer more, and he'll end up accepting what they have to offer.

Exactly my thoughts. I HIGHLY doubt that dude will turn down that kinda security then again stranger things pop off in the NBA these days :roll: :lol:
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#68 » by larry14r » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 pm

popeye64821 wrote:how do you guys judge talent? all i've been hearing about recently is how shanon brown is the future and you guys make dj seem as if he actually contributes in a positive manner on the court......the guy hardly rebounds....if he does it's a foul because he pushed off or went over someone's back.....dj sux worst than brown.....atleast brown's ignorant a** can manage to get sum pt.... i'd much rather have kwame....he's a big body, can give bynum and pau a couple minutes rest, he's quick for a big guy, he has bad hands, can rebound, block shots, has some low post ability on offense and defense.....sure the guy has bad hands, but you guys honestly believe that dj is something special? there's a reason why dj hardly plays, even when pau or bynum is out with an injury.....dj, shannon, and luke need to go....sasha can stay, i think he actually has some potential to become a pretty efficient role player....
fish/blake
kobe/sasha/barnes
artest/barnes/ebanks
pau/lo/caracter
bynum/?

Atleast Shannon and DJ wants to come here can't say the same for Barnes. Also why the hell you want Kwame do you want to know why Kwame left. The point is that even if Kwame is here he's in the same boat as DJ. Also we are never going to get rid of Luke not with that contract. Also as for Shannon we need athletic players off our bench because teams like OKC will run us off the floor with their youth.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by larry14r » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:55 pm

96 Til Infiniti wrote:If we can sign Barnes, I'd say Mitch has had a solid off-season.

Bring Phil and Fish back...Check
Add PG depth (Blake)...Check
Improve bench (Blake/Barnes/Ebanks/Caracter)...Check

Even thought I hate Barnes a lot right now with his stupid a** self. And I will still hate him when he's a laker.
popeye64821
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#70 » by popeye64821 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 pm

sooo we need brown's 1-8 shooting nights, 0 steals, maybe 2-3 rbs to help us beat the thunder? i don't care why kwame left previously....that was then, this is now....i know for a fact that kwame is better than dj.....what do shannon and dj bring to the table that can't be replaced? kwame has better skills and can play some ball, dj is just a strong meat head....shannon has too many mental lapses......but oh i guess what you're saying is you would rather have shannon brown and his lack of production so that you can watch a sports center highlight or two...please....and as far as dj vs kwame.....atleast kwame is servicable and has starting experience, and has previous experience in the triangle....why can't he do better and become a better teammate his 2nd time around? he is older and more mature and doesn't have to live up to high expecations to live up to, so he can play freely.....and if you want to talk about barnes being shipped around, i believe you forgot to mention that shannon was on 4 teams during his career and was traded around about 2 or 3 times during the 07-08 season....if shannon is soo good and not just an athlete...why hasn't anyone offered him money? why can't he find a roster spot on a team in need of a pg/sg.....well maybe because he sux and gms see him for what he is just the occasional highlight reel.....
popeye64821
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#71 » by popeye64821 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:10 pm

teams like the knicks didn't even give that bum a deal...they have a knack for collecting/drafting garbage and putting them on the court......i can't believe you think shannon brown is good....what planet are you on....maybe we just have a diff opinion on good basketball players.....
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#72 » by LApwnd » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Kwame may have matured but he still SUCK, he managed only 14mpg backing up old man Wallace, even Maxiell got more PT ahead of Kwame, and he's 6'7 lol.
-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#73 » by -Spyda- » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:30 pm

What will be with Brown if Barnes sign with los angeles? can they sign both ?
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#74 » by larry14r » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:31 pm

popeye64821 wrote:sooo we need brown's 1-8 shooting nights, 0 steals, maybe 2-3 rbs to help us beat the thunder? i don't care why kwame left previously....that was then, this is now....i know for a fact that kwame is better than dj.....what do shannon and dj bring to the table that can't be replaced? kwame has better skills and can play some ball, dj is just a strong meat head....shannon has too many mental lapses......but oh i guess what you're saying is you would rather have shannon brown and his lack of production so that you can watch a sports center highlight or two...please....and as far as dj vs kwame.....atleast kwame is servicable and has starting experience, and has previous experience in the triangle....why can't he do better and become a better teammate his 2nd time around? he is older and more mature and doesn't have to live up to high expecations to live up to, so he can play freely.....and if you want to talk about barnes being shipped around, i believe you forgot to mention that shannon was on 4 teams during his career and was traded around about 2 or 3 times during the 07-08 season....if shannon is soo good and not just an athlete...why hasn't anyone offered him money? why can't he find a roster spot on a team in need of a pg/sg.....well maybe because he sux and gms see him for what he is just the occasional highlight reel.....

What I'm trying to say that we need more athletic players here on our team doesn't matter who it is because our team is a little slow.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#75 » by LApwnd » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:31 pm

-LBJ- wrote:What will be with Brown if Barnes sign with los angeles? can they sign both ?

yes but it would be a waste of money.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#76 » by larry14r » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 pm

-LBJ- wrote:What will be with Brown if Barnes sign with los angeles? can they sign both ?

And that is why we need a sign and trade for Barnes.
KingLakers
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#77 » by KingLakers » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 pm

There aren't many options left for the backup PF/C postion. Kwame, E. Thomas, K. Thomas, Joe Smith, Jarron Collins, Sean Williams, Shaq (unlikely), Benga also unlikely. My personal favorites are Kwame because he knows the system and he can block shots and rebound. E. Thomas is the other guy I like he's a strong defender and can rebound. I think both these guys can be gotten for the minimum.
GO LAKERS
KingLakers
Analyst

Post#78 » by KingLakers » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Well the PF/C debate is over Aldridge just posted on his twitter the Lakers signed Theo Ratliff 1yr 1.3m.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#79 » by Kobe System » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:52 pm

KingLakers wrote:Well the PF/C debate is over Aldridge just posted on his twitter the Lakers signed Theo Ratliff 1yr 1.3m.

seriously ?! :(
KingLakers
Analyst

Post#80 » by KingLakers » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 pm

yep

Return to Los Angeles Lakers