ImageImageImageImageImage

Mike Bresnahan: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

albasuna
Rookie
And1: 1

Re: Mike Bresnahan: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni 

Post#81 » by albasuna » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 am

People here act like D'Antoni asks his team not to play defense... l0l?
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#82 » by Leaguepass » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 am

BTW someone should prohibit Kupchak from hiring coaches in the future. Keep him strictly to trading for players...he clearly has no clue when it comes to coaches.
MensRea
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#83 » by MensRea » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 am

Still don't understand why this happens before they talked to Phil again on Monday. I just don't get it. But that's Mitch's style...he's not one to waste time.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,235

Post#84 » by EArl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 am

Im optimistic with the hiring. If Phil wanted part of Mitch's job than I would not hire him. I value Mitch to much. Personally I think that Pringles is better than Potatoe head. Time will tell!
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
minifang
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#85 » by minifang » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 am

The Purple and Gold
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,967

Post#86 » by Optms » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 am

Michael Lucky wrote:well if Phil wanted part of ?itch´s job i´m not that disappointed he got hired.

Same. Phil got greedy. And while Mitch has had his hiccups he's an excellent GM. Even for Phil he isn't worth losing or having play a smaller role in management.
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#87 » by Leaguepass » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 am

Jakay wrote:Well this will be interesting. Last year the Knicks were D first, and Phoenix was all about the O. Nash basically got his free reign under D'Antoni, so I like the hire. Preferred Phil, but whatever. I think next year is the year though; this season seems like more of a longshot now to win it all.

The Knicks became D first after D'Antoni got fired. They also won almost all their games after becoming D first. Up to that point D'Antoni somehow coached a team containing the DPOY and two all-stars to a ssub .500 record.
Hunter103
Assistant Coach
And1: 93

Post#88 » by Hunter103 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:02 am

Welp, title run was fun while it lasted.

smh
Xpressure
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#89 » by Xpressure » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:06 am

Consolation prize, at least he's better than MB
Xpressure
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#90 » by Xpressure » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:06 am

wow

Hunter103
Assistant Coach
And1: 93

Post#91 » by Hunter103 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 am

Ah well, its done. Best to get used to it and hope for the best.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#92 » by Doormatt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 am

Leaguepass wrote:
Jakay wrote:Well this will be interesting. Last year the Knicks were D first, and Phoenix was all about the O. Nash basically got his free reign under D'Antoni, so I like the hire. Preferred Phil, but whatever. I think next year is the year though; this season seems like more of a longshot now to win it all.

The Knicks became D first after D'Antoni got fired. They also won almost all their games after becoming D first. Up to that point D'Antoni somehow coached a team containing the DPOY and two all-stars to a ssub .500 record.

Well chandler being the dpoy is irrelevant mostly. Hes good, but not best player in the league good. Also those two "all stars" are two of the worst defensive players in the league as far as all star talent is concerned. Actually amare might just straight up be the worst regardless. And their defense was I believe like 10th with dantoni. Not good, not bad, just average. Actually I think the reason the Knicks were suffering was because their offense was trash.

Also the rosters and talent are completely different, not comparable at all really.

Some of you are going full (Please Use More Appropriate Word), honestly.
#doorgek
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#93 » by Jajwanda » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 am

Carmelo to the 4, Fields to the 3, Shumpert at the 2. That was pretty much the reason. They looked liked the same old crap against Miami until they switched it up again.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#94 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 am

Leaguepass wrote:

uh those two stars are Amare and Melo. Good luck building offensive chemistry. Something they still have not done. In fact once Amare comes bacK I expect the Knicks to lose ga,es at a greater rate again. Also D´Anthoni was doing a really good job before Melo got there to stall the offensive flow.
Bandwagon1
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#95 » by Bandwagon1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:11 am

Im trying to see the good in this

Uhh Nash has the ball in his hands a lot now.

What else?
GG
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#96 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:13 am

Bandwagon1 wrote:Im trying to see the good in this

Uhh Nash has the ball in his hands a lot now.

What else?

what else do you need? :lol:
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,584

Post#97 » by PeteW » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:13 am

Biggest problem I had with Dantoni was he didn't hold players accountable. Woodson holds players accountable especially on defense. Dantoni was just a very nice guy who gave a lot of freedom to players on and off the court.. hes a players coach.. I hear he has a good relationship with Kobe but I think the most important thing here will be the reunion of Nash and Dantoni, hopefully that will result in an exciting brand of basketball.

Hope Dantoni works out for u guys, yall are really the team with enough size to beat the heat, and I would love to see Kobe get his 6th..
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#98 » by gotokyo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 am

I wish the Lakers would have waited and talked to Phil one last time before making this decision. Let him know they were going to hire D'Antoni if he didn't lower his asking price and see if he'd change his mind. Doubt D'Antoni was going to magically get a job offer somewhere else within the next 24 hours.

Ehh got to live with the decision, either way he's still a massive upgrade over potato head
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#99 » by Doormatt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 am

Well it's not like our team really needs to have egos in check or something. Honestly think the effort is there, specifically the last 2 games.
#doorgek
Frantik
Sixth Man
And1: 37

Post#100 » by Frantik » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 am

well folks... Defense is about to go on vacation...

As a coach, If you don't give much of a damn when your team don't play defense, then you might as well be asking them not to play defense.

I didn't want Phil's disinterested ass, and i sure as hell didn't want D'Antoni defenseless idunnowat.

I was hoping Mitch would pull some MitchMagic and put Coach K in there. oh well... God help us against the elites. I hope the crybaby don't run Nash & Kobe's last legs into the ground sooner than their time.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers