ImageImageImageImageImage

Source: Mike Brown agrees with Lakers, props to OP

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Re: Source: Mike Brown agrees with Lakers, props to OP 

Post#341 » by TruSkool » Fri May 27, 2011 8:27 am

i mean, its cool and all that a lot of us are starting to buy into this mike brown situation, how he may fit into the team...as for me, i just dont see it..

like minhee said before, we've won rings with jackson and riley....and we havent won squat with harris, dunleavy, rudy t, hamblen, etc etc...and there's a reason behind it...

im sure we are all smart enough to differentiate phil jackson from del harris...same would probably go for rick adelman/jerry sloan and mike brown.

obviously, we didnt take the best available coach. and all fingers point to that hotshot jim buss.
dont be surprised if he turns down an offer involving bynum and dwight...seriously.
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#342 » by TruSkool » Fri May 27, 2011 8:31 am

thought i'd share this too--

pau gasol on twitter: "I'm excited about our new coach, I hope he can lead us to more titles."
MirORich
Freshman
And1: 46

Re: Source: Mike Brown agrees with Lakers 

Post#343 » by MirORich » Fri May 27, 2011 8:39 am

How is Adelman, he of 2 Championship appearances in 20 years coaching(0 for his last 16) a more qualified candidate then Mike Brown, he of 1 Championship appearance in 5 years coaching.

More stats:

Reg season winning %
Adelman: .605
Brown: .663

Post season winning %
Adelman: .503
Brown: .592

Avg. Playoff games per season coached:
Adelman: 7.5
Brown: 14

That being said Mike Brown has a lot to prove. Very few coaches have what it takes to win Championships, but your percentage goes up and coaching acumen goes up when you get to coach for one of the following 4 franchises: LAL, BOS, SAS, CHI
It remains to be seen whether Brown can take full advantage of the tools given to him, but I can not understand the idea that somehow Rick Adelman(taking on his fifth franchise with still no chamionships) would be a far better choice than Mike Brown

iki4life wrote:
So Gutta wrote:Who would you suggest, iki4life?

for sure adelman bro....and jerry sloan if he was given a chance/showed interest
MirORich
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#344 » by MirORich » Fri May 27, 2011 8:45 am

iki4life wrote:like minhee said before, we've won rings with jackson and riley....and we havent won squat with harris, dunleavy, rudy t, hamblen, etc etc...and there's a reason behind it...

im sure we are all smart enough to differentiate phil jackson from del harris...same would probably go for rick adelman/jerry sloan and mike brown.

No matter who took over post Riley, they wouldnt have one a 'ship. Magic had to retire. Kareem was done. Worthy was deteriorating. It was a necessary rebuild. Riley himself, Auberach, Sloan and Phil Jackson all on the same staff would not have won a 'ship in the immediate 3-4 years after Magic had to call it quits. So in my mind, that is not on Dunleavy/Pfund.

The same argument applies to a lesser degree to the post Shaq, Colorado era Kobe Lakers. It took, not just Phil returning, but also the reacquisition of DFish, the maturation of Kobe, and the addition of a legit offensive post presence in Gasol to get back the championship level. That said, Rudy T was a bust.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#345 » by Jetset » Fri May 27, 2011 11:02 am

I'm not sure why we're giving props to the OP, all he did was post a rumor that had been swirling around several hours before he decided to post here. It would have been a different story if he'd posted that Brown was likely to be our coach 2 weeks or even a week ago, when Adelman surely looked like he was the true successor. I'll admit he did a good job trying to make himself look convincing by posting that he's close to Brown's summer vegas people or whatever (that was a crafty move by you OP, very, very, savvy move) but no dice, it was a nice try though. If anything the props needs to go to Broussard for finally getting something right, he was the first to report on it I believe.

I'll give you props on creating the thread on this thread, even though we had already been discussing it in the "Next Head Coach" thread hours before you posted. But you get nothing more. You said you had an agent that told you the story, you then denied to give up the name. For all I know your "agent" that you're close to was probably as close as your TV and his name being Broussard.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,342

Post#346 » by Dr Aki » Fri May 27, 2011 11:42 am

lol whats funny is that the OP decided to give himself props in the thread title
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#347 » by Doormatt » Fri May 27, 2011 11:56 am

lol, ive never created a thread so i figured some mod changed that.

OP deserves no props, only rocks thrown at him. i firmly believe in killing the messenger.
#doorgek
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,342

Post#348 » by Dr Aki » Fri May 27, 2011 1:29 pm

only OP can change the thread title

mods im sure can, but choose not to in 99.99% of cases
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#349 » by dockingsched » Fri May 27, 2011 2:11 pm

it was a mod, i won't rat him out though, show yourself!
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 339

Post#350 » by Dr Pepper » Fri May 27, 2011 2:33 pm

iki4life wrote:i mean, its cool and all that a lot of us are starting to buy into this mike brown situation, how he may fit into the team...as for me, i just dont see it..

like minhee said before, we've won rings with jackson and riley....and we havent won squat with harris, dunleavy, rudy t, hamblen, etc etc...and there's a reason behind it...

obviously, we didnt take the best available coach. and all fingers point to that hotshot jim buss.
dont be surprised if he turns down an offer involving bynum and dwight...seriously.

I agree. On top of all of that, Brown was fired to entice LeBron to stay while they brought in former Laker Byron Scott in his place. If he wasn't good enough for LeBron and Cleveland will he be good enough for Kobe and LA? The infamous LA media is already trashing the decision and those involved as well. :evil:
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#351 » by Kilroy » Fri May 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Dr Pepper wrote:I agree. On top of all of that, Brown was fired to entice LeBron to stay while they brought in former Laker Byron Scott in his place. If he wasn't good enough for LeBron and Cleveland will he be good enough for Kobe and LA? The infamous LA media is already trashing the decision and those involved as well. :evil:

In all fairness, the "infamous LA media" is a step above the Tabloids... Maybe not even a step.
And have just as much credibility...

Hiring Mike Brown isn't a very sexy story...
Jim Buss taking over and 'Putting his stamp on the org...' makes it a little sexier...

The only reporters in LA I trust to say anything about the Lakers are John Ireland and Jim Hill... And even then, I don't believe 3/4s of what they report.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#352 » by dockingsched » Fri May 27, 2011 3:06 pm

every candidate was fired by someone, except shaw that hadn't even been a head coach before. i wouldn't put much weight in the "he wasn't good enough for so and so" argument.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 339

Post#353 » by Dr Pepper » Fri May 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Dr Pepper wrote:I agree. On top of all of that, Brown was fired to entice LeBron to stay while they brought in former Laker Byron Scott in his place. If he wasn't good enough for LeBron and Cleveland will he be good enough for Kobe and LA? The infamous LA media is already trashing the decision and those involved as well. :evil:

In all fairness, the "infamous LA media" is a step above the Tabloids... Maybe not even a step.
And have just as much credibility...

Hiring Mike Brown isn't a very sexy story...
Jim Buss taking over and 'Putting his stamp on the org...' makes it a little sexier...

The only reporters in LA I trust to say anything about the Lakers are John Ireland and Jim Hill... And even then, I don't believe 3/4s of what they report.

True. Hopefully Brown and the Lakers don't get too caught up in the media, at least its not New York ;)

dcash4 wrote:every candidate was fired by someone, except shaw that hadn't even been a head coach before. i wouldn't put much weight in the "he wasn't good enough for so and so" argument.

True but not every candidate had LeBron James and the payroll that Cleveland had. Plus Brown's coaching in the playoffs leaves a lot to be desired especially offensively, he was a perennial disappointment in the playoffs. Imo its just not good to take Cleveland and LeBron's leftovers when it comes to the Lakers situation. He'll be an easy scapegoat :evil:
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#354 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri May 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Aki wrote:lol whats funny is that the OP decided to give himself props in the thread title

that was me that gave him props after he got s**** on by this board.
Forum permissions