ImageImageImageImageImage

Horry: "Lakers won't make Finals"

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Stebo_SSK
Banned User
And1: 22

Re: Horry: "Lakers won't make Finals" 

Post#46 » by Stebo_SSK » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:26 pm

The Skyhook wrote:Horry is bitter that the Lakers have a newly opened championship window and if they win back to back Kobe will have as much rings as him.

Sure our bench isn't the best in the league because we don't have a James Harden coming off the bench but we certainly improved our bench from the past season. We didn't have a legit backup shooting guard for Kobe last season and now Jordan Hill is going to have a full season knowing what his role is. You can't forget about Antawn Jamison and the scoring punch he will be capable of providing off the bench. I remember seeing a stat that said Jamison alone averaged more points than our bench did last season. Then you can't forget about the fact that our starting lineup just got a major upgrade.

Bitter? He was the main one giving Kobe praise these past few years so why would he be bitter at Kobe getting more rings? The man just gave his opinion. It wasnt like it was filled with a bunch of hate or shade of the current team.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#47 » by Kilroy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Stebo_SSK wrote:Bitter? He was the main one giving Kobe praise these past few years so why would he be bitter at Kobe getting more rings? The man just gave his opinion. It wasnt like it was filled with a bunch of hate or shade of the current team.

Just because he clearly likes/respects Kobe, doesn't mean he feels the same about the Lakers as a whole... Everything I've read from Horry since his time in LA ended, has had some sort of subtle jab at the Lakers.

His opinion, no doubt, but the lack of logic or historical recognition in this current opinion, makes it a pretty useless one.

I can't think of a single championship the Lakers won since Showtime, when they had the clearly superior bench.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#48 » by The Skyhook » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Stebo_SSK wrote:
The Skyhook wrote:Horry is bitter that the Lakers have a newly opened championship window and if they win back to back Kobe will have as much rings as him.

Sure our bench isn't the best in the league because we don't have a James Harden coming off the bench but we certainly improved our bench from the past season. We didn't have a legit backup shooting guard for Kobe last season and now Jordan Hill is going to have a full season knowing what his role is. You can't forget about Antawn Jamison and the scoring punch he will be capable of providing off the bench. I remember seeing a stat that said Jamison alone averaged more points than our bench did last season. Then you can't forget about the fact that our starting lineup just got a major upgrade.

Bitter? He was the main one giving Kobe praise these past few years so why would he be bitter at Kobe getting more rings? The man just gave his opinion. It wasnt like it was filled with a bunch of hate or shade of the current team.

I wasn't being serious about the bitter part. :lol:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#49 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:25 am

Rob has pop'd off a lot in recent years about the Lakers. He blamed Phil for the Shaq/Kobe fude. Horry's been bitter since 2003 when the Lakers never made him an offer to pay him $5 million a season. On his way out the door he flat out called Kobe and Shaq two of the biggest ball hogs he's ever played with. Took a shot at Shaq by saying...."Duncan is not like that. You're not going to read anything in the paper about "My teammates need to get me the ball", like another big man we know".

Keep talking Rob, you're only going to piss Kobe off.......you know he hears about this stuff.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
AAAAA1
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#50 » by AAAAA1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:11 am

Matt6288 wrote:Is our bench really that bad? I think we have a pretty good bench, its definitely better than Miamis and they won last season.....

lol

Warned for trolling. Don't bump old threads.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers